Next EQ expansion be more EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Iven the Lunatic

You have replied to me but you do refer to uberkingkong's expectations so you mixed things up.
    Don't you want to reveal your own expectations instead of only rating those from other players ?

Regarding ship mounts, there are already boat mounts in the revamped OOT and a few other zones. Not many people do know about them. In the first few years they were only decoration I think. Not sure when that got changed, maybe with PoR.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

They already experimented pretty much but it is risky because many players got annoyed by it. Removing original zones like Freeport was such a crazy experiment and it failed. Old players are still grumpy about it AND that it never got fixed. Changing 23 years old skills like pickpocket and original epic quests like the rogue epic 1.0 to the worse (partially) was also pretty bad. Players do not like changes to stuff that they are used to since many years when there never was a problem with them. Removing naked corpse runs was a successfull experiment and the Advanced Loot Window also. As long as experiments do not touch old content to much they are pretty unproblematic. In the worst case the expansion will be a flop.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Hopes for next expansion

Somewhere new to die! No revamped zones!!!
    New gear looks, I'm sick of the same armour just having a different shade (robes have a conversion click to be a tunic)
    New events through out the year tied to the expansions (an ongoing story)
    New race/class combos
    Change to non tradeskill visable gear - gear drops as whole pieces that don't need a combine to be usable. Wearable as soon as you get it, just like none visable gear! As it used to be.
    All vaulted items returned to the market place over the course of the year
    New guide quests with new rewards.
    Merchandise available worldwide - T-shirts, hats, pens, etc

I'm still dreaming of a throwing item which is books, sometimes I really want to throw the book at someone. :)

IF we are going back to old features which didn't get implemented, my preference would be visable cloaks :)

For the anniversary I'd like to see something compareable to the 13th Anniversary, lots of diversity, fun quests with good rewards, not just food, drink and familiars.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Okay, so they are not your suggestions but as I said in my last reply my expectations for the next expansion are irrelevant to a response stating that I don't like some suggestions.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

So far there have been only expectations and not suggestions. Do you have any at all or would you prefer it if everything does stay the same ?
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

None of what I quoted was an expectation and was instead a suggestion. You can't have an expectation of things that don't happen for normal expansions.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Alright, it is being determined that you don't have any expectations and suggestions because you evaded my questions three times. An expectation is always possible, independently of the kind of expansion (normal vs 30th) and everything that you quoted were expectations who can also be suggestions but they were not marked as suggestions. You quoted uberkingkong and the cleared stated that his post is an expectation. Here is the quote:
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, what do my expectations have to do with a response to someone's suggestions for the next expansion? A post stating what you want in an expansion isn't expectations rather it is suggestions for what you want to see.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Why do you construct a link between someone's expectation (not a suggestion) and your non existent expectation ? Nobody has claimed that.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because what was said are suggestions, there has never been anything to suggest that things like "innovative" weather would be a feature in any expansion.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

Suggestion lies in the eye of the beholder. Or not.