Next Op Class - thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redhead, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Redhead Journeyman

What do you think will be the next OP class in EQ? And why? :)

I was thinking that monks, warriors, beastlords, and necros haven't seen the spotlight recently, not like berserkers did in EoK, on group content level (not talking about raiders). But I don't play those classes atm, so I really don't know. :oops:

I was also remembering the classes that have been nerfed (shamans, druids, enchanters, and sks). Rangers aren't as good as they were in EoK either atm. Can't think of any other classes that got the nerf bat in the past 2 yrs.

So, just curious what do you think will be the next OP class? Warriors? (cause everyone needs a tank?), or bards (cause they're just cool), necros (cause they do their own thing) - or some other class?
  2. Bamboompow Augur

Since this is obviously a Who is Gonna Get Nerfed Next fishing expedition:

The next class to be OP is :
    A) Hopefully yours, and
    B) Not mine.

In all honestly any class can be OP if played very well. It depends on how jealous others get about it and to what degree they feel the can complain as well as to whom.
    Slippry, Yimin and Miss_Jackie like this.
  3. GeauxTigers Elder

Rangers have been doing too well in melee for too long, time for a melee-less new trueshot expansion with only 45 delay bows to spice things up.
  4. Redhead Journeyman

/SIGH :(
    Nope it's not intended as a "who is gonna get nerfed next fishing expedition"

The last class I played was a SHAMAN - been nerfed already honey.

I'm not trying to be mean to any class, was just curious what everyone's thoughts were on the matter. Many people have posted that necros/bards had been overlooked in recent years and needed to have upgrades.
    I've been told that the best class to play is the weakest one currently, because things change each year (and the weakest class in one expac may very well be the strongest in the next).
    I'm not jealous at all it was an innocent question.
    But really feeling the love from ya - that's all I can say.:oops:
    Goodluck with your class whatever you play. I do wish you the best.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

If you dont wanna "be mean" to any class, I would say dont bring it up at all. Starting a discussion about iton a forum where devs are known to read, is kind of the opposite of your intentions. Its like so many great ways to pull got nerfed out from under us because someone had to yack about it on this forum. Loose lips sink ships and all that, ya know.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

I'd say nerf us all back to Level 1 and make us start over!
  7. Astinox Journeyman

Clerics
    Sancus and Metanis like this.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

For sure! Triple the casting time of all our spells and make them fizzle twice as much! A 3-remedy heal bind is just too OP!
    Astinox likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

SKs after we get superdots but before they’re nerfed back down to reality.

Xanathol is going to have a few glorious months of dps’ing like a t1 dps class and calling it fair because clearly we were always supposed to be the “dps tank” guys, and then the salt will flow like wine, on Forum Quest and everywhere else. Someone will start a thinly veiled “why be a Paladin?” thread, Warriors will go on hunger strikes and argue that they are the *true* dps tanks, and the Hatfield’s and the McCoy’s will argue over a minimal impact sub-role until faces are blue. Eventually, the drama will reach a crescendo and the necessary nerfs will happen, restoring balance to the Force, at which point the SKs will ignore that they ended up net ahead of not having superdots at all and start crying themselves.

It’s the circle of derp. Can’t wait for the fun!
    Drogba, Sancus and Redhead like this.
  10. Redhead Journeyman

Point taken, my apologies I didn't realize everyone was so by the recent nerfs. In no way was this meant as a "who's gonna get nerfed next" post. It was meant as the opposite, actually.

When I began EQ, mages were king. Then enchanters, then shadowknights/berserkers/rangers. Then druids/shamans. Now?
  11. Radamus Journeyman

Whatever class those darn Crushbone orcs are. I zoned in to Crushbone cause I heard there was some phat loots there. Boom! I got smacked upside the head by three blue meanies and they didn't even say hello first. Totally OP. As a 110 Ranger, those gray cons shouldn't be able to hurt me that badly with weaponshield running AND my merc on reactive. Total undercons.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

13. Redhead Journeyman

NEVERMIND I RETRACT MY STATEMENT :p My hubby read the post, said I said nothing wrong, was still the sexiest shammy on the server and said ya'll were all trolls.... then I looked at your signature and yep, looks pretty troll-y to me. :cool: I think that monks should definitely get some EQ lovin' cause that's an amazing class to play, and they're awesome pullers (and when I look at my guild roster, the monk class is often MIA, but that's besides the point).
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well then, that's an unbiased opinion!
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Let's remove Endless Quiver, it ruins my immersion and hurts the fletching market overall.
  16. plearana New Member

clerics we've been waiting
  17. WorriedinNorrath Elder

lol. I ain’t taking this bait.
  18. mmats Augur

Clerics are easily topping dps charts these days with spells like this. Its not enough that they are the best healers also?

[48583/8048] Turn Undead XXI
    Classes: CLR/254
    Target: Undead
    Resist: Magic -500
    Casting: 1.25s
    Duration: 24s+ (4 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 150000 per tick
    2: Cast: Infusion of Holy Light IV (10% Chance)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 152100
    This ability, when activated, infuses an undead target with holy energy causing it to take 152100 damage initially, then 150000 damage every 6 seconds for 24 seconds and has a 10% chance to strike the target with Infusion of Holy Light IV, dealing 158000 additional damage.

[IMG]
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Of course it doesn't mention here that it has like a 3 hour recast timer. (OK, I jest, it's 3 minutes, but the average group has killed 5 mobs before this can recycle!)
  20. Gnomeland Augur

Warriors and beasts are very strong already.

90% of the time a class is being brought up for being too strong, it has to do with DPS on raids. The other 10% of the time has to do with being able to molo.

Due to: DPS on raids, DPS on raids, DPS on raids, molo ability.

Most classes got it in the past two years.

Are you talking about a class that is about to be changed because it is too strong, or a class that will become too strong in the future?