No Christmas double xp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fortuneteller, Dec 26, 2017.

1. fortuneteller Augur

There not going to be any X-mas xp bonus this year ?

I recall when all December was xp bonus, and then 14 days were and then less and less.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Bah humbug
  3. fransisco Augur

They intend that 106-110 is supposed to take a long time. RoS experience is about 25% of EoK experience.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

We did just have extra exp for 2 weeks before RoS launch...
  6. GoneFission Augur

That explains why I'm seeing more people in Frontier Mountains after RoS launch than I did before RoS. Some are still leveling, like me. Some are level 110, ROFLstomping EoK dark blues for AAs.

Edit: I was hoping for a Christmas bonus XP, but realistically after the 50% run up bonus, I suspected just New Year's if at all.
  7. Riou EQResource

The next exp bonus should be ~50% for New Years

As mentioned the previous one was also 2 weeks before RoS launch
  8. Lily Augur

I just want an XP bonus for my merc. Pretty please?
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't think they've ever had an xp event this close to an expansion launch before. I could be wrong but don't you think it's a little silly to ask for one? Just a little bit? :p
  10. Goodn Augur

Jhenna - No I don't think it is silly that folks ask for an xp event during the holidays. Not even a little bit.

As long as I can remember there has been a bonus xp event during the Christmas - New Year break (last year there was two). People have more time to play over the holidays...it can be a great feeling to get "more done" in the game, particularly for casuals. Heck, maybe folks who were max xp and aas before the last bonus would like to take part in a bonus as well.

And the 2 weeks of bonus we just had...happened last year (not quite as long since beta was 4 weeks vs 6 weeks this year). There was a 100% bonus for Christmas weekend last year that did not happen this year. So if you think about it, we are "behind" the curve compared to last year.

DBG decided to release an expansion closer to the holidays than ever before. The players did not ask for that (I know I for one would have preferred a post-holiday launch so that more immediate bug fixes would have occurred instead of the delays due to what I assume are staffing issues this holiday). Why should what DBG decided was a good time to release an expansion affect a yearly occurrence? Should the EQ anniversary be delayed because a new expansion release was "too close"?

I guess I do think you are wrong.
  11. fortuneteller Augur

Well, Jhenna, there some who do like traditions, and the xp-bonus during Christmas/New Year has been something SoE/DBG also been doing.

So ofc. would expect the same for this year.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, New Year's hasn't happened yet, so they may still surprise us :)
    fortuneteller likes this.