Newb Armor Quests

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Apemantus, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Apemantus New Member

So, I've been working of the DE SK newb armor quests for the past few weeks as my play time allows, and I'm stuck on the arms and the shield. Can something be done about the quest item droprate? With COVID-19 there is a unique opportunity for online games like EQ to bring back old players and get new ones but the newbie experience needs to be vastly improved.

I'd suggest increasing newb quest (at least level 20 and below) item drop rates by 3x, and other quests by 2x. I'd also have the loot tables of adjoining zones from starting cities carry the newb quest items. And for the love of god do not put a rare drop on a rare spawn, especially if you need like 4 of them!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many items have been very frustrating since day 1 of the game. Some are very rare drops. I see from the femurs you need it was very rare even back in 2003. But the mob has a 6 minute spawn for those.

While some of these old quests may be fun, I found my character usually out leveled the item before it had any use. But don't despair there are other low level armor quests for nice weapons and armor....is a really nice one in Cresent Reach at level 10 ish? Staff of the dark apprentice.

Or are you on TLP?
  3. Apemantus New Member

Came back and opted for TLP. Being away for oh... well, since Gates of Discord or Omens of War, which ever came last...