No Box, No Mercs Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Baalfeus, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Baalfeus Journeyman

Hi all.

Was thinking About Posting just a Reply to existing threads, but since there are threads now Advertising Boxing, i feel it's worth it's own thread…

I don't want to Judge People that box, for whatever reason, being not to have to lfg or complete Things fast, all valid, and I would even go so far as to give them their own Server, though i doubt they will stay there. The reason to box is simply to complete Things alone, that you otherwise would Need multiple People work together. And doing that on their own Server seems to be not really attractive. If you have a Server with People that all box and get Things done, there will just not be any market for them… Boxers Need the casual Players to buy there items.

Sure, some will say they only box cause they don't want to lfg for an hour, but from my experience, Boxers don't tend to take other Players into their Group. And it doesn't matter if you box 2 or 50 Chars, prolly the 50 char Boxers might even be nicer, as they don't care too much About their single box. Though i will never understand how you can box so large numbers without 3rd-party Software...Alt-Tabbing through will take longer than the mob lives :p

Also i'm not Talking About Boxers not being helpful. I repeatedly had Multiboxers being very helpful on epics, backflagging, whatever, but I'm Talking About daily grouping. Just want to do some xp grind?

I Play a cleric main, I'm highly welcome on Raids, but when lfg it can be tough.

Every Boxer has a healer, and with mercs you don't even Need that anymore, just get a merc healer and you will be fine most of the time. I'm on Phinny atm and really love the Guild I'm in, but except a lesson run after a raid it's really hard to find a Group with mercs and boxes up.

So as a CLR i really would love a NO Box/NO Merc Server, so i can be useful not only for a while or not only for Raids:)

I really don't care About slow xp or death penalties and all the other stuff, I Love to Group and help others and EQ to me is all About playing together. Boxing and Mercs are not, so one Server without those would be my home:)
    Dontez likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Curious, have you ever played post SoD? Most people who ask for no mercs haven't ever played in an era with mercs, and have no intentions of sticking around that late into the expansions anyway.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Baalfeus Journeyman

Hm... now that you say it, no, at SoD atm here. But not sure how this should Change...Maybe on the Merc-side, Maybe they get worse, but what About boxes? Will they get worse too?

If that actually is np, then fine for me, then i'll just stay on Phinny and be happy with my clr. I just have the Feeling that playing a clr is getting worse, if not, i will be happy:)
  4. Machentoo Augur

How has your grouping situation changed since SOD launched? How was it three months ago compared to now?
  5. Dontez New Member

Single box server would incorporate all the things we love about Everquest. I have a job, I dont want work boxing when I get home. I would love nothing more than to group, socialize and enjoy the game with others, the way it was meant to be played. 1700 players on 99? Single box for the most part? is it going on 8 years? Yea . . .the way it was meant to be played.