Next expac, what if max level 120 and a free level 115 HC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KarmaKitty, Aug 5, 2021.

1. KarmaKitty Augur

Given
    What if they offered a Free Level 115 Heroic Character on EQ1 on the next expansion that bumps MAX level to 120. Restricted to All Access members or not. Would this be an issue or a welcome perk for new players ?

Or just upgrade new heroic characters in general to 115 or 110 ?
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ngreth said he may start work on a new Heroic Character for EQ1. I think there were rumblings that it would be a level 100-110 HC. It would last for another x years.

EQ2 is a different animal (different engine and game design) so the comparison is not apt.
  3. demi Augur

can play the " What If " game all you want .. but outcome does not look good for a new Heroic atm at least not for this expansion. and we all know this is going to be the last expansion before EQ goes into full on maintenance mode :p
    they might come out with a campaign once every other year that has maybe a new zone or 2 and a raid or 2 but think thats about all we can expect from them after this last expansion.
  4. Laronk Augur

If it’s not an expansion feature then if we get them it would probably be part of next year’s anniversary.

110 would be great, I don’t think you’re going to get a 115 heroic but it could happen.

For expansion feature *crosses fingers* wishing for an auction house.
  5. bobbin Elder

Why do you say that?
  6. demi Augur

iirc heroics came out when max lvl was 100 ? maybe 105 but i think it was 100 so it was a 15 lvl gap .. so my guess is if they do another lvl heroic it would be 105

105 would be a 15 lvl gap from max lvl and would IF more expansions are to come with lvl cap increases would give them more than enough to have the 105 heroic last another 6 or 8 years before peeps cry about new heroics ..

this is all considering a few things firstly, that there will be more expansions to come and secondly, that they will involve lvl cap increases..
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  7. Alnitak Augur

Well, lvl 105-110 "new" HC could group up with lvl 85 "old" HC, 115 would not. I am guessing "new" HC would be 105 lvl, so it would last up-to past lvl 135 expansion, quite a few years out.

And there is plenty of "new" expansions to develop with a smaller effort than a "brand new" expansion.
    For example:
    TDL (The Deluge Lands) - complement to TBL, whith a new conflict between water and earth creatures, so all 4 elements are in a full-out war across TBL-TDL.
    CoN (Corruption Of Nihil) - the "nihil-corrupted" GoD expansion (like Ethernere corruption of CoTF), with or without Omens' lore.
    RoA (Revenge of Akhevans) - I'd really like to see what Aten Ha Ra has in store to revenge those, who disturbed him in Vex Thal. And other nasty and mean Luclin alien mobs. And in general - SoL was such a beautiful expansion, it's a shame it was not reused later (well, except Shissars and Combine empire lore)
    WoT (Wrath of Triunity) - hey, that super-awesome god has to have the revenge it deserves. Alaran models are nice, they have to come back in lvl 125+ incarnations.

Any of above expansions can reuse alot of models, maps, lore. Just make up layouts, questline, a few newer renderings and items.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Right now, because of the 30 level limit, heroic characters can still group/get xp with max level toons. Up until now, there was never really any motivation to update the HC. Once the next expansion drops, and people go above 115 and can't group their new HC alts to level them, that may spark the devs to start working on an update.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  9. demi Augur

well if we don't see a new heroic in the works by the time next expansion comes out or by Anniv in march then I would assume the devs don't care about new heroics or us not being able to group the old heroic toons with our newly 120 toons .

they will just say lvl your 85 heroic to 90 the old fashion'd way .. just sayin ..

also this is how rumor mills start , but if we don't see a new heroic toon by anniv that could also mean dev's don't want to waste time on something they know wont be needed as there wont be anymore expansions or at least none with lvl cap increases..
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

They have stated before that new HC would shortchange an expansion by at least 1 full zone. That means 6-10 less quests, 15 or so less named. 1 less mission and raid.

More content > saving you an hour to PL out of group from 85-90
    demi likes this.
  11. demi Augur

aye , also it wouldn't take much to PL a toon from 85 to 90 with Overseer and just keep a PL toon at 115 so you can always PL the lvl 85 heroics ..

I would rather have more content than a new heroic ..
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

well I think I bought a higher $ version of a Exp one year since it had bags and a Free toon in it. In stead of a new higher HC I would love that they put in a Market item that allows a toon to turn in an item that just raises the level to the new level they want to set it to. So any lvl 1 or what can now be that new level it should be higher then 85 HC 110 does sound right just raises the level only no extra quests for a higher level HC not need for a new set of HC augs for this new level. You get a level that's it if your a level 1 toon you still are naked - lol
  13. Tucoh Augur

New heroics would help the leveling desert between 85 and near level cap.

Better system would be squires that let you boost your level to the highest in the group and survive even if you're not equal.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Cadira Augur

Inb4 they remove the 30 lvl limit and hard code all toons lvl 85 and above to gain XP in same group as any character higher than them to save themselves a $h*tload of work.
  15. demi Augur

lol I think that would take more coding than just upping the heroic to 105.. and we all know how well DP codes .. wakka wakka wakka
    Cadira likes this.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s seemingly incomprehensible to raise the level cap and neuter Heroic Characters.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What can I get for the tongue of a blathering fool?

You're either trying to provoke a reaction or just maybe you had your head under a rock instead of reading recent investor presentations from EG7....

They are investing more resources into EQ, plan to give the game an upgrade to graphics at some near-future point and have hired more coders & devs increasing the size of the team in 2021 by 3 above what we had in 2020, 6 overall hires in January added plus an additional fixed-term contracted 7th as system programmer to do some performance-boosting.

If that's the game being put into maintenance mode you don't know what you are talking about.

On-Topic, a Level 100 or 105 or 110 Heroic Character upgrade is expected to come along with the next expansion so that players can stay within XP range of the max level but I very much doubt they would make it 115, that would be way too close to the 120 max I think.
    Stymie and KarmaKitty like this.
  18. demi Augur

lol i dont know about blathering fools , but I live in the real world and have heard this all before .. company buys EQ .. company promises good change .. falls way short on delivery .. expansions are getting smaller not bigger..

how many EQ next's were promised and money funneled from EQ to these other ventures ? 2 or 3 times and they all failed .. and EQ gets left in the dust .. so excuse me for not drinking the cool aid once again ..

if you want to hear a blathering fool maybe take a hard listen to yourself ..

My company just bought a bridge i can sell you too .. they put money into it and fixed'r up all nice
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Current HCs are 85 with *slightly* better than T1 HoT gear. An updated HC should be 105 with *slightly* better than EoK T1 gear.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. demi Augur

iirc the gear for a starting heroic is slightly worse than T1 Hot gear .. i remember upgrading my heroic gear with actual HoT gear cause the hps and AC were slightly better.. also iirc the heroic gear didnt come with any focus clicky's on the gear itself ? like soothing breath , might of giants ect .. I might be wrong about that .. its been soo long