Night of Shadows - New Composite/Dichotomic Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ~Mills~, Jun 27, 2022.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

It appears that NoS will be continuing with these spells (yellow mana spells) and its very unlikely that these spells ever are tuned to be around where they fell when first introduced in TBM. The focus restrictions put them so far behind in many cases that for many classes right from the start they aren't ever worth the spell slot they require.

Sooooo can we avoid that problem entirely by not requiring a spell slot to use them? Can all caster/priest versions be handled like the melee versions and instead be castable from a hotbar? IE every new Composite spell has .2 second cast time, its normal 60-300 sec recast timer BUT it can be casted during global refresh from a hot bar without having to ever give up spell bar space to use it.

This puts everyone on even ground getting a bonus ability for all the work involved progressing them. Instead of being a pure bonus to melee and either a total waste or marginal upgrade at best from a focusable spell for casters/priests because they have to give something else up from the spell bar to accommodate the spell.
    Duder, Raccoo, RangerGuy and 4 others like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I appreciate your idea and I'm all for it. But why not just let this weirdness die out and reduce complexity and server load? Now I love my Composite Blessing spell but I could surely live without it.
    Duder likes this.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Whether they make this change or not, all the design and implementation time will still happen. Its just a matter of if they care that its wasted for some classes due to all the focus limitations and since they require a spell slot for casters.

Melee get a new ability and its instant cast from hotbar bonus to everything they already do. They don't have to stop using another disc to fit it in or need to know physics to determine which gives more of a return for their 13 limited spell slots. It shouldn't be rocket science to figure when no focus effects, no focus aa, no restless eye focus, no twincast, or whatever other limitations some of these have become useful verses just a plain old say 40k nuke with no such restrictions.
  4. Lisard Silly

lets do it boys, full speed ahead to 100% casterquest
    Duder and WFSBelaar like this.
  5. Arkanny Augur

just like it should be!
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

For the love of Brell I am sick of whack-a-mole. Just make it a passive ability for everyone.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Everyone is a caster.
  8. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

This is Freaking hilarious.

Yup, i feel like mana classes need MORE power.
  9. RangerGuy Augur

He did add new timers for the melees versions.

Melee need to catch casters but a lot of that is due to so many targets at once for every event. But that doesn't mean casters composites need to remain problem riddled when they are in fact separate issues.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You think you want Dichotomics fixed.

Berserkers have seen how that works out....
    Tropi, Hobitses and WFSBelaar like this.
  11. Cadira Augur

I think it makes more sense to just tune the under powered dichos to be useful for all classes.

The players can tell the devs the ballpark each ability needs in terms of power for each ability to be useful with their current effects but .....they won't listen/don't care/say they'll make it happen but then won't/all of the above so it's a moot point.
  12. dwish Augur

I agree 1000%, at least regarding composite/alliance spells. When these first came out it was not enjoyable to feel like I basically HAD to have these procced every time in order to parse well, as when they first released the fulmination was pretty huge damage. Luckily, the fulmination hasn't been increased all that much, so they aren't something that is going to completely wreck your parse any longer.

As far as the dichotomic spells, some of them are still very good and I would like to see these continued. Perhaps the not so useful ones could be improved a bit, as they are amazing for some classes.

However, please just let the composite/alliance spell line die. At the very least, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't increase the fulmination damage very much. If they remain a minor thing that just helps a little like they are now that is fine, but I (and quite a few others I have raided with over the years) don't want to return to having a missed fulmination proc or two ruining your event.
    Skuz and Metanis like this.
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I strongly dislike the pattern of waiting of an important spell upgrade a year after a level increase.
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

You shut your mouth, right this instant!