No achievement failure notifications during the raid 'What Is It For?'

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Axxius Augur

The raid 'What Is It For?' does not show notifications when achievements are failed. In particular, the achievement 'Suffer No Shocks' (nobody gets hit by Temperature Shock). It doesn't show a failure notification when somebody gets hit. You can only see if you failed it after beating the event.
    Ozon, Rexa, Arcolin and 12 others like this.
  2. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

More importantly letting us know whom failed so they can improve for next time.
    Zaray, Ozon, Toukan and 5 others like this.
  3. Windance Augur

Is there any "flavor" text you could look for to create a GINA trigger for the failure?
  4. Knifen Augur

We got this one last night unexpectedly, not even sure what we were supposed to be dodging, didn't look like we did anything different. But agree, immediate fail messages or even a name and shame one just so we can correct when one is messed up without having to guess who did what.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

They have told us before not including achievement failure messages is not a bug, but they have considered the reqests in the past (see Pit Fight).
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Master Magus Trablic hit (player) for (damage) points of unresistable damage by Temperature Shock.

I dont know if NPC always has a casting message or only when its failed.
    Master Magus Trablic begins casting Temperature Shock.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  7. NyteShayd Elder

The challenge with using spell emotes to substitute for a failure message is the range of the spell is larger than the spell effect message.

(Also: BUMP)
    Winnowyl and Fenthen like this.
  8. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Right. We literally have 2 or 3 people searching logs to know if we see it or not.

If you see Master Magus casting it but no one getting hit, you still failed you just don't know who it was.
    Zaray, Winnowyl and GameKiller like this.
  9. Swiss Augur

It would be very nice to see when this failed and who got hit easier.
    adetia and GameKiller like this.
  10. Drakang Augur

Just have the raid move outside the fort. Only people inside are the tank and one person you trust to run in and out. The tank will not get hit with the freeze just the one person who runs out and goes back in when it drops. The rest of the raid stays outside and range kills the Magus.
    Knifen likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Arent you all pretty much in the same area on this one?
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

No - the range on the dodge is larger then the ranger of "hearing the spell hit them" if you arent in the dodge area, if you have, for example, everyone at the boss over by Dhakka or whatever it is, and the dodgers going across the way.

If anyone is struggling to get this one done - i can offer some advice on what worked for me, even with some diplomacy issues to deal with ;)
  13. Zarax Journeyman

Temperature shock you can do a log search for him casting it.

Gina trigger can be:
    Master Magus Trablic begins casting Temperature Shock

Depending on range you may or may not see a player get hit, but for sure as soon as its been cast its a fail on achievement.

Its been requested that this and No Ignition get fail message and hopefully who got hit by it.
    Fenthen and GameKiller like this.
  14. Arcolin New Member

Plz look into this , would be great to know who failed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

Since this is not a bug, I am moving this thread to the Veterans' Lounge as feedback.
  16. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

It's not a bug to not announce failures? That seems like a drastic outlier not at all in-line with other raids.
    alanus likes this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

You can see who failed, if you are close enough to them.
    It doesn't announce who failed, but a gina/leqogparser trigger can tell you if you are close enough.

I wish they would add 'You failed because soandso failed' but they seem to be against calling names and just want us to sort it out.
  18. Toukan Augur

Bring back the Mearatas type failure announcements. Name by name in the event msgs and what they did wrong/how they failed it. For every event/achievement
    Thunderkiks, FYAD and Ozon like this.
  19. FYAD Augur

For it to be a bug, they would have had to attempt to put a fail message and that message isn't working. In this case, they didn't even bother trying.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Knifen Augur

Im fine with more like door raid where they get charmed if dont run. Lets me work my ranged attack
    Sissruukk and Toukan like this.