No game will ever have 54 person PvE again. Here is why.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Straps, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is true that we have guest raiders from other raiding guilds(mostly alts though), so there might be a slight overlap. But it is also true that sometimes all 4 raiding guilds are raiding simultaneously(I think), and I doubt someone can box 2 different raids at the same time.
    Only a few raiders multibox in the same raid, and its rare, at least in my guild.
  2. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Ok. I can see that on other servers but on AB, that’s totally not the case. We all overlap. (4 primary raid guilds)
  3. Siddar Augur

Most raid sizes in early EQ were limited by lag not an artificial cap. Riad size beyond 30-36 and dial modems along with crappy computers simply made having more counter productive.

Raid size began creeping up and by the time of SoV you saw the first giant sized raids. They weren't common amongst the top guilds though. There were limited numbers of max level players and contested content made keeping your raid size contained at 36ish was better for maximizing loot.

I still remember grouping with third place guild at start of Luclin they still weren't all level 60 yet. That showed the difference between that guild and the top two guilds on server. Because the third place guild had sub level 60s and large raids, while the two higher guilds kept to all 60s.

Around PoP is when you see the top guilds beefing up to large raid sizes. Driven by just the insane amount of guilds wanting to compete for contested content. There were 20+ guilds all wanting a peace of vex thal and at least the lower tier of pop.

You get a reduction of allowed raid size in GoD to 54 and it stays there until today except for a proposed change that didn't happen mid SoD.

You have situation where large raid sizes weren't the norm until PoP. But any attempt at change is shouted down by the guilds that don't have problem fielding 54. Should raid size be reduced? I think they should/should have been reduced in SoD like was planned. Indications are that max raid size of 36 is largest sustainable amount that doesn't require eating the bottom rung of raiding guilds in order to sustain those higher up the latter.
  4. Intenso Augur

they tried to cut raid size down in seeds of destruction and no1 wanted it? . But maybe they could do that again lower number raids for less loot different lock out? slighlty easier?