No money items in new expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mezz, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Lheo Augur

Without a doubt , is this a bug....to many collectcrap and no sellloot..
  2. Gialana Augur

It's not just vendor fodder. The mobs don't seem to have the global loot tables. So no lower level ores/pelts/silks/poison mats/etc. At least that's the case with the mobs I've killed in OT.
  3. chronicler Augur

Why should it actually be a bug ?

We in part of Kunark, a place we have pillaged for like 16+ years, so is there any wealth left ? ;-)
    Brohg likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The global drops weren't added, it's no doubt something that just needs to be fixed.
    Ratbo Peep and Hiladdar like this.
  5. fransisco Augur

probably just an oversite. I'm sure they'll adjust it when they have time
  6. Cicelee Augur

I need to learn about all this TS stuff. Just selling collectibles so far, and already up to around 600k sold since expansion launch. And I have given some to guild members too.

A bit overboard on the collectibles I must say. I guess they want everyone to get a new familiar...
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I havent noticed “vendor trash” either, also not looking for it. Even as tradeskill stuff I havent seen as much as other “older expac” zones. Im in the dont give a crap bucket at the same time as I feel that script wassnt added and should/will be. With today’s patch maybe it’ll happen. If not be fure to post in the bug thread.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Think i have got 2 Fine feathers aside from quest and TS drops specific to RoS.
  9. Gnomeland Augur

My guess: developers didn't have enough time to put in treasure tables, will either be fixed in the coming weeks, or will be passed off as by design using one of the excuses in this thread.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just keep all those conflagrant tradeskill items as they make some good stuff and sell good in the bazaar.

Andarriel
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The point you are not getting is, people shouldn't be forced to slaughter greys they want to hunt in the current content.

If there's no plat entering the world, that stuff you're making in the bazaar will become boat anchors.
    Raptorjesus5 and Perplexed like this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

But enough vendor trash always dropped to pay for the Mercs fees, and spells, etc.
    While entitlement is indeed a current societal issue - vendor trash has always dropped in EQ - at least enough to break even. It's called earning your keep.
    If your grouping with people who do trade skill when you do not - how would you feel looting parts they need in order to sell them on your bazaar mule instead? "Sorry friends - I won the roll - you can buy it back in the Bazaar tonight!"
    That fails a certain interaction smell test too - no?
    -R
    Ishtass likes this.
  13. Ishtass Augur

I also noticed that in some older HAs that the gem drops are nonexistent. I don't know if this is new or not, but yeah, doesn't even cover merc costs. Not even close.
  14. Tronda Journeyman

Sorry guys.. i don't understand anything...
    I don't buy Krono to get money.
    I only sell from time to time some stuff I have no use for but even for that I am mostly not in the mood because of this stupid relogin-bug which needs too much time to get the trader online after an exit.
    I collect every tradeskill item for the tradeskill future use (Artizans prize, lacking of it).
    Than means I have thousands of diamonds and blue-diamonds stacked in bank for jewelry - never sold it. But even with that the tradeskills are all at 300+.
    I don't urge myself at moment to sell RoS collector and tradeskill stuff - I bank them for later use.

Even then I have enough money to provide to countless level 106 their spells and aug3s.

But even if I would need money then the easiest things are the collectors and the tradeskill stuff. Many are after Artizans Prize (maximizing) so there are plenty of stuff and the bazaar is mostly empty with tradeskill items. Especially the new tradeskill drops of RoS would make good money if I would be in need and this would be easily more than this 200k for a level in zero time. Only looking at barter makes me see dollars all the way.

But I DON'T buy anything from bazaar like gear - especially ultrarares - out of principle. They are completely overprized and if I would then I would be broke after about one or two pieces - and I simply don't need it - I collect it if they drop and I equip my alts with them. I could sell them for millions but even then I would have millions of useless cash rotting in my banks.

How the hell do you manage to be broke all the time? Only if you waste your money because you are to lazy to PLAY the game but cheat your way up the ladder. But even if you do so - 1 Krono makes about 4 Mill cash which is my highest bank account and I never wasted even that amount of cash.

What are you doing? How do you waste that so terrible?
  15. Gundolin Augur

Krono are up to 4 Million plat on your server? Which server are you playing on?
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Krono are about 2.2M on Tunare.

And I love the insinuation that spending plat on your char is cheating. I'd love to see an explanation for that one.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I get what your saying I was just saying that the conflagrant tradeskill drops in new expansion sell for good pp. I'm sure they will had diamonds blue diamonds ect its prob just a oversight. Stuff is still dropping normal for me in tainted west karana.

Andarriel
  18. Bigstomp Augur

There is enough plat out there that this won't break anyone who is actually doing the content (short term).
    Long term, they should drop vendor trash or just hand us coins since they expect us to pay for mercs. Personally I prefer a coins on mob approach vs filling my bags up.

I kinda like it right now where my bags don't get filled with a bunch of vendor crap (but I understand they need some)
    Tronda likes this.
  19. Tronda Journeyman

I see that the same.

"Cheating in a gaming way of thinking". Years ago people could BUY their plat from outside and SoE called that "cheating" or against the EULA. These days DGB does it by themselves. It is all about the money. I laughed as I saw this - pretty nice to forbid something which could bring money in the own pocket - you can call that business-minded or greedy - depends on how you live your life - with the philosophy of a cup "half full" or a cup "half empty". You can PLAY a game or you can buy a game to the top. You can spent Krono (this is nothing more than simply buying to the top) to buy ultra rares with insane 100-200 bucks for a simple virtual ("not RL-existent) item or you can simply play and earn it step by step.
    It is like today in our world with ranks, titles and position. You can work/play your way up or you can simply buy your way up. So you have in the scientific field doctors/PHDs who spent a very small amount of work in a crappy doctoral thesis to get their title but nobody looks at the "how" they got it (it gets me the creeps to see that esp. in medicine but the nobel prices which some organisations give themselves are not better). The same goes for martial arts where you get ranks beyond the tenth Dan and many only do Budo Tourism and pay up to 2000 bucks for traveling and showing their face but on the street a simple brawler guts them out with their knife. The same goes for the people who buy a PHD in US for 50$ in the usual religions institutions (which is easy possible in the US) and brag about it but here in our country this is not legal and only people with zero education absorb these lies. It is a question if you want to swallow the red or the blue pill. Are you somebody who believes every stupid lie from the TV or do you use your own brain and effort to find things out yourself. Do you need to brag with your things you have accomplished because you HAVE it (goal) or is the way the really important factor?

I am not against cheating with this - don't understand me wrong (perhaps cheating is the wrong word but I don't find any better in the english language). If you play this game like it is meant to be as a game - go through all the progression stuff, collect all you have to sell in the bazaar - and you can only do that properly if you have a gold account - then it is easy to come to money. If you don't because you are too lazy or you only play a part of that game, then it does not work.

I thought myself, that this 3 usual gems are dropping in RoS - but I can be wrong. They should include some stuff and it is surely only something they have forgotten in the hazzle to press out an incomplete and fast-made expansion. But to say it is not possible to do - nowadays - with all the "cheating methods" or say "easy methods", is a bit ridiculous.

It is the same in real life. You can complain about having no money or your life sucks - but it sucks only because you do exact the necessary things or leave out the appropriate things to make it suck. Or you can do something. The problem is that most people do not know HOW and leave it with that instead of getting a proper education program to educate themselves in a way so that this is getting easy. But they complain and point the finger at others instead of simply getting their lazy afternoon up and running ;)

So a better question would be how to make money fast or how to get rich in EQ - or for my taste: how to get enough money to not get problems with some crappy 200k in the new expansion. Like in real world you can buy your way up or you can - like in every game - play your way up. The methods in EQ and in real life are "in basic" the same. If somebody does not get it here - I would not wonder if he does not get it in RL either.

If you are "free to play" than you have a big disadvantage. But having F2P means you normally don't have RoS either - so I expect everybody has a Gold Account, access to Prestige Gear and earns with one run in a lowbie zone so much money (without paying a merc to kill greys) that he can easily afford it especially with selling simple tradeskill items like silks, ores etc for the "artizan price"-people who want to have 3000 HP instead of 700 at their aug. And you don't need RoS for that.
  20. Gialana Augur

I take back what I said about global items. Some of them were dropping, at least last night. I got a scale ore and a cloth bolt.