Newb question about the update

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shagzilla, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Shagzilla New Member

I don't have a ton of knowledge on servers and stuff, but why are progression servers like Agnarr down for the RoS update when they will never have this content?
  2. klanderso Developer

Just because a server is progression locked doesn't mean that they won't benefit from various fixes during an expansion launch. Things like crash and UI fixes will still benefit these servers.
  3. Shagzilla New Member

Ok thanks. I was just curious.
    klanderso likes this.
  4. Brumans Augur

It's also important to realize that all servers run the same code. There's just flags that enable/disable some things.

In addition to what klanderso said, lots of patches often have other changes, like AA, skills, and spell changes that often effect TLP. This patch is no different.
  5. Montag Augur

My understanding is that all EQ servers run the same version of the server software at all times and that on special servers, like TLPs' content is managed via flags that do such thing as disable expansions, determine whether certain NPCs spawn, and whether certain items drop.
    Prathun likes this.