Nice little change on /pick incoming

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Oct 11, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

If those expansions were any good they wouldn't need our saving.
  2. Machen New Member

All those other expansions only got pickzones at all because of the TLP's, in this case small change to how pickzones work due to the TLP issues doesn't seem completely unreasonable.
  3. JnJu New Member

This is a very bad change for casuals.

It barely hurts boxers. Aoers will just move to the evac spot.

The Asian farmers will still have 1 or 2 mages in every pick that won't leave and can coth their toons who do pick hop.

The big boxers generally don't pick hop. They just sit and kill a ton in 1 pick.

I'm really not sure what this was meant to stop. It's clearly put in because they felt people were abusing the fact that pick kept you at the same spot. Yet I don't think this hurts the people they meant for it to hurt.

I don't think this is going to work out as planned.

Yikes.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Talk to Atabishi
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm confused as to why people are upset about this.

recommendation to solve instance abuse Jun 1, 2015
    Exploiting Loot Gains Via /pick Jun 19, 2015
    Pick Zone (abuse?) Dec 2, 2015
    Change the way you can /pick Mar 1, 2016
    Re: Fixing picking abuse (Prathun plz) May 31, 2017

Add a delay to /pick abuse Jun 6, 2017
  6. qweasy Augur

Just because several people had the same stupid idea doesn't mean it isn't a stupid idea.
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. john5 Lorekeeper

That's like saying you get to walk into someone's house if they don't answer the door. No, you're still the jerk in that situation, it's not my job to tell every single new arrival what I am currently doing. There's no logical way you can spin it, to make it my responsibility to do your job for you.
  8. john5 Lorekeeper

9. Terranos Elder

Terrible analogy, comparing pixels that nobody owns to actual property.
  10. Febb Augur

New picks should have always drop you off it either the zone in or a safe spot when /picking over. I never understood why they allowed people to just abuse picks by going where they wanted to between picks. It should have never placed you right where you want to be, it gives people a free ticket to pick hop to grab whatever they want completely bypassing the risk.
    Kimbella likes this.
  11. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

12. Accipiter Old Timer

Knee jerk change? It's been over 3 years in the making.
  13. Xeris Augur

You forget EQ is ancient as far as games go... 3 years could easily be a knee jerk reaction. Have you seen old dudes try to cross the street ? Sometimes it takes forever
  14. Tymeless Augur

yes it does. Now the gms can see and find people just showing up randomly at spots with bot armies etc. because the have eliminated people just picking in.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm sure they've seen submitted videos of that and they've done nothing, lol.
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. Meridian Augur

Won't be long until people start complaining about levitation in PoFire.