No longer able to log onto Thornblade or any Paid Server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Denasi, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Denasi New Member

Hello,
    For the past week and a half I have been in correspondence with EQ Support trying to get me back in the game on my server. At the present time I can only log into non paid servers. I presently have several toons on Thornblade and can not access them. After doing all of the fixes I was told to do, I am still not able to get to my server. The tech support sent me here to ask you what I should do next! Not sure what advice I will get but it seems as though the EQ support has given up trying to get me back in the game. This all started after the last server downtime. Can anyone PLEASE help me. I am going through withdrawals. Thanks
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

1) Did your subscription or Krono lapse? (Sorry to ask an obvious question, doesn't sound like the issue.) Odd question to ask I know, but once in awhile people get confused because they don't know Krono = 30 days and not a calendar month.
    2) Have you tried a 100% clean install of EQ? Back up your EQ directory & uninstall, and then re-install. (Make sure you don't have multiple EQ installs on your hard drive, not sure how but I've ended up with multiple between Steam & just direct download.)
    3) If you're playing through Steam, try playing through the non-Steam launcher/client. (Very little difference but worth a try.)

Next let's talk through the usual culprit with these issues when DBG says they can't help you... The patcher not being able to tell the client what privileges you have... Very often if the game is treating you as F2P and not AllAccess or Silver, because patcher is being bypassed/disrupted by a third party process.

4) Are you starting the game through the patcher, or are you bypassing it? Make sure to launch through the patcher, and make sure you have a current version of the patcher.
    5) Do you have any third party software running at the same time that could be causing issues between the patcher & client? Try adding Everquest & the Everquest directory to your anti-virus exception list. If you're running other third party programs in tandem with EQ, well don't as they're obviously not supported...

Good luck!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Agree with Kermitt. The first thing I would do, and the easiest is to go to account management in the main site and see if your last payment has been applied. Be it Krono or credit card it will show the last time you paid.

Or even easier is just look on your character select screen at the top? Does it still say SILVER in silver or FREE in green or ALL ACCESS?

What does that show?