newbiest newb noob

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Adelaide, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Emmylou New Member

Hey Addy :) I really enjoyed your post. As a grandmotherly-type person, though, I'd like to remind you not to ever use your real name or birthday or birth year on forum boards and other public arenas. Don't even use your cat's real name! People scouring your posts twenty years from now can use that data for things like stealing your identity.

I thought you might enjoy this post about an entire raid guild of deaf players. WoW raids sort of depend on voice chat, so this was really impressive to me. https://www.pcgamer.com/how-a-guild-of-deaf-players-conquered-world-of-warcrafts-toughest-raids/ Everquest raids are a lot more chatbox-friendly, I think. I hope you have a really good time.
    Adelaide likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Welcome to EverQuest, Addy.

A little fan fiction just for you....

Her heart raced as she stood before her Guildmaster. Her one desire was to learn more about speaking with the dead. The darkness has called to her since she could remember. Voices echoed in her mind with peculiar familiarity. Though she could not frame to recall the memory, she knew that, somehow, these voices were guiding her...pulling her to a fate she could not deny.

"Such an unworthy creature to serve Innoruuk's will. The eyes, still filled with wonder. The cheeks, rosy from happiness. Obviously, someone has made a mistake sending you to me." Master Xydoz hissed.

Adelaide shook intensely from the apparent scolding, having not yet said a word. She felt shame for wanting to cast her eyes downward, forcing herself to look the Necromancer in the eyes. Master Xydoz looked both forbidding and purposeful, two traits not commonly seen on her family's farm at the edge of Kithicor Forest. She felt the cold grip of failure around her chest as Xydoz glared at her in disgust.

A fire began to burn in her heart as her spirit rose in defiance, "Ο και άλλοι μάγοι πρότειναν την ανάγκη για κάποια προσπάθεια ταύτισης μεταξύ των ζωντανών και των νεκρών!"

Master Xydoz turned his gaze to the distant horizon and gently closed his eyes. A smirk crept across his face as the sharply familiar tones of Dark Speech drummed at the air and bent the light away.

"Innoruuk's will, indeed", Master Xydoz declared.

Adelaide likes this.
  3. Adelaide New Member

thank you very much for the fan fiction! =D

i was visiting my uncle for a while but im back now and i missed EQ a lot :eek: i think i logged out on an island where i was fishing and spilling beers. just wanted to thank everyone again for welcoming me!

i really do need to sort through my screenshots and make my adventures in norrath thread. do you think i should blank out peoples text in the chat boxes though? i don't want to accidently post stuff that was not meant to be posted.

for emmalou thank you for the advice! i probably filled out my forums stuff much like i do my paperwork for doctors without thinking about it... kind of scary! i did read the article about the deaf WoW players!
    i came from Warcraft where i played a priest and jokingly called myself a band aid. i do kind of feel really at home with a class like that though kind of like healing people is in my nature. i want to be a caregiver when i grow up but im not sure how that will go :x

i remember seeing my great grandma when i was 8 just before she died. she was happy to see me but she had a look in her eyes that was so confusing. like she wanted help and she didn't know how to ask for it.

i do find EQ much easier to play compared to Warcraft mostly because everything important is in text. i also find it to be slower paced or maybe the players are smarter. in wow the dungeons are so fast and people run ahead to the next fight with no consideration if i needed mana and they wouldn't give me a chance to heal them and nobody called me by name just "healz"

when i was at my uncles i did read a lot about the cleric class in EQ and even the paladin. i think my necromancer is level 24 but i got to 25 and died in the fight so im level 24 again. i don't know if i should try one of these classes for 10 or so levels and see what happens. i also am not sure which one.

i would probably be a drakkin (sic?) and maybe even do mines of glooming deep again.

TY for all the help everyone =D

<3Addy of Luclin<3
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Paladins are a great class for a caregiving personality that also wants to be involved in the fight. You could also consider Shaman or Druid, as they can heal but also carry a huge amount of utility into any situation.

Whatever you choose, remember to have fun. :)