No money items in new expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mezz, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Vlerg Augur

''just loot stuff''?

That's the OP point: there's no sellable trash loot in any RoS zone. no diamond, no trade gem, no 'stuff' to loot unless you want to play merchantQuest with collectibles.

Believe it or not, some of us do not enjoy going back to HoT or whatever old zone in order to farm ''stuff''
    Ishtass likes this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Did you start at level 1 with 0 plat in the RoS zones? People are claiming they can't afford 100k or so for spells RIGHT NOW, after a year of EoK and 17 other years of this game.

If you leveled from 100 to 105 and looted everything you would have had tons of plat that would have lasted yeas, for example.

I don't have an issue with asking for something to be added. I have an issue with moronic hyperbole and "woe is me" garbage by some posters here. You aren't little sisters of the poor. You need plat, go get some. No pity from me about it.

If you don't want criticisms about your play and recriminations about being dumb or liars, then post ideas with the substance behind them, not a bunch of whining.
    Belexes likes this.
  3. Maedhros High King

If you want to play EQ and be successful, platinum acquisition has to be part of it. You do not have to stand in East Commonlands tunnel and spam to sell your wares. When you get collection items and tradeskill components you can put them on your bazaar mule and literally make money in game while you're at work or asleep. I cannot imagine how this can be a serious problem.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  4. Vlerg Augur

not everyone has been hoarding plat for 17 years, no.

Especially with TBM/EoK tradeskill frenzy, plats are at an all-time low.

What kind of moronic reasoning is that anyway? '' you simply had to stockpile plat from the previous expansion, in order to buy stuff in the current expansion''?

How hard it is to add diamond/trade gem onto the trash drop table like they did for the previous 20 expansion?
    Wayylon and Ishtass like this.
  5. Vanrau Augur

There are many low level zones where you can annihilate the entire zone by pulling all of it, AEing and then loot the corpses and sell the trash to vendors if you are looking to actually make some plat. However I do think NPC's need to have cash drops on them. I believe it was just one of those things they never got around to doing because it was a low priority and they were behind schedule.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe I would be more inclined to play "merchantquest" if there was a way to sell in the bazaar while actively playing the game.
    Sure I could sell in the bazaar as an offline trader while I sleep, but that would not exactly be primetime for buying...

The bazaar setup we have now. is not friendly to people with only one account. :(
    Allowing alts on the same account to be in "offline-tradermode", while playing on a main, would be much appreciated...

The bazaar system needs some improvement in that area. I will probably be labelled a wow-fanboy, but their auctionhouse-system was way more useful for trading, than the EQ-bazaar imo.
  7. Cicelee Augur

No money items drop from ROS trash? I have made over 100k in plat this week just selling ROS collectibles. Which, coincidentally, drop from ROS trash.

Don't give me this "no money items drop from ROS trash" nonsense. They do. Not in the forms of what we have seen in the past (vendor fodder, gems), but they are there..
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. snailish Augur

Easy money/hard money is very perspective-based.

However, I see no need for spells, discs or augs (or even group-level gear) to be "plat sinks" period. You buy the expac to get into the zone where the vendor is for the basic level of stuff that expac offers. It would be just as reasonable for it all to cost 7 copper apiece.

Tier of difficulty (spells, armor, etc.) of acquisition should be tiered by the content (whether quest, kill, tradeskill, etc.) and your ability to do it. There may be a plat-based shortcut (tradeskills come to mind) that even functions as a plat-sink, but those are best as alternates rather than the only way to do something.

Now, if platsinks (aka Krono-inflators) are needed there are lots of ways to do that without making entry into a new expac era prohibitive to some.
  9. Ishtass Augur

It would be a stupid move to push the plat towards bazaar instead of merchants. If DBG intended to move this way it's stupid, and if they didn't it's a bug.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

I've been under the impression that the Dev's pretty much only have two masters:
    1) Columbus Nova and the mandate wring out maximum case for minimal cost.
    2) The high end raiding guilds that are thought of as the "real" customer base.
    This is either a bug - or a mandate "from above" to spur more Krono sales to buy plat with.
    (and create a bigger time sink to farm for plar)
    -R
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

Long term planning? You're kidding me right?
    Whatever leads you to think Columbus Nova is anything but a "short term" wring out the remaining cash" as it slowly dies type investor? I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise.
    "Long term" is to them, is the upcoming fiscal year's projected return on investment.
    Short term is the current 4th quarter revenue stream to make sure this year ends with a good bump from the expansion launch.
    Simple math really.
    -Rat
    Hiladdar and noclue like this.
  12. Zehn Lorekeeper

WOW .. did you really just say "They dropped it before, so its your fault?". My god, this mentality is truly prevalent in everyday social circles everywhere. The point is THEY HAD A MONEY MAKER DROP for those who wanted it in every expansion, NOT .. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN ... NOT that they were poor. Let say it one more time for the kid playing on his XBOX who just looked up. The OP wants a money item in this expansion so he DOESNT have to go back to a PREVIOUS expansion just to make money to buy the spells and type 3 augs from this EXPANSION.

No one should have to farm 100-200 plat vendor fodder from a previous expansion to buy spells from a newer expansion. Poor planning on DBG's fault is just as bad. Actually it is possibly worse. I can fix poor planning on my part, I cant fix it on their part now can I?
    Hiladdar and Lily like this.
  13. Maedhros High King

I have no problem with the vendor trash not dropping. The amount of collectibles and tradeskill items is absurd. Heaven forbid players actually have to interact with the community in an MMO to make funds.
    I would counter that the people complaining about vendor trash are exhibiting the kind of entitlement that is far more of an issue in society than the people who say "suck it up buttercup" like I am essentially saying.
  14. Muji Augur

Mobs in RoS don't use plat anymore. They use Bitcoin.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

There is no "economy" in EQ - at least no working one, no matter if you were to follow Adam Smith or any other "Guru".

No one, and i mean NO ONE, should "forced" to spend RL money over what he's already spending for expansion and subscription.
    Yes, people can buy stuff from plat farmed elsewhere, but that takes some dedicated time - that is to be taken off from XPing/questing in the new zones. The lower your overall playtime is, the more important the "vendor drops" become even to just cover parts of the ongoing "costs".

The real issue here though isn't that there is no Vendor loot dropping.
    The real issue imo is that they again went overboard (like with the what was it? lvl80 or so spells?) with the prices, that they are not the least in tune with the dropped loot (i.e. none) from the same expansion.
    I thought we had left that behind after having seen the spell prices going DOWN again for several expansions after that all-time high before RoS (don't remember which level range it was, but the spells are on PoK vendors for 1700 or so).

Aha.
    And because of this you think it's ok to hv eno vendor trash at all drop and instead expect, as you apparently do in the post this is quoted from, to have ppl buy kronos instead?
    You don't see anything amiss with that stance?
    i do!
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

These funds should come from somewhere though, and that some where should be current content, not old stuff.
    You cannot reasonably expect people to stand in a zone like back in the old EC tunnel times to hawk off their measly tradeskill items, do you?
  17. Zehn Lorekeeper

It has ZERO to do with entitlement, period. That is all some vision in your head of how the EQ world presents it self in your own mind. People pay money for a new expansion. Regardless of why you bought it, you should not have to hop from one expansion to another to earn platinum to get the simple vendored rank 1 spells and type 3 augs. If the expansion is as linear as you say it is, any level 105 in the game has a right to camp, farm, and hunt in the zones at the group level. I should never have to "go back" to a previous expansion to earn plat to buy the spells from the current one. What your saying is I should have known I better get a tanker truck for fuel and fill it up because I may find myself in the future somewhere when they dont sell fuel. It's not entitlement, it's called reasonable expectation.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I made 1.3 Million in one night selling manufactured items yesterday. I would very much like if more plat entered the world where people are hunting in droves so I can keep doing that :)
  19. Bigstomp Augur

It's not a big deal, but I see where it's coming from. Plat loot was sorta expected. Right now if I don't play the bazaar game I will eventually go broke. (a long time from now)
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather use all my char slots for playing than having one set up as a trader.

Not having vendor items to sell back seems a bit of an oversight.
    Hiladdar likes this.