No 3rd party boxing software server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Schadenfreude Augur

Correction: 70-80% is most likely accurate for those that run bot armies. The amount of people who box 2-3 accounts (usually with mercs and using no third party software) is vastly higher.

Sadly, it's become very common for people to hand the details of their accounts over to botters because for whatever reason they cannot be bothered actually playing the game so they would be caught up in any suspension/ban wave which is extra work that the already over-burdened CS staff can do without.
  2. Ceffener Augur

Number of people who use IS is way higher than anyone afk botting. People are just salty over mostly a single person currently...
  3. Ghubuk Augur

I am not advocating no boxing. I am advocating boxing without 3rd party software assistance.
    So Happy likes this.
  4. Boxer003 New Member

They ALREADY scan for third party apps on truebox servers. If found you WILL get banned.
    Even if they didn’t (but they do) em que 2 also has it’s own scanner that crashes the game if you try to use it on a truebox server.

You are acting like it’s something they haven’t thought of already, but WE put theese measurements in place 2015 in a cooperative effort to stop usage on these servers and this agreement is still in place.

If someone manage to bypass it, they are going to bypass new kinds of “sniffers” as well
    We battle the use of third party tools on these servers and it’s an ongoing process.
    We DO want a tlp where boxing IS allowed but that’s another discussion. We DO NOT support third party tool usage on the truebox servers that exist.

I don’t dispute that people are using other third party apps, this is true, but it’s not em que 2.
    Now there will be posts below this one from idiots claiming there are some kind of “hacked” versions or “bypassed” or whatever, don’t believe it. Challenge them to pm you a link to such a version, it will NEVER happen, cause they do not exist.

/Eqmule lead em que 2 dev.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Again, for those that don't understand. I am not asking for a truebox server. I am not asking for a TLP server. I wholeheartedly enjoy boxing myself and am not asking for a no-boxing server. I am asking for a normal live server where 3rd party boxing software is not allowed.
    So no, I am not uninformed, ignorant or otherwise.
  6. Ceffener Augur

I mean technically isn’t that currently all live servers based on the actually EULA but depending on which response over the years you want to point to?
  7. Boxer003 New Member

I see, sorry for getting riled up for nothing then.
    I can support a truebox liveserver.
    In fact I’d love to see if a truebox live server would work without em que 2 on it. I could disable for an existing server that’s live but it’s kinda unfair to players on it, so it would have to be a new server or it’s not feasible.
    But as someone already said, phinny will get there in a couple years either way, so given some time, we will all know,how that worked out...
  8. Ghubuk Augur

Again, not asking for truebox. I do just fine boxing on one computer with no 3rd party software. Truebox is one computer, one toon. I am saying, one server where you can box as many as you want using one computer, just no 3rd party boxing software.
    I would think would be easy to set up as it would be almost identical to a normal live server. No special rules outside of no 3rd party boxing software.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I think the Venn Diagram intersection of boxers who don't use third party software and want a server without boxers who DO use third party software would be pretty slim compared to people who would want a truebox live server.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Again, I am not asking for a server without boxers. I am asking for a server where boxing is allowed but without 3rd party boxing software.
    So Happy likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Correct, and I'm telling you that it'd be a ghost town server.

One thing I've learned by being extremely public with my usage of inner space is the large number of boxers who have modest boxing goals but use third party software and keep quiet about their setup for fear of judgement.

I don't know what precisely you'd hope to gain by having a server with that ruleset, but I think you're excluding a lot more players than you realize.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Also if you have strong opinions about third party boxing software and haven't tried it yet, you may want to spend a month with it. It might bring some enlightenment and help your everquest experience. What do you have to lose?
  13. Ghubuk Augur

I actually disagree with that and think it would be more popular than you think.
  14. Ceffener Augur

Based on what evidence? Versus the continued support of said applications for 15? + years. And the assumed prevalence of said programs by everyone else. If there was a large outcry for said server, wouldn’t it have happened by now?
  15. Aurastrider Augur

Basically EQ is a niche game and within it there are niche groups. The most obvious two groups are the live and TLP. Within the TLP niche you have the truebox crowd and the non truebox crowd. Its an easier sell on the TLP servers where a lot of players have no goals to catch up to live but rather just repeat the same game over and over again when the next TLP opens up. I don't foresee this being popular on live where you have characters that are old enough to vote. There would have to be some big draw to drag players away from their current server and hit the reset button and I don't think a no boxing software server is going to do it. While some might feel the same as you I imagine their love for their toons outweighs the hate for boxers who use boxing software.

I am curious as to what a boxer actually did to you using 3rd party software? I use ISB, my playing time is rather limited, I don't dps race people, roll up onto their camps intentionally (I think everyone has rolled in and realized a group is meding on a hill out of obvious sight), I try my best to avoid other players like the plague whenever possible and try to not disrupt their gameplay. Others that I have known throughout the years who use ISB operate nearly the same. They just want to log on, play the darn game, log off and not impact others in a negative fashion along the way. So I am truly curious where all of this internal hate towards this niche group is coming from. Obviously someone left a bad taste in your mouth otherwise you just object to its use purely because of some irrational fear. I am truly curious what has impacted your disregard for your fellow players who simply get more enjoyment out of using broadcasting rather than hitting alt tab.
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

I have no idea on which of ANY of my posts here has displayed a level of hate or disregard to my fellow players. I am simply asking for a live server that allows for boxing but not 3rd party boxing software.
  17. Tucoh Augur

You and Bobokin should get together and have a confused forum poster server.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but people have been using a temporal rift generator and IS boxer45 to play on TLP servers from the future for like 7 months. With these advantages they are farming krono, which is then used to buy condoms in the 23rd century.
  19. code-zero Augur

From your OP these particular line tip people off to a greater level of hostility than you admit to

So basically submit to police state levels of surveillance with the death penalty for offending.

That's some really nasty stuff right there. I see no motivation for me to take a character I've played since early in 2000 to a virtual North Korea
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  20. Ghubuk Augur

I didn't realize I was asking for people to be forced to play on this particular server.
    So Happy likes this.