Next Progression Server....When? Rules set?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crackers, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Crackers Augur

I'm just curious if there is any detail on when the next progression server might come out. Always fun to speculate, and would love a rough timeline if DBG has one.
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Maybe when Agnarr gets to PoP? It's very early still and they are making the next expansion currently.
  3. Semah Augur

Poor krono farmers. They finally get out of SolB and people talk about sending them back. :(
  4. Phantom Ghost Augur

Near the end of agnarr, hopefully with the release of Pantheon.
  5. Galleyan Augur

Man that's the most profitable time for them. Probably for DBG too. New progression server every 3 months going forward! -_-
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Some folks have speculated that it could be similar to the Firiona Vie rule set. That seems the most likely to me.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Oh for Gods sake no. The TLP population is spread out enough already, and fracking Agnarr is not even 3 months old.
  8. Machentoo Augur

People speculated that before Agnarr was announced too, and yet here we are.
  9. Crackers Augur

I mean once a year isn't that bad of a concept. Agnarr launched in what, April? May? So why not another one in April or May? Vastly differing rules sets allow for a healthy population balance. If we did another Phinny style, or one with FV rules set as suggested, it would launch about 2.5 years after Phinny did. I don't think that's too close. Then do another quarm or Agnarr style the following year. Rotation is a good thing.
  10. snailish Augur

I think Agnarr will be at least 4 months into the lock @ PoP.

I expect it will be a Phinny 2.0, maybe with better xp all along. Formula works well (no voting, always progressing, instancing, truebox), why change it?

Maybe in between Phinny 2.0 and Phinny 3.0 we'll get an "odd" ruleset one. Odd ruleset could be all boxing allowed as the only change, or "free trade loot code" but probably nothing to radical. I think the Phinny-styles will be space 2-3 years apart from here on as long as the initial draw exists.
  11. Kroak Journeyman

I just hope it starts with Kunark and/or Velious open at the start. I would enjoy riding the leveling wave with the rest of the server in zones outside the "classic" set. My 'live' character leveled slowly, and ended up spending a lot of time in Kunark and later in Velious on the road to 50, and I would like to experience something closer to that again.
  12. Xarbokk Elder

I would love a PoP locked server that wasn't truebox. Not everyone that boxes is bad. I run 2 accounts on live and I mainly do it to start up a grp. I very quickly add other people.
  13. Tiffy31 Elder

FV ruleset with Rallos Zek FFA pvp and Ultima Online looting.
  14. Lorong New Member

Whatever it is, make ROK unlocked for more spread across exp zones. Obviously instanced raids. I want a team pvp server with 1 item+coin loot, brings back the danger of the open world and gives additional playing objectives. Agnarr/Phinny clone would be redundant at this point.
  15. Smak Augur

Every item no drop, no trade, no vendor, no /claim, no db store items. only exception is crafted items that are tradable (make them attunable instead)

You would only have items you quested or looted, or that someone crafted.
  16. Risiko Augur

There is a point of diminishing returns, and I believe that the next TLP server will hit go past that mark.

Right now, we have:
    1. Vulak'Aerr
    2. Fippy Darkpaw
    3. Ragefire - Vote
    4. Lockjaw - Vote
    5. Phinigel - Truebox / Slower Exp / Set unlocks
    6. Agnarr - Truebox / set unlocks / No further unlocks after Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    The population of TLP servers are probably as follows (highest to lowest):
    1. Agnarr / Phinigel
    2. Ragefire / Lockjaw
    3. Fippy Darkpaw / Vulak'Aerr
    There is no doubt that each new TLP server poached players from the previous TLP server. To what extent that happened is anyone's guess really.
    Obviously, there is a finite number of gamers out there that:
    • Know about Everquest
    • Want to play Everquest
    • Want to play non-current Everquest expansions
    • Want to play through the Everquest content in order from start to finish
    My opinion is that with the older TLP servers, the attrition rate of players moving on to newer TLP servers when they opened was greater before the Phinigel server came out. The point is, the Phinigel server was a turning point for Everquest TLP servers.

Phinigel with /picks, AoC-based raid instances, and slower experience gave the gamer a reason to not move on to the next TLP server that came along. For the first time in Everquest TLP history, I believe we have seen the creation of a TLP server that will hold a good portion of their population up to the later expansions.

Add on top of that the creation of the Agnarr server that took the Phinigel formula and added Planes of Power lock to it, and basically DBG has created a TLP server that is unique and should stay heavily populated for the lifetime of Everquest. With the server locked at Planes of Power (LDoN to be exact), people that play on other servers will also have characters they play on Agnarr from time to time. It is a "oh yeah I have a max level raiding character on that server too" kind of server.

Therefore, I believe that adding another TLP server will probably not draw from the Phinigel and Agnarr servers. I think a new TLP server will have an initial big push like all new TLP servers have, but it will die off rather quickly because people have too much invested in Phinigel and Agnarr to leave them permanently.

But, that's just my 2 coppers worth. Take it or leave it.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  17. Ketzerei84 Elder

It's going to be the Underfoot locked server that comes out after agnarr ;p
  18. Twong Journeyman

I cant imagen a server ruleset, that would make me want to move from Agnarr. If I must then pvp locked at Luclin.

I know nothing about where Fippy and Vulak are, but maybe they should consider a merger.
  19. Smak Augur

we also had the sleeper and combine servers with expansions unlocked once each raid target was killed for each expansion. But yeah right now we no longer have them.

Before the sleeper or combine servers existed I had suggested a server or set of servers that had expansion unlocks tied to accomplishments of individual characters. In essence what we have now listed in our achievement windows could be used as guidelines to unlock expansions per character, or using the 85% will in rules used in planes of power to advance guilds to the next expansion. Then each expansion would have a separate server that you could move unlocked characters to, or it could be one single server where players flagged for higher expansions could trade powerful items that players stuck in previous expansions could not attain. Going that way might make the server seem impure to those who start late, but it also gives a trading advantage to players who have advanced before others. It would also help out the players having trouble advancing by allowing access to overpowered items.
  20. Communist Puppy Augur

Itll probally be at least a few months after the new expansion comes out on live before theyre able to devote anymore time to getting a new server up. It may also take a while due to the lack of success that agnarr had on a larger scale, they may want to wait until theres a large percent of the population who is ready to play there instead of the same krono farmers.
    Zephiron likes this.