Newb Questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Antonius2021, May 1, 2021.

1. Antonius2021 New Member

The wife and I played EQ on the Prexus server back in the day with a Druid / Bard duo. We quit around level 55 when it took forever to regen mana, even with enchanter buff (Kai or something like that).

We may be interested in starting again on this new server on May 26th but have some questions as EQ had gotten real boring before with the excessive downtime to regen mana. Has that issue been fixed by chance? Is there food / water to regen health and mana?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is very little down time on mana regen. It was not an "issue" that needed to be fixed :) It was how it was.

There is super food and water that is player made and can be sold and purchased in the baz but only the lower levels of it -if any - will be available on the new server since it does not have the higher expansions. Same for armor that increases your mana pool.

One way to find out if you like it is to make a new free account and run thru the tutorial in Gloomingdeep to see the changes and how things work.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yes! :D
    The expansion "The Serpent Spine" introduced a mechanic called out-of-combat-regen. When you have been out of combat(means no aggro and no debuffs) for 20-30 seconds(can't remember the exact number of seconds), you receive greatly improved regen of hp, mana and endurance.

In short: Downtime between fights is no longer an issue on live servers, not sure if TLP servers have it before TSS unlocks though?
  4. Antonius2021 New Member

Oh, it was an issue. We kited mobs, usually burning almost 100% mana. Then we would sit, watch CSI on TV for 5+ mins before we were able to go kill another mob. How long does it take real time to go from zero to full mana at level 55-60? I guess my question should be what is the real time rate to go from zero to full mana and low to full health on a higher level character?
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

OOC regen starts after 30 seconds in groups and 5 minutes in raids. Total time from 0 to full with OOC regen is about 3 minutes, but I haven't actually timed it.

The big difference now is mercs. You can use a WAR and ROG merc (CLR if you dont want to heal with DRU) and play like a normal group. Not having to kite will be much more mana efficient for you.

The game is also FTP now, and a free boxed ENC casts C and slow just as well as a paid one. Make sure the server you want to play on allows boxing. Boxing doesn't have to be hard. Just casting slow and letting the merc go to town is 0 effort.

Also with a DRU in group you can set a Campfire, port back to PoK, get C and campfire back. In such a case you can box something else if you want.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

On live servers it takes about 2-3 mins to go from 0% to full mana.

Yep, I remember the "issue" back then and I felt the same way. It was ooc-regen that convinced me to pick up EQ again.:)
    At level 115 in raidgear I rarely have downtime at all, as worn mana-regen has increased too, with buffs it is about 900mana/tick, without ooc. In addition most classes gets various abilities to gain mana back.

But my experience is from live servers, and I don't know how that new server is in that aspect.