Next patch items that will affect TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

Here are the test patch notes with those items that will affect the Coirnav server highlighted below.

This is from the Test patch notes thread located here.

I thought I would copy paste it here to discuss those things that will specifically affect the TLP servers. Keep in mind that if you want to give feedback to the devs, do it in the original thread linked above.

Krezzy likes this.
  2. Risiko Augur

The changes to root are interesting to say the least. I'm curious just how much this has been modified. Can a wizard root nuke a mob now with out breaking root on every nuke?

Also, I know that warriors have been using the Throw Stone combat ability to break roots on themselves that were applied by a mob. It would appear that will not work anymore.

Gratz shamans, necromancers, and druids on banestrike being applied on DoTs. That's a nice change!

Marl Kastane change is a God send. Thank you DBG.
  3. Ryak Augur

Doesn't this affect VT?
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

There's a downside to this change. My shaman uses the Virulent Paralysis AA a lot in the group game. It will now be even harder to break VP's root, either requiring me to go tank the rooted mob where he stands or wait for VP to fade. Waiting for it to fade really isn't an option since its duration is so long. Oh well.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

- The research recipe to create Remove Greater Curse now requires The Serpent's Spine.

Hahaha haha haha
    PathToEternity and HoodenShuklak like this.
  6. CaptainSkeet Augur

Prolly a good thing, jumping bosses are annoying
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

PathToEternity likes this.
  8. Simollardes New Member

What a nice way of saying "We realized we never nerfed ranks 1-4 of headshot so are doing it now"
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

My LoH will now work on target of target? Sweeeeet....
    Risiko likes this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The irony is that most of the middle ranks need buffs and the lower ranks are actually fine
  11. RandomStrategy Augur

I will miss raiding in "Not Found"

Also, no more fun using Chetari Wardstaff to play golf on rare mobs.
  12. Simollardes New Member

yep since everything is based on live hdex and proc rates, the middle ranks are effectively useless
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

And now the lowest ranks will be too hurray.
  14. snailish Augur

rare creatures and raid bosses being immune as a group to something is interesting.

This suggests that other tweaks could be made to said group of NPC's hold the "rare" or "raid" flag.
    What will they be immune to next?
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You have your dates wrong. The link you provided is May 2003. This is 3 months after the release of Legacy of Ykesha. LoY was the expansion they added level 51-60 Priest spells to research table. It definitely was not researchable during Luclin. No exclusively priest spells were.

However the rare spells were made from extremely rare components.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040917201742/http://everquest.allakhazam.com:80/db/item.html?item=19751

People talking about this component selling for 10-20k easily, years after Rhag cycle was on farm on all servers.

https://eq.magelo.com/item/65410/Part-of-Yaeth's-Compendium-Pg.-73

1% drop from a select set of mobs.

Compare that combine against the modern combine. Requiring four vendor pieces and one https://eq.magelo.com/item/97871/Dirty-Runic-Spell-Scroll#dropped dropped from basically every caster mob in 50ish dungeons that people farm heavily across multiple picks on TLPs.

Even if they released the combine in the correct era (LoY), the difficulty of obtaining the necessary components isn’t even remotely comparable.
    snailish and Prathun like this.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Risiko likes this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The same could be said for almost ever research combine i classic, yet you aren't changing those. RGC used to drop from Mind worms rarely which it no longer does. It's not nearly as rare as being made out to be For example Allah comment

"We got 2 copies of Yaeth 73r in 3-4 hours of exploring PoM on 2/7. Both dropped off of Dastardly Rascals. And yes, I'm positive that it was 73r because my research toon did the RGC combines later that day. "

It's something that yes, was much rare then the mostly vendor item current version, but it was nowhere near as rare as you're making it with these changes.

Also, you aren't allowing the old combine in the correct era and RGC is still a very useful spell when LoY comes out and it won't be on the PoP vendors till what OoW? You don't seem to be aware that RGC time gates content and having content be time gated for 2 months with the original timeline of a year in Luclin and is much different then having that same content be time gated for 2 months when the timeline for the expansion is 12 weeks.

You got hard trolled by the forums. This change is a mistake from both a balance and keeping thing classic prospective.
    Krezzy likes this.
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

New member has RGC feelings.
  19. Krezzy Augur

New member is essentially right. This change would wreck Luclin era on Coirnav unless RGC drops were boosted.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It would make it so one copy dropped every other SSRA clear and with rates that low it wouldn't even just effect Luclin. Hope you enjoy running SSRA instances and farming Plane of Fire in GoD lol