NEW Yelinak PST Guild

Discussion in 'TLP Guild Recruitment' started by BoblohBlah123, Apr 12, 2022.

1. BoblohBlah123 New Member

Yelinak PST Guild - Stop Yelinak Me!

Thank you for your interest in joining us! We are a core group of players who have been playing Everquest for just about forever. We are hard-core casuals. We take playing seriously but at the same time are at stages in our life where we cannot or will not wake up at 3am for a bat phone yet be happy spending 8 hours camping a rare spawn for a rare drop for a quest that nets a 10hp increase which will be obsolete next expansion.

We have jobs and responsibilities outside EQ and a late night PST raid schedule is our best fit. We complete all content in-era yet have no interest in being the first to do so. We play for ourselves. We have done bat phones, we have done casual, and we feel the best compromise is a 3 day raid schedule.

We will be almost exclusively an instance-raid guild with the rare occasions being an OW mob popping at our feet. We know there are some epic mobs that are highly contested and OW only. We will do our best but also be realistic about our chances.

We plan to raid 2 weekdays and one weekend evening. Specific days and times are Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30 PST and Sunday at 7:30 PST.

We will be using DKP from day 1. However, to be able to spend DKP you must have shown a desire to improve your character on your own. Don’t show up to a raid with cloth gear. If something can be 1 grouped, quested, crafted, or purchased, you should be striving to upgrade on your own.

DKP rules will be established at a later time in a way fair for everyone. Your input is always wanted and taken into consideration as we establish guild policy.

Recruitment is open to all classes with any experience. If you are new to the game or raiding, we will do our best to help you succeed and be part of our team. We were all newbies once.

We play the game for fun and we feel it is important that you recognize that so does everybody else. We do not condone training or any actions that fall under the “well, you’re not me so I don’t care about you” category.

Please visit our discord and if you have any questions, you can contact any officer on the discord. Thank you and hope to see you on Yelinak!

https://discord.gg/daxTVfPv5t
    Phaiden and The_Grim_Ogre like this.
  2. The Brit Canuck Journeyman

Boblah the TLP legend!
  3. jeskola pheerie

Oh snap, Boblah is still around?

Edit: NM, not Sleeper/Combine Boblah
  4. The Brit Canuck Journeyman

our Boblah is a legend, tradeskill wonder halfling!
  5. BoblohBlah123 New Member

6. Hirbow Augur

lol @guild name, its awesome :D
  7. The Brit Canuck Journeyman

Morning, we got a growing group, raid leads in place, just counting down the days till launch.

Still time to join , hit the discord link above and come chat with us!
  8. Hirbow Augur

Specific days and times to be determined yet MW at 8:30 PST and either Saturday or Sunday is a likely scenario.
    Are these set in stone? or still in the works?
  9. TheDohn Augur

Who, from what previous raid guilds, please?
  10. Basak Augur

I never realized that sort of thing mattered.
  11. BoblohBlah123 New Member

Actually, raids have been set for TR, and Saturday.
  12. BoblohBlah123 New Member

The raid leaders are from established guilds on previous TLP's with lots of experience. If interested, come join our Discord and see for yourself!
  13. HekkHekkHekk Augur

W
    What guilds?
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  14. Mirix Journeyman

Why would it not matter? When applying for a job, you want to know what benefits it has and what you will gain out of it. When hiring someone, don't you ask for references ?
    Investing your energy, dedication, money and time on this server for the next 6-months or even future years is quite a commitment. Maybe that sort of thing doesn't matter to you because you're probably the typical TLP player that jumps ship every 11 months.
  15. Basak Augur

It's a game. You can drop guild whenever you want with little to no consequences. You can run around guildless all you want. As for the job analogy, sure you can quit and run around jobless for a while, but you won't get much done and it'll be harder to pick up another job later. When I want to know about a job I am applying to, I want to know about what it has to offer, not who else works there that may have worked elsewhere I may have worked at or have seen at other places do things well.

Doesn't matter how long I play on a TLP, but for the record it's been about mid-Kunark to late-Velious when I stop. But I do understand where you are coming from with that statement. However, it still doesn't matter where people come from, because it's just a game.
  16. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Minus DKP!
  17. Ratdawg88 New Member

How long do your raids plan on going? Everything I see here interests me , only problem being the late start PST ( im EST ) and while I CAN make the raids, im just wondering how long I would be staying up on raid nights, and then have to make a decision on if its worth it
  18. rangerous Elder

11:30 EST raid starts + weekend raid night is an oof combo. Love the youtube vids tho
  19. The Brit Canuck Journeyman

The idea of the guild is that we go in, get it done and get out with the minimum of fuss or wasted time.. Dependent on the schedule i would guess 2-3 hours, first few weeks are typically longer, due to lack of gear, familiarity of the raid group and having to explain the encounters.. a 'classic' raid night is usually a plane, a dragon and a phinny/yael split.
    Raid attendance is 40%, so if you have to leave early its not a problem you might miss 1 tick or 2, as most of the loot on this server will be no drop they will be bid out as we go..
    We will also be starting earlier on the weekend night.
    Optional non-dkp offnight raids will also be a thing.

I hear you, it doesnt work for everyone. There is typically a whole bunch of EST guilds that raid at their prime time.. I wanted a guild that raids in PST hours after the kids have gone to bed .. As usually we see posts for PST guilds that claim to be late night but start at 6.30 or 7 ...
    Weekend is also the first raid night that will get dropped as soon as we can go to 2 official nights a week.

Thanks for the comment re the Youtube.

We have a really good amount of people already signed up, anyone interested is welcome! We have guild class signup as well as static leveling groups already being set up.

https://discord.gg/daxTVfPv5t
  20. The Brit Canuck Journeyman

30 days to go and we have a good core number of members, but theres still plenty of time to join! no classes are going to be locked out, we will adjust recruitment after launch. We have a super active discord were everyone is discussing EQ and making plans , so hop in on the link above!