Next expansion raid ore name...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Gorgasm Journeyman

RoS even had the "Ore" gear be BiS for a couple of slots when you upgraded a ~group quest item, which was neat because it meant most people wanted *some* ore, but they were mostly for fill in slots.

Having BiS gear be the dropped gear and the TS gear be the fill in gear makes so much more sense to me. As it is now, you don't even need to look at what dropped, you just bid/roll/ask/whatever on the two ore and the rest is just nothing trash.

It also means the benefit to being able to clear a fight is just more ore/currency, there's no "well now we can clear X fight, so that means my BiS item X is now on the table!". Every melee that is raiding is going to have BiS weapons whether they can clear 9/9 or not for instance.
    Duder and Fenthen like this.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

They just need to get rid of gear drops and go straight ore at this point. There is no purpose to them and they could save themselves some design time. Or, they could go back to the RoS model and bring balance back to the force :p
    Duder likes this.
  3. Ythera Augur

I like the current raid ore that looks like a blurry picture of a hotdog.
  4. Treeconix Elder

Been saying this for years. If they are going to refuse to stray away from the stupidity that is TS BIS everything, they need to just drop the other tiers of armor altogether. It will immediately free up dev time required for itemization, stats, naming, lore descriptions, whatever. Raid chests should be nothing more than ores and spells. Done deal.
    Duder and Fenthen like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Totally, well-played.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Unfortunately ore is not BIS for every slot, depending on what your min/max focus is for your character. My mage has around 6-8 non ore pieces because the stat I go after is higher than the ore equivalent.

Although I assume if you just have one item per slot, then there is no other tier to compare items to..
  7. Zebrn Journeyman

I couldn't agree with you more. All the time put into raid gear (or even group gear) is a giant waste of time. Just remove it all, the concept of ores/muhbis basically makes it all a waste of time.