Next TLP -> PvP Teams!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dagenfehl, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

It's a what goes around comes around kind of thing. Word gets around fast and just as there are PKs there are anti PKs also.

Level limits get abused. Badly. Can only imagine what all would go on now with boxing is prevalent as it is. And at the end of the day everyone knows what to expect when they log into a red server. No one is forced to play under these conditions.
  2. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

The only level limit abuse is a cleric with heals only. That 1 flaw doesn't mean kill newbs in Crushbone with a 50+ level advantage. The other servers dealt with those issues fine but you must have played SZ, which accelerated the decline of pvp servers with the zek merge.
  3. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

Prathun just tell us no so we can move on
  4. Dreven Lorekeeper

I would like a server like Sullon Zek.
    Three factions, good vs evil vs neutral.
  5. Somberlayne New Member

You notice how the Devs,GMs,Mods and such never respond to these PvP threads?

On most requests you'll get a "Its something we are looking into" or "At this moment in time, this is something we arent planning on doing"

We get the silent treatment on PvP. Yeah theres a bunch of different styles your teams, your no rules teams, your 1 death back to level 1 competition style, and your FFA. No matter which one they did someone would be upset or ask for another.

But we cant even so much as get a single response to doing a TLP PvP as it is. This is what sucks. If the server fails, close it and put the remaining characters on Zek its easy.
    Dagenfehl likes this.
  6. Machentoo Augur

There are dozens of new tlp proposals each week. They give 99% of them the silent treatment, not just the pvp ones.
  7. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I was on SZ. Loved it.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I have a feeling we will likely never see another new PvP server. Mostly because they use these TLPs for cash infusions and I imagine there would be a concern for now getting the numbers they usually do.

It's nice to hope, though. I'd play on one in a heartbeat. Love EQ and there's been like one MMO since DAoC I've really liked and it didn't hold my attention for more than a few months. Lot I liked about it but it was completely on rails and that got old in the end. Meanwhile these TLPs aren't really doing it for me either. Made it several months on LJ. A couple months on Phinny. Now, a couple weeks on Agnarr and I'm hearing the fat lady warming up. Not quitting yet, but it's in the mail. Just kind of bored with it really more than any one thing. Pvp would add a lot of new elements to the usual.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Considering the last time they launched a new pvp server was in 2001, I'd say you are pretty safe on this prognostication. But then, I would have bet against a pop locked server too, so who knows.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

No , Sherlock.
  11. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

After 3 blue tlp's we all want to kill eachother so let us ;P
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  12. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

Give us heathens a home!
  13. ragesaint New Member

This was the problem with Sullon Zek (an otherwise awesome PvP server). If they launched a SZ-type server, they'd have to do it progression-style - otherwise Kunark's geography would cause this to happen again.

I'd play on a server like this if it came out. Absolutely. Those battles were amazing.
  14. Caster Lorekeeper

I didn't read the whole thread, so someone may have already mentioned this. The problem with hardcoding teams for PvP is the impact class balance has on PvE starting with Velious. Velious is arguably the best expansion for PvP, but as VZ found out with teams, the lack of bards can immediately halt the progression of a specific team. This halt killed the dark team gear wise on VZ in Velious. Essentially the same thing happened on SZ with the good, newt and evil, just happened in Classic when evil had no competition for leveling grounds. The best breakdown needs to be RZ format without hardcoding.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

ETA on TLP PvP server? Can't wait to download Macro Quest to see where everyone is on the map
    Dandy likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

It would be a good idea to concentrate a large portion of toxic players. I'm in favor.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Obviously, you've never played pvp because quite the opposite is true. Yes, you get a different breed of player in higher numbers, but most are smart enough to know that the two things that paint a big red target on you are whining about what happens to you in pvp and going out of your way to be a dbag in pvp. It's kind of like hockey. The guys who show up with visible stitches or are known to be the heavy are the first ones the other team wants to pummel.

Toxic players love blue servers, especially blue servers lacking an enforced PNP like we are playing on now. They get to choose whatever classes they like and do whatever they want to "dps race brah" knowing they are safe from anything happening to them.

Bullies, oddly enough, are also usually complete weenies also. Most of them would never log into a pvp server.
  18. James Augur

It'll just turn into Xteamers light vs us darkies all over again and darks still run the server.
  19. Jendan New Member

Yes please, pvp teams progression server is the way to go.
  20. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

Like that is different than ragefire and phinny using harrypotter maps?