Next Expansion Feature Ideas:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Coagagin Guild house cat

Revamp the Wizard class. Wizards have gain far too much aggro for far too little damage. The class is way out of balance and needs to be reworked or retired to strictly being a taxi service.

- Coag
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

/showbrush off, like the /showgrass off command but for all of the clumps of small brush that are annoying to smaller races, or seeing well if shrunk.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I always thought that Pet class pets should only be there to take away aggro from the pet's master, I do not think they were or should have been replacements for player tank classes though they have been used that way by all-ranged boxing teams for years, none of the pets should be holding aggro vs anyone but the pet's master, if any other ranged class is higher on aggro than the pet player class then that player should be getting smacked by the mob or it's pet should then take aggro.

Therefore I find it strange that you feel they should be equal to the task of replacing a player tank in order to allow for melee other than the pet master to attack the mob.

IF the dev team feel that player pets are designed to replace player tanks then fair enough, but in that case I think stances should be created thus:

Stance 1 - Pet is tank, pet can hold aggro versus all players even melee - pet master's dps is reduced accordingly

Stance 2 Pet is not tank, pet master's dps in unaffected but the pet will not hold aggro vs anyone except the player whose pet it belongs to - even with taunt on.

For a Pet to be able to completely replace a player tank & yet keep the whole portion of their dps is absolutely asking to be allowed to be more powerful than the class deserves to be, they already have way too much power already in ranged-only groups.
  4. Nolrog Augur

More Cowbell!!!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Angahran Augur

How about fix it so when you are bringing a mob to camp it doesn't stop exactly out of melee range and proceed to beat the heck out of you ?

And maybe fix the 'you cannot see your target' when fighting because one pixel of it's toenail is behind/below the the world ? I may not have the greatest eyesight but I can see a dragon when its standing in front of me regardless of where it's feet are!
  6. Angahran Augur

p.s. maybe convert all metamorph/familiar summoning items into 'petamorphs' ?
    So if you have no pet they summon the familiar but if you have a pet they act as pet illusions.
    (I don't think you can have a pet + a familiar can you ?)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Wish I could "like" this about 1000x.
    EternalNewb likes this.
  8. EternalNewb Journeyman

1. This is very unlikely. Complicated missions require people versus bots/mercenaries. It encourages grouping with people. Secondly, it encourages people to understand the raid mechanics before the actual raid. (Just a guess).
    2. This is impossible. Long gone are the halcyon days of yore where developers had times to create individual items/armor/weapons for specific classes. Heck, I believe they didn't have the time to create a shield for just priests this time around.
    3. No idea. The issue with locked zone is that you want to make them a little challenging to get, but not trivial. It is already complicated enough to design and accommodate for various levels of gear and player skill.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Duder and minimind like this.
  9. KrakenReality Augur

10. FranktheBank Augur

Increase the distance from which mobs start to summon. Currently, they summon you to their center if you are a pixel outside melee range. Just increasing this to like... +10' outside of melee.

Consolidating more AAs/spell/abilities.

Give us the choice of the type of proc we get on group/raid tier weapons (magic damage, lower damage but vampiric, higher damage but elemental, etc)
  11. Tegila Augur

bigger fellowships. like maybe 18. i mean thats only 1/3 of a raid so its not like itd bypass guild things, and guilds have NO cap, plus halls and banks et cetc. 12 gets restrictive with alts if yo ualso have buddies with alts.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Duder and Elyssanda like this.
  12. Goranothos Augur

I've been playing a mage as my main since 2001. Back in the day (can't remember when it was changed, but it's been years now) a pet could not hold agro over *any* player character that was within melee range of the mob. A pet could be beating on a mob for five minutes, and if a player character stepped next to the mob and was anywhere on the mob's hate list, the mob would immediately ignore the pet and start hitting the player character. This sucked, along with many other aspects of pet ownership, such as having to summon a new pet every time you zoned or turned invisible. If any of these things were ever brought back to live, it would probably be enough to make me give up EQ permanently.

Not strange at all. All pet classes *hated* the old system, and it was changed to what it is now for good reasons. No group with a real tank of appropriate level/gear/skill is going to want a pet tank over a real tank. Yes, bot groups abuse many aspects of the game. Go after the bot groups with suspensions/bans. Don't nerf pets.

Heck, I wish the merc tank was better. Would love to use him in my little box group instead of pet tanking.....be a heck of a lot easier on me. But I understand why they don't want to make the merc tank too good.

I can guarantee you the devs do not feel that pets are designed to replace player tanks, and no group of people actually at their keyboards playing the game would ever have a pet tank over a real player
    tank of similar level/gear. I'll gladly turn /taunt off on my pet and designate a war/pal/sk as group tank if a real tank wants to join my group.

But, what if no real tanks want to join? Are the non tank melee members of the group just supposed to stand back and shoot arrows/throw daggers while the mage pet is the only thing that can be within melee range of the mob? This sucked back in the day, and it would suck now.

That's just like, your opinion, man. ;-) You surely understand that a significant percentage of live EQ these days is simply people boxing and seldom grouping. Having pets be viable group tanks helps facilitate people with that playstyle. That, or make the merc tank actually useful at high levels.
  13. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Additional ranks of Auroria Mastery for Enchanters.
    I'd like to see Enchanters be able to maintain 3 or 4 Aura's. Enchanters, like Bards, can enhance the other players in their group quite a bit, particularly with Aura's, but they are limited to having only two Aura's up at a time. Bards on the other hand can twist 4+ songs.

Not saying the two classes are equal, but Enchanters being able to run 3 or 4 Aura's would be a good improvement.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I realise mine is absolutely going to be an unpopular opinion, but I still feel pet classes have an unfair advantage over any group that has no pet class & must rely on a merc tank.

A Merc tank should be a better option than any pet yet it isn't and I happen to think that situation is completely bogus, I would rather not nerf pet classes, I'd rather the Merc tank was better, which it absolutely should be vs pets even while not as good as a player tank.

I completely understand Pet classes wanting to have their cake & eat it and how they would throw their toys out of their prams were that taken away from them, so your response was mostly the expected.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

We can twist many songs, but only 1 aura, and our songs are our spells, you get 2 auras plus being able to cast spells.
    Tegila and Skuz like this.
  16. Greymantle Augur

Hmm things i would like to see...

Allow campfires to be placed by min 2 players present.
    Possible to belong to more than one fellowship at a time.
    Some sort of succor clicky for classes that do not have that ability. Could be player made, usable every 30 min or so.
    More of the evolving gear missions, the ZEK earing was fun.

More quests, expand the merc/part tasks to include more to complete. Make them worth repeating as well.

If possible , more unique spells or abilities for classes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Nniki Augur

I know it's not what you had in mind, but there actually is an evacuate clicky available that is usable by all: Nightmare Rift dropped by Mujaki the Devourer, an event in Plane of Nightmare. It's temporary and only has one charge, but it's still kind of cool.
  18. atchoom Lorekeeper

tank merc just suck,........, about mage pet tanking , when i see my guildy ( real tank ) who was tanking 8 to 12 ( boxing ) mobs in great divide ( before COV expansion ) , and no way a pet could do that ,

pets were a compromise for those group not having a real tank avail, and it just suck that my friends can't join me in some missions now , and no they don't plan to change class to be a ranged class just because of the nerf.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The ability to hire a 2nd merc simultaneously. Lock it behind like level 65 or something as that's around the point where a non-heroic'ed non-PLed character starts to stop being carried by tank mercs. Subbed feature only as well.

Being able to run a tank+healer on a dps class or a dps+tank on a priest class opens up so much stuff you can do without having to drag extra characters around and makes the game much more accessible to those that don't want to box.
    Skuz and Barton like this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

So many replies that are general gameplay rather than related to the topic.

Merc armor for every non-level increase expansion.

A massive increase to ENC gather mana and crystals.

This is not expansion specific but tacking it onto an expansion works... An invisable man warrior for housing that you can put your old raid armor on and it would stand in the corner wearing it.
    minimind and Elyssanda like this.