Ninja AFKers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Mad_Mikey Elder

Heh
    andross77 and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Here we have the possessor of a small mind lashing out in the dark.
    You have my sympathies
  3. FluttyMan Elder

there is no reason to not ninja afk if you're a wizard... just make it 1-2 minute afks so no one notices and never stay full mana
  4. Phantom Ghost Augur

Also, is no reason to have a wizard in your group. I'll take the mage. Their pet tells me if their active.
  5. nestharus Journeyman

You afk in one of my groups and the group will wipe : P

In my groups, nobody ninja afks because they know what will happen if they do : ). They always notify ahead of time so that they don't eat a death.

Oh Phinigel I've only had two groups where people ninja afk'd, and both groups wiped. In one group, 4 people ninja afk'd at the same time as I pulled a train in Unrest with 2 hags etc. In another, one person ninja afk'd, also of course resulting in a wipe.

In my groups, you can tell immediately when the DPS drops, the healing drops, or the CC drops. People usually hover at 20% mana to keep up ^)^.
  6. Rhodz Augur

See this has always bugged me. If you are constrained by mana regen as we all are then what is so magical about 20%? Pick any number between 80 and 10 wont matter because guess what you still have to wait on regen. You can never exceed that and not wipe.

What 20% insures is the occasional wipe when the RNG raises it's ugly head and your group has no reserves. Yeah we all know some folks think themselves so awesome that math does not apply to them. Heh yeah right, that will always work out well.

Play that way if you like, none of my business but bragging about it seems more hubris than reality.
  7. nestharus Journeyman

Drops to 20% when initially breaking the camp and then never goes above that because my groups never take breaks to regen and they move on to the next camp once they clear the camp once. Camped SolA entire south side once. I was both the puller and the tank in that group. Yes, we eventually did manage to clear it =P. Had to pull some big 30-mob trains.

Also, I never ever afk in a group, so the pulls never stop : ).

And yes, in that SolA group, if a single person had ninja afk'd or had even messed up in regular play, it would have resulted in an immediate wipe.

Everyone has to play at the top of their game. No relaxing. No chilling. No time to socialize. Play hard or get kicked.

That's how all groups should be :3.

Also, of course, no boxing allowed, including any form of OOG ^)^.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What is OOG?
  9. Lhelith Journeyman

out of group
  10. Rhodz Augur

Ah so your goal is to make things as unpleasant as one may, ok gotcha :)
  11. nestharus Journeyman

Unpleasant, but sick xp as good as a full blown powerlevel group ^_^. There is a reason why people put up with it and logged their capped OOG boxes ; P, and it wasn't because I was such a pleasant nice dude ';.;'.
  12. Thorondor Augur

I bet when he goes to the bathroom, he only wipes one side of his . Because its the action of wiping that matters, not how clean it is after he wipes, amirite?
  13. Rhodz Augur

Yeah I get it, just not having any money on the matter it is difficult to act as if there was, just a matter of play styles and well life philosophies. I don't want to disparage your way of doing things, I am just curious as to motives and logic.
  14. Thorondor Augur

Motive is get done sooner
    Logic behind that is if you get it done faster, you get it done sooner.

Contrary to (un)popular belief, leveling is just an obstacle toward getting into the end-game scene.
  15. Rhodz Augur

As an Enc with little to no raid prospects unless someone buddies you into a slot or your are lucky enough to have gotten one of the two raid slots in the guild, exactly what is the end game here?
    Tevez likes this.
  16. Thorondor Augur

17. Agrippa Augur

So often the main goal is to rush through everything as fast as humanly (or inhumanly) as possible, then sit around and complain that there's no content left to do.

I normally play a tank and as such the other group members are often depending upon me to pay attention and not take frequent breaks. If I can't devote at least an hour, I'll do something solo or not play at all. I do have to take breaks from time to time, but unless it's an emergency I always announce that I need to afk and then try to come back as quick as possible. It doesn't matter what class that I'm playing, but if I anticipate being gone longer than five minutes I'll generally excuse myself and break completely.

Ninja AFKs are another beast entirely, though. Communication really goes a long way here, though. DBG might not officially recognize it, but EverQuest does, in fact, have camps and sometimes a group has some downtime while waiting for repops. It's unfortunate, but during this downtime I've noticed a lot of people tabbing out of EverQuest completely to check their email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Then the repop happens, the puller pulls, and a key class isn't even in the game. When I'm group leader, I'll let a ninja afk slide one time, if it doesn't wipe the group, but if it happens repeatedly it's kind of on my shoulders to fix the problem and not carry someone who isn't contributing and could be more of a problem to the group's survival. They'll be removed.
    Rhodz likes this.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Hate to break it to you, but there are players just as skilled as you are who are using their oog boxes and getting more xp than you are.
  19. 1018_01 Elder

Boxers leveling up their toons at your expense, while they are off concentrating on another toon.
    Btw, can I join your group, please, do you have a spot open ???

afk for a minute
  20. Rhodz Augur

See here is where IMO but not without cause they really screwed up on PH. Not putting the people down just the decision, it was made to address those guys and totally screwed guys like me. That group with Go Fever still hit 50 in a matter of days or weeks and still same thing happened. Who don't hit 50 or ever catch up and so just do something else, yep. In a lot of ways I would greatly prefer the community on PH as it was up to RoK as it was the more typical EQ crowd but arrrg sooo slow. What am I going to learn killing another (a whatever) for the 15th thousand time. What is anyone going to learn killing 100 over 300 whatevers. Seriously?

Sorry for the digression