newbie questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nicar, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Nicar New Member

EverQuest community,

Is boxing software currently against the ULA? If it's not what is currently the best option for EQ? I'm looking for software to help box a group of characters using one computer.

I've used [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] before to help control characters. Since it's not character automation most MMOs allow it.

Thanks for any help,
    Regards
  2. Treiln Augur

From my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as the software doesn't allow your character to play unattended, you're okay.

So if pushing 1 button on your main character causes your 5 others to act as well, then you're good. Pushing 1 button on your main character causes the other 5 to run around killing things for hours while you run to Wal-Mart...yeah that's a no ;)

I run two monitors, multiple instances of EQ, keep my tank alone on one monitor, healer and dps on the other and alt tab between them as needed. So no 3rd party software/program for this fella
    moogs likes this.
  3. Nicar New Member

That is what I thought just wanted to be sure. I have no intention of running a software to play the game for me. I just want to be able to play multiple accounts at the same time if I can't find a group. The best option would be to play one account in a group with other people. Failing that I can run multiple accounts. Do you know if there are some classes like a necro or mage that can solo without having to box multiple accounts?
  4. Aurastrider Augur

The unmentioned software is useable on every server except the ones that are "True Box". If you have no plans to play on the TLP servers you are fine. I use the unmentioned software and have never had an issue but then again nothing happens unless I am there pressing buttons.

Necro and mage are still both very good solo classes. Mage probably better at lower levels and necro better than mage at higher levels just from my experience. Rangers are also good if you can find mobs to HS, SK for swarming and really any class if you play them right and find the content that makes them shine can solo to an extent.
  5. Treiln Augur

Pet classes: Beastlord, Mage, Necro all solo/molo very well.
    Shamans/Druids: heard they got a nice boost to their DoTs which can make root rotting viable for them again.

Ranger, Rouge, Zerker, SK got all their respective "swarming" abilities nerfed. But out of that group, I'd say ranger may be easiest. Snare, Root, heals, jolt line, knock back and memblur plus if you stick to mobs in Headshot range, you can still get it to probably proc every other mob or so.

Plus rangers are fun :)
  6. Anhari Augur

AFAIK the unmentioned software is ok as long as pushing 1 button causes all of your boxes to do something. According to posts and/or FAQ's for DBG this is considered automation and CAN get your account banned. I stopped using the software because of this since I do NOT want a suspension/ban on my account(s)!.

Please be careful my friend!
  7. Inady Lorekeeper

Can any one tell me what the unmentioned software is please I at present four box without any other form of help other than macros
  8. Scorrpio Augur

Not sure if naming it is against the rules of the forum, but if you google everquest multiboxing, it pretty much comes up on top.