Night of Shadows F&F Pre-Order Awarding Lore Satchels

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BrutusMax, Nov 3, 2022.

1. BrutusMax New Member

As an old PoP-era EQ player that has recently returned to the game and was excited to use the Heroic Upgrade feature, I wanted to support the community, Daybreak, and my long-term love of EverQuest by pre-ordering the Night of Shadows upcoming expansion. I was excited for all the addition goodies included in the various tiers and most notably, zero'ed in on the Satchels of Perpetual Twilight, the 42 Slot bags. I noticed on the Expansion Content portion of the EverQuest website, it listed that the Premium Edition had an x2 multiplier near the bag, and the Friends & Family Edition had an x3 multiplier. It also stated that each selection of items, and their respective multipliers were "Claimable once per account."

Imagine my surprise, when after purchasing the Friends & Family Edition for $225, and beginning to claim the items in-game, that it appears the Satchel of Perpetual Twilight is a "Lore" item and cannot be claimed more than once.

No where on the entire expansion information page, or the mouse over text bubble does it say this Satchel is "Lore".

[IMG]

If we go over to the "Packs" section of the EverQuest website, we can look at the House of Thule Collector's Edition Bundles. Here we see that the "Trying Trunk", and "Vexing Valise", include the word "Lore" in paranthesis in the actual text of the description, and even the mouseover bubble on the 20 and 16 slot bags lists those bags as being "Lore".

[IMG]

Is this a bug or an oversight? I don't mean to cause trouble, but this is completely misleading for anyone that has never purchased Expansion Content before. Clearly the ability to describe an item as "Lore" exists on the EQ website in other sections, so why is it not listed anywhere in the Expansion Content portion for pre-ordering Night of Shadows? A simple $63 purchase of the Collector's Edition would have sufficed in obtaining a 42 slot satchel if one didn't want the extra stuff, instead of $225 for the Friends & Family.

Please advise.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I agree, there is no way for these and some other items to be "claimed once per account"

As far as being lore you would claim one on your main, and then pass it to your alt via shared bank and then claim the other for yourself.

But that is not one per account since your alt is also on the account. So that is claiming 2 on the same account

I could understand the tradable one since you can give that to someone else but still......

If no one comes up with a good answer then I would copy your post to bug reports and get some action going there since devs seldom come here in the player support. This is more about players supporting players and should be renamed that.
  3. Thunderkiks Augur

Must be an oversight, they have had the restrictions on past expansion purchases. However you can claim them on different characters on the same account.
  4. BrutusMax New Member

Thank you both for the feedback! I will definitely copy to bug reports if no one else chimes in. Surely there must be other people in the same situation. It there were published restrictions listed on previous expansion purchases in regards to Lore bags than this must be a bug with the webpage and probably just something accidentally overlooked.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Its marketing, not a bug, devs cant do anything about it. More likely PM Accendo and link to your post to forward to that team and to see if maybe the SOP needs to be updated to include that information in their post template for the future.
  6. starman69 New Member

hrm, Friends & Family get 3 Lore, No Trade bags? that doesn't make sense, how do you give them to the one you give the tradeable expansion?
  7. Heimdall Elder

You don't. The Tradable Expansion is a no frills version.