Ngreth, HELP!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lufraki, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufraki Elder

I would like an official word from a developer, what is the actual drop rate for the Flames? I know Ngreth can get that info... I'm done with it now, only took a week (sarcasm intended).
    I was at the point where if it didnt drop in the next clear or two I was just going to give it up all together. There's a week of my life I wont get back.

I somber thought just came to mind..... I have 3 alts I need to do this on ... KILL. ME. NOW.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

As an alternative (yes it does not change the drop rate) have you considered investing your time farming other items and selling them and just buying the seal? Not meant as a snarky or trolling comment but an alternative to farming some of these rare mats and letting others do it for you. If it took you x amount of time to farm item y and you could farm z amount of other items faster and buy item y it might be worth going this route. Obviously this is dependent on item y even being available and your ability to farm items z at a faster rate. This is something a lot of seasoned crafters employ for obtaining items we simply don't want to invest the time into farming if someone else is willing to put the time in.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you’re saying it took you a week to get 4 flames either God seriously hates you, or you were doing something wrong. Getting 4 is not that bad. Now if you’re getting 25+ for getting smithing to 350, that’s another story.

It’s probably in the 1% ballpark (I’ve farmed probably 50 flames in the last few years). Had stretches where I got nothing for 4+ hours, then had clears where I get 3 drops from a single clear. Such is the nature of the RNG.

Deep breaths, yo.
  4. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Not sure what you mean. These pulls are very spread out. Pulling a bunch is not necessarily better than one-shotting each mob at it's spawn point. In fact, the time you spend running around gathering mobs causes you to kill slower overall- if you take 2 minutes for a pull, that is effectively 2 minutes added to the first npc's spawn time. In those 2 extra minutes you are later waiting for the first npc to respawn so you can start another big pull, the theoretical player who killed them in place on the prior pass would already be killing what would be your last npc in the pull.
  5. menown Augur

Please increase Ice of Velious and Bazu Bones too.
  6. Horyuken Augur

Agents of change where introduced because the old mechanics are outdated and to add to the games appeal.

On live servers all trade skill items should have a 20% drop rate across the board once the expansion is 3 years old. The item drop rates where determined by developers that are so far detached they never considered todays game.

Also the salt from people who are at 350 already would be so tasty!
  7. EnchFWO Augur

Why would we be salty? I'd be MORE than happy to have more guildies at 350 in various TS so I don't have to keep making their garbage for them!
  8. Horyuken Augur

I was joking partly, I'm close to 350 and I would welcome the change as well. It's almost unsurmountable currently if you don't have a class that can AFK camp stuff.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
  10. Lufraki Elder

Is the risk worth the reward? Now that it's been brought to light, are people going to be actively (??) AFK farming this stuff? and if caught, will they get banned/suspended?

DBG is practically forcing people to acquire items this way.
  11. josh Augur

You don't need a single one to get to 350 smithing, promise
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, they're not. Everyone's been farming them without going AFK. You can, too.

One guy hits the crappiest RNG streak from hell, and everyone freaks out.

Here's what you do. Enter a /bug report to request the drop rate is increased. Then start farming them. You'll have all four WAY before the drop rate gets changed.
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.