No experience on kills

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ibadan Kun'Tirel, May 24, 2021.

1. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Hello, for the past 6 or 7 weeks, I have received 0 experience on kills. I have tried toggling AA xp to 0, make some kills, then back to 100, and made many more kills. I petitioned, but was told there was nothing they could do for me. I have zoned, died, logged out, logged in, killed in different zones. My AA xp is stuck at 6%. At this point I'm mostly just playing to raid, so the impact is minimal, and I do gain regular xp through Overseer rewards... But it would be good to see the AA xp bar move again... I have some things I've yet to finish.... (So, to clarify, I'm not maxed, and am not at AA level up cap which would prevent gaining additional AA)

"Greetings Adventurer,

I wanted to get back to you regarding your troubles with what may very well be a bugged or malfunctioning mechanic within EverQuest. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to use the in-game /bug command so that our team can pinpoint the issue and initiate an internal fix for this. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be done through dev first. Once it is fixed and you still require assistance, you can let us know.

EverQuest Official Forums provide patch update notes, under the Game Update Notes (Live) section. As the timeline of bug fixing can vary, we are unable to provide any ETA's for reported bugs and encourage players to check back in the future using our boards. We highly appreciate your understanding and if you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
    GM Doex
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC"

"Greetings Traveler,

I've reported this to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available.

Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
    I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

I do apologize that we don't have a CS-based solution for you. If a bug is detected, we hope to see it corrected at the development level as soon as humanly possible.

If you have any other in-game issues we can assist you with in the meantime, please feel free to submit another petition at your convenience.

How do I report a bug in EverQuest?
    Sincerely,
    Senior GM Woebot"
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

AA experience requires all access, you'll get a system message saying so when you make a kill with AA exp turned on.

Also theres 0 information to do anything with in this. What level, what server, what zone, grouped and level ranges in group.
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I am all access (that information was, and is, under my forum name in this thread), max level, Cazic Server, All zones (no i haven't tested every single zone out there, that would be asinine) with kills from dark blue to red. Raiding CoV content.

Also, as far as I can tell, you're not a dev, so---- me giving you this information will do nothing for you or me. The GMs had access to all of that information from my ticket and asked me to post here. I chose not to include it here because it was redundant, and I wasn't looking for player assistance. I made the assumption that the dev would be able to access my CS request.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

SB, Iba is one of the mages for my raid group. You know me, he's a good guy.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Ya, mind your own business, Soulbanshee. How dare you try and help a person, by telling them the info a dev would need to look into their very specific, and super rare (and honestly user error most likely) problem
    Duder and Bobbybick like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Are you in a fellowship with xp-sharing enabled, and where there is a large difference in levels?
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Honestly it could have just been me, but it came off as condescending given the context of the tickets. I apologize for taking it that way if that was not the intent.

"(and honestly user error most likely)" ---- stuff like this.

If both of the comments were not intended to be condescending, then I do apologize. Just rubbed me the wrong way. Came off very "you must be new here, you obviously don't understand how anything works", "it must be your fault", but again, I must have misinterpreted, so my apologies.
  8. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I am in a fellowship, I believe we're all max level but that's a good line of inquiry, I'll check that for recent changes.
  9. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

All 115s. Sharing is enabled, but would that stop xp gain completely? My understanding is that it was percentage based, where as I am gaining 0 per kill.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I had a fellowship set up but it seemed to not work right so I took away the sharing on all characters in the fellowship.

My main character who is 2 levels higher than all the others is the only one getting any exp at all now, and its just the AA, but he gets a lot - its like having lotd on all the time.

The other 2 in this group are getting 0 exp and 0 AA.

I have tried disbanding and regrouping, different hunting zones and pretty much anything else I can think of but no other characters are getting exp. Of any kind. Other than Overseer.

My next step is to disband the fellowship but that will take some work cause I have to get all of them online to re-invite.

I think this is close enough to your issue that I am going to give your first post a "like" to get it to their attention. Something is borked on exp just like it is on loyalty tokens and buying DBC
  11. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Thanks! This is helpful, it sounds like it's probably the same issue but I'll turn sharing off tonight and see if that fixes it.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was turning it off that messed it up so much for me. That is why I am looking at reforming the fellowship with everyone that was in it. Kinda to clear it out maybe.

It may have been working fine before but I just didn't like it.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I was in a fellowship where we were between 115(I was 115) and 73(I think was lowest) and we all shared XP, but I got very little XP and it would take me hours to earn a single AA. Disabling sharing seemed to fix it.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the last player who joined an xp-sharing fellowship will get bugged xp-gains. But I can't remember where I read it:oops:
  14. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Update: Something is bugged with fellowship sharing. Now that I toggled sharing off, I am again gaining xp. Thanks Cats
    Yinla likes this.