Ngreth, HELP!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lufraki, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufraki Elder

Seriously, any way you or any one else increase the drop rate of Pyrilen Flame in Riftseeker's?? I've been there about 3 days.... about 10 hrs each day, 3 Flames dropped... THREE. I was the ONLY one in zone clearing the red colored mobs (zone in floor and up) every time they respawned (16 mins) that's roughly 3.75 clearings per hour, I wish I counted the mobs but I'm going to guess about 80-82 mobs per clear... that's 300 mobs an hour roughly? multiply that times the hours that I was there... I'll be conservative and say 8 hours per day due to afk's and breaks... that's would put it at 7200 mobs for the entire time I was there.... that is a 1/2400 ratio ONE IN TWO THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED!!!

Can you or any one else please adjust that ... just a tad?!

At one point I had forgotten why I was there in the first place...
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I had not run into very many "afk" people using mercs or pets to kill until trying to farm mats for my artisans prize. Its rare now for me to not come across at least a couple people in some of the zones I am in standing in the same place my entire session never moving and often times they are there every time I log back in. Most of these are in places with very rare drop rates like this which is why I suspect they do it and run the risk of a suspension or ban. It really is sad people have to do this due to the horrible drop rates of some of these items but it is what it is. Just keep on plugging away and maybe some day they will look at adjusting the rates.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OP, I think you're just having a bad run with the RNG.

I did take notes when I farmed these last fall. To get four Pyrilen Flames took 682 mobs, which took about 2.5 hours. This was as a 105 druid using a tank merc.

From notes I had read on ZAM, one per 170 kills didn't seem out of whack. I think you're just having a really bad run. It happens. As a long time tradeskiller, I've had really bad runs, too. Oh, and about the same time as I was farming the Pyrilen Flames, I farmed a Hope Stone. Don't even want to say how many kills that took, it's too depressing :(

You just need one more. Keep at it, it'll drop :)
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Rng will rng - they’re not as rare as you’re calculating and Allah likely doesn’t favor you at the moment. But...will say that having to farm 25ish flames, ices and those gd lightning cores is pretty bad. One of the worst artisans maxing farms.

I swear the neon bright colors of that zone for that much farming gives one a migraine to boot. GL yo!
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

When I did all this farming last fall, I didn't run into any. I was always the only person in zone, or with one other person who was obviously at the keyboard. May depend on server.
  6. Imak Augur

[Sun Feb 11 17:07:39 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Mon Feb 12 08:55:37 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Mon Feb 12 10:23:37 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Mon Feb 12 10:41:08 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Mon Feb 12 12:59:20 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Mon Feb 12 13:49:21 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Mon Feb 12 14:46:30 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Mon Feb 12 15:49:54 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Tue Feb 13 16:17:00 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Tue Feb 13 17:15:38 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Wed Feb 14 19:37:59 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--
    [Wed Feb 14 20:29:34 2018] --You have looted a Pyrilen Flame.--

Not fantastically rare; its just a mind-numbingly boring farm.

Artisan's Prize done on three more alts ~!
  7. Lufraki Elder

Don't get me started on that color scheme..
    Am I missing something or is that 12 flames for 4 days? Was that afk camping in one spot or did you clear the zone?
  8. smash Augur

It is not hard, just boring, IMO; no reason to change drop ratio,

The only effect would be to attract bot farmers, which would then try to sell in bazaar for big Cash.

Sure the drop ratio is not great, but nor should it be, dont expect it to be a walk in the park.

And yes, people clears the entire warm area for the flames, and Cold area for the ice.
  9. Lufraki Elder

I say 1 in 2400 is down right ridiculous.
    I don't expect it to be
    But I do expect it to be somewhat reasonable to achieve in a reasonable time frame....
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’s better than 1 in 2400. You’re just having a bad run with the RNG. Stick with it, hoss.
  11. Horyuken Augur

I don't know how easy it is to poll the system, but any item that requires more than a few hours to get 1 item should be looked at. This isn't 2002 EQ anymore.
    Fanra likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This. The next one (which is the last) could come at any time. Just keep at it.
  13. Imak Augur

Clearing the zone. Kill nearly every pyrilen in three pulls, don't bother finding the 2-4 that still show on track. AFK until respawn.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Bad luck. Someone can go add up all the different mobs on magelo, but, for example, reported:

92 drops out of 18303 kills for a pyrilen guard
    87 drops out of 13814 kills for a pyrilen flameshard

Those two mobs together showed 1 out of every 179 kills.
  15. Bamboompow Augur

With all these dumb farms, make sure you have filtered your advance loot to always grab these things. Otherwise, I have nothing, really. Stop reading if you want.

Rare drops are a bummer.
    High trivial combines are a bummer. DBG expects you to pay another month's sub to try again when you fail.

Only upping your number of samples can beat the statistics game that is the RNG.
    IE: Kill more mobs faster. I farmed mine with a berserker training the whole zone on myself during off hours. Got enough for the main plus 20% failure buffer...so 5 said and done and moved on. Anything left over went to those who could use it.
  16. Zaph Augur

Lightning cores are rarer

Or seem to be for me
  17. josh Augur

Yeah but you don't actually need any
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Unless your trying to get smithing to 350.

Need depends on what you are trying to do.
  19. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Might as well add it as a vendor bought item for 200 nobels....

Yes many tradeskill items should have their drop rate upped a few %...
  20. Horyuken Augur

The problem is when these drop rates where conceived it was for current content. The items where nice and chase items, but on top of that people would be EXPing in these zones 24/7 so they would enter the world at a decent rate. Fast forward to now and it is silly they are so rare.

The other issue I have is if I'm not a pet user or have a mage bot I have to work for these, while farmers and others can AFK all day in these zones while at work or the beach and come home to 4-5 in the inventory for little to no work outside of running a character out to the spawn points.

I'm sure it is very difficult but after content is 4 expansions old all drops should just be a flat 10-20% drop rate. People want to get trade skills to 350 but sitting in a room killing level 50 mobs all day is not a challenge or fun. If you want to make people waste time introduce a cool down so you can only gain a few levels in any trade skill per day or something but making it hard because something is 1 for 100 drop rate from a mob that spawns every 27 ,minutes is archaic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.