No emblem on RoF bp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thez, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Thez New Member

So just noticed as I thought i was upgrading my raid VoA T3 Bp to raid RoF T1 bp, then i come to find out no emblem slot on it. Looked up the T2 as well and no emblem on that. Haven't seen any posts on this. I'm hoping this is just an oversight....
  2. Riou EQResource

It's intended, the emblem stats were rolled into the stats of the gear itself, great change
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They where removed from gear this expansion and the stats are still on the gear but you just don't need the emblem now.
  4. Hatsee Augur

Poor change, they should have at the very least added 1k hp to the bp's so that it didn't have the illusion of being a downgrade. This "Add up the entire set!" mentality is terrible.
  5. WarSheol Augur

Was a nice change they did away with them as they where a pain collecting all matching armor as mentioned they just decided to make better armor so we wouldnt have to worry about it, of course all the stats arent going to be on just one piece of armor. So yes intended. :cool:
  6. Riou EQResource

It wont be so bad past RoF and on (unless they change their minds again :p), it's only in the transition that it looks weaker
  7. Xnao Augur

First piece is still a downgrade, but very small. After that it goes up.
  8. Cakvala Augur

Yeah you need to have atleast a few pieces of the armor to make it useful, right now still using VoA cultural until I get more levels.
  9. savrin Augur

Do the stats still go up after getting more and more pieces of visibles? Is the change that you just don't need emblems anymore but you still get the bonus for more pieces?

Or did they just make the gear better to account for emblems going away. I kinda liked the full set bonus type stuff from a certain competitor's idea for having multiple kinds of one named armor. I would prefer they give us bonuses still for having a partial or full set of gear.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No the stats are the same no matter how many pieces of the new armor you have and the emblem effect is now gone.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Sorta sad about that decision. It gave a little something extra to do that had meaning. But this works.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It also means people don't need to make the decision on how many pieces of the new armor they before they can upgrade from the old set.
  13. Koutarou Elder

This is one of those things like the standardization of focus locations, painful one-time but better for long-term health. Emblems were good concept, lousy execution.
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

I like the idea. It will hurt while slowly switch the first set, but will be a lot easier in the long run.
  15. noclue Elder

Riou said:
    “It's intended, the emblem stats were rolled into the stats of the gear itself, great change”

Agreed, and would love to see infused, power supply system disappear too.
    Vouivre likes this.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

Sorry to find this thread weeks later and feel compelled to comment :)

Certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I ask why? The powersources give you a choice on how you want to further modify your gear. I'm not sure how it would be possible to just add mods to gear to incorporate the stat changes these ps can bring to the gear. Granted, the modification they bring to gear isn't huge, but they're a nice addition and personally Iike having a choice of what to modify in my gear.

I think that the PS concept needs to be expanded and more levels of PS that can be crafted using newer ingredients would be great.
  17. Shang Augur

I hated emblems and this is good change.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

bad change
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think it is the whole having to replace the PS regularly (kind of like how a large number of players simply refuse to bother with stat food) and relatively few choices which are all positive. I personally have never bothered with PS's for the whole having to replace them reason. They have never been worth the effort to replace IMO. Now If instead they were unlimited power, and there were new sets every expansion which were even just minimally better than the previous ones then I think that more people would either use it or not want to see it go.
  20. Warpiggs Augur

Awsome change, I hope Emblems never come back.....ever. Powersources I use on all my toons, I like were you can use different ones for different situations. I do wish they would update them though...