next tlp rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by UNDEADCRUSHER, Mar 23, 2023.

1. UNDEADCRUSHER Elder

Classic with all zones reverted to original design and spell effects returned to normal.
    Pizzanomicon and Sanduleak like this.
  2. Triconx Augur

New Freeport is better than the OG mouse maze. Fight me.
    Aiona and Ketchup4 like this.
  3. DeadRagarr Augur

OG OG Paw?
  4. Bartholomo Journeyman

Obviously the everquest team wants to implement something new and possibly put it on live servers if it works. I personally do not like the idea of using the one-time-a-year TLP as a test server, but thats on them. They should take the elements that made the other tlps good and make a mashup. One of the things that I like, is free trade. Being able to put your old gear on alts, or pass it down to friends and guildies is a great quality of life improvement. It would be nice to see just one single post by the upper management of the creative team asking what people think. They will get some trolls, and they will get some dumb ideas, but for the most part they will get an idea of what people are looking for. No offense, but the best ideas normally come from the people that play your game every day and have BEEN playing the game for 20 years now.
  5. Sanduleak Journeyman

No shot. The new Freeport is awful. The Commonlands is better. Maybe even Steamfont. But Freeport just isn't enjoyable anymore. It lacks a lot of the original charm.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Sanduleak Journeyman

I'm not too broken up about the Commonlands or maybe even Steamfont. But I really do not like the 'new' Freeport. It just looks clunky and lacked charm.

But I'll still sign that petition. :D
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

@OP P99 is that way ->

That said, I am definitely a hater of new "brown, brown everywhere"" Freeport, a re-revamp like was done for Nektulos Forest after the original re-vamp for DoDH was utterly derided would be very much welcomed I think.

Reverting spell vfx could be much more problematic since the only person who knew how to program the proprietary spell effect particle-engine was in amongst those lost to the many staff-layoffs and I am not sure if the original effects are still among the library of ones available, so if they would need to be "re-created" in that engine nobody currently employed knows how.
    Sanduleak and Ruban like this.
  8. Tranced Lorekeeper

Satan, is that you? Or is this just Steve?
    Sanduleak likes this.
  9. Ruban New Member

Sure a pvp server seem like a good idea, thanks for suggesting.
  10. Triconx Augur

There was no charm in pixelated brown walls forming a maze to get out into the area to kill stuff. It lacked any sense of a bustling harbor city. The new Freeport actually feels like a city.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Arclyte Augur

fixed
    Sanduleak likes this.
  12. Triconx Augur

And Chicago is, last time I checked, indeed a city so I'm not sure what exactly needed fixing.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  13. Ruhi Augur

new freeport > old freeport simply because the "live" tradeskill vendors with all the stuff - you can buy almost everything for tradeskills in freeport instead of making alts or traveling to find the various tradeskill stuffs
  14. Sanduleak Journeyman

Yeah. That's just NPC placement. That could have easily been done in the original zone. I prefer the original Freeport. The new one feels like a different game.