Next patch items that will affect TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I have to agree here. If this is going to be the change then we should be getting multiple copies per ssra clear.
  2. Risiko Augur

The new member needs to stop poking the bear with a stick! The last time one of you people poked the bear, he took our potions away from the Marketplace. Please stop poking the bear!
    Kegwell likes this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Y'all better get that Radiant Cure rotation lined up!
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's a good change. Going into boss encounters with those spell on every alt from hour 1 was broke.
    Risiko and Dythan like this.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

As you mentioned, Saprophyte drops Remove Curse and spawns every 2:45, and spawns on pick up. This spell is enough to deal with Touch of Zebuxoruk and Ssra Traps and VT Debuffs.

Rhag1 is a 1-2 groupable event. You can split Ssra 5-6 ways and get yourself a copy the first week and the second week you can do Emperor if you have enough people keyed. Or you can roll the dice and steamroll clear Ssra with 72 and hope for a drop from Rhag1/AL.

In the same way some guilds split and do Carprin to get everyone keyed then merge up the second week to do Bertoxxulous. It’s a guild decision on what you want to do to progress faster.

Or you can run Griegs End instances and hope for a Wand of Casual Blessings from Praetorian Myral who usually spawns 3-4 hours into the instance.

You also can grind out Purify Soul for your clerics. Plus you get the benefit of working on the updated AA window where you aren’t required to spend 6 in General and 12 in archetype before buying a Class AA (plus Purify Soul required Healing Gift 3 during Luclin). On top of this Purify soul is a 30 min recast instead of the 2 hour 24 minutes from Luclin.

Also worth noting, the only event that requires RGC is Emperor and you only need one player in your raid capable of curing the MT.

There are many ways to overcome lacking an RGC scroll for a whole week before you get one to drop in Luclin.
    That0neguy likes this.
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Does Wand of Casual Blessings drop anymore? http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=14611 - For some reason I thought it did not.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So VP ground spawns all over again. Oh yeah and he is Dire Charmable so you know one person can literally troll the whole server.

Currently Rhag1 doesn't drop the spell Rhag 2 and AL do and they don't drop it every time. Even if you 2 split it on cooldown you will be lucky to get half mains the spell by the time PoP comes out

That item doesn't drop
  9. Risiko Augur

It sounds to me like they brought some challenge back to the expansion. Is this a bad thing?
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Killing a level 35 mob is challenging? Needing to kill lower tier SoL content for multiple expansions is challenging? Yikes
  11. Sebbun Augur

This seems like such a consistent theme with TLPs that it’s shocking. Changes that the developers scrounge up on the forums about someone crying foul over some assanine requirement that barely barely made sense in live and has absolutely no reason to be on TLP servers without adjustment of the mechanics that drop it.

This change would only make sense if they dedicated time and effort to making sure the drops align with the increase in speed of the TLP.

And based on the developers rather direct way of saying that they don’t have the bandwidth to fix epic spawns, I’d wish they’d dedicate time to things that more than a small small subset want changed. This change being one that I would bet most either don’t care or prefer not be done.

In other words: fix the freaking time sinks and stop trying to adjust for more.
    Krezzy and WaitingforMoreEQ like this.
  12. Krezzy Augur

The pendulum is swinging too far the other way. The impact will only be felt on Coirnav, where I don't play, but I still don't like seeing research - or any other tradeskill - being made less useful.
    Ryak and That0neguy like this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

I am not even sure the pendulum is swinging in a predictable motion. These changes the last few months are all over the place.
    Some changes go back to being more classic like.
    Other changes make old things trivial.
    Some changes for QoL.
    Other changes that change core mechanics of the game.

There doesn't seem to be a common theme or direction for the game. Root breaking from DD's has been a core aspect of gameplay and I see no reason why they would feel the need to change that.
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

15. Febb Augur

The curses won't be so bad with just regular Remove Curse. I remember doing this in era on live and it wasn't so bad. Just load up a bunch of pick zones for Echo Caverns between multiple guilds and keep the picks open.

Ya the zone will be busy for a while with people killing the big mushroom to get the spell drop. Over time raiding in ssra, you'll replace those spells with Greater Remove Curse drops.
  16. Sebbun Augur

I mean, you do realize how backwards this suggestion is I hope? We are using a non-classic approach to by-pass something that they nerfed because it wasn’t part of classic.

Why not just make the raid encounter drop 1-2 spells instead of 0-1? Why not reduce the fungus to thirty minutes or ten minutes?

Why are the changes not well prepared and thought our?

My suggestion for the development team is to leave non-classic QoL changes as is until they are able to determine and mitigate impact. Camping remove curse in a level 30 zone is not going to win them any fans.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Man I really want that Rod of Casual Blessings to just link to people sometimes.
    NoWay likes this.
  18. Azereki New Member

Awesome patch notes. Thanks for all of the great changes!

Out of curiosity, for things that have a "spawn variance" added does that mean a variance on their timer or their spawn location? From tracking things like shady goblin and Marl Kastane, it seems like they already have a timer variance. Unless, there is some other underlying logic to spawn timers that I didn't realize?
  19. monkypowah Elder

in 5 days a certain major mmorpg releases the biggest expack in a long time.. that will barely affect some servers but the newest TLP always get owned by things like that so... getting to luclin in the first place with any meaningful population is the first of many hurdles :rolleyes:
  20. Krezzy Augur

You're not wrong, but why bother changing it in the first place?