No 3rd party boxing software server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Ghubuk Augur

Wonder how well a server with following rules would do?
    - no 3rd party boxing software (no em q, no eye es boxer)
    - free transfers in
    - only gold accounts
    - must agree to allow dbg to sniff your pc to see if running 3rd party boxing software
    - perma ban if caught using 3rd party boxing software

I find it interesting hearing people that use the cheat software say how eq will die if it wasn't allowed when defending the use of that software. Well, a server with these rules would go a long way to determining just how much truth there is to that.
    So Happy likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Wait a couple years and you will have this when phinny catches live.
  3. strongbus Augur

the reason people say the game would die is without that software 70 -80% of people who box would stop and the amount of money that daybreak would lose might be enough to make the game not worth it.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

I thought phinny was truebox?
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Yep which is exactly what you are asking for unless you still want to alt tab box?
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Exactly. If people want to box, do it without cheating.
    So Happy likes this.
  7. Ceffener Augur

Here’s the problem. You have probably have 100’s of third party applications running on your machine. They have to write a sniffer that can indentify certain ones (and obviously not just by name), while having said sniffer not bog down the system, while getting people to agree to having spyware actively running on their machine. (Remember Xbox active internet required outrage).

Sure it could be done. But it’s been 20 years, people have been using software to help them box for at least 15 that I know of, true box server is probably the best bone your ever going to get at this point.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I am still confused do you want true box or just a no 3rd party server? If we are going to single out boxers we might as well include all software to be fair. Make your own maps, no parser, only the built in audio triggers. They all provide an advantage in their respective use. If you want a "clean" server it should equally discriminate against all 3rd party use.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

What is the problem? Go play TLP! There you have the rules for this.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

Except it is my post, my rules......just a server with no em q or eye es box.........other than regular server and perma ban if found using those 2 software.
    Would love to see how popular it becomes. My bet is that it will be extremely popular.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

I box true box and without software already. Its not that hard.
  12. Ghubuk Augur

Not looking to single out boxers at all. I box four and dont use 3rd party boxing software. When you can have software running 2, 3, 4 or more groups for you, that is what I honestly feel a lot of people would like to get away from but still have all the other normal rules.
    So Happy and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. Ceffener Augur

Real question...isn't live like 95% instanced these days?
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

Missions are instanced. The rest more rarely then regularly. The camp (from the bot thread) is special and only in the basepick available.There are some old rules of good behavior, like campcheck, respecting others camps, friendlyness and AB is wellknown for that. But from time to time you have people who respect nothing and when money is involved people tend to get bad. Sad. I remember the server merge years ago with one guild who behaved completely like morons. But there were so many complaints that they moved the whole guild to another server.

I assume that nobody would care for a botter if he wouldn't bot the sweat spot in TBL and additionally would not KS the people. This is "un-AB-like".

So if everything would be instanced, you would not see the people. And if people who are botting would use only instances then nobody would complain either. But some drops are not available in instances, I assume the typcial FM-botters for EoK ultrarare belong to that sort, the Mearatas Named Cycle too. All are no instances.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Only one of those is cheating. Get your facts straight.
    Tatanka likes this.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

I do have my facts straight. One is worse than the other but when you can use software to box far more than you can legitimately do without that software, then in my mind it is cheating. I get that not everyone feels that way, but then again, not everyone feels that way about the other software. So who is wrong, me, you or both of us?
  17. Ceffener Augur

I think using Zam is cheating.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

How you feel isn't what matters. What matters is the rules that Daybreak makes.
    Endaar and NeverPayForLag like this.
  19. Ghubuk Augur

Chuckle, I wasn't arguing against current rules. I was suggesting a server with new rules (set by Daybreak).
    So Happy likes this.
  20. johnnie Journeyman

boxing his fun also you have to remember not everyone lives in north america people play at different times ,somemes you cant find cc or a healer or a porter bang the box comes out,every time a new expansion comes out and especially a new lvl one boxes are useful to heal out of group provide extra dps for leveling and making life easier also dbg announced 2 new tlp servers the last time they released a live server it died.