New Xp theme for HA's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vdidar, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Edrick Augur

I haven't tried it myself, but I think if you let They're Everywhere! go on too long you might have a pretty hard time.
  2. beryon Augur

I've had some the group gave up on after multiple wipes. One's The Descending Tower, when you get the step that requires you to open crates that pop multiple adds. If you wipe, the mobs are aggro-linked & have a huge aggro radius. It's extremely difficult to recover. The other is the series of HA from Lark in Neriak, with the color changing guardian. The second one, The Sealed Gate, spawns waves of mobs which were an additional source of multiple wipes.

Note that Marbles didn't say he couldn't get back in, but that he wasn't sure he could finish. I can definitely confirm that there are some that just aren't going to work with a random pickup group, especially if that group is doing the HA because they're behind on gear. In the cases above, it was annoying enough to lose out on the marks, but at least we got xp from kills. It's going to be incredibly more frustrating now if you don't even have that, which makes people less likely to try more difficult HAs.
    Ishtass likes this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The Guardian one sucks. Wiped several times to that damn thing before giving up. My 105 ranger and my 100 warrior ain't good enough for that one yet.
  4. Stephen51 Augur

Ok so I'm boxing my Girlfriends Druid through some of the new expansion, as shes not very well at the moment. I decide to do the HA in Tempest Temple, thinking that although they moved the xp to the end it should be better in the new expansion than in CoTF.
    I get the first 2 stages done, I'm a 104 Pally, with a wiz merc, Druid is lvl 103 with a cleric merc. The last stage is kill 5 treants at the port in from Katta, or the protectors, but the treants are see invis, so its difficult to break into the centre.

So I pull a treant, cleric is on reactive, but blam Pally is dead in about 5 secs. I don't know what happened. So I spend 10 mins buffing up getting back. I figure I got an elemental add from down the path, plus I was using a 2 hander, as I had for the other mobs in the zone, when they came single, I had no problem tanking with the 2 hander. 2nd attempt, sword and board this time, again dead in seconds. Another 10 mins another try, with 2 cleric mercs, and bang once again dead. By now my net xp gain on the Pally is down to 1% for the HA, I had to quit, as I had ran out of time. Had the mobs been of the same strength as the previous ones I'd have been done long ago, so I had to for go the win xp.

After raiding, and losing the 1% I'd gained earlier, I tried again, and luckily didn't get the treant stage.
    I finished the HA and got.....1% xp completion win? Is this some kind of joke?

SOE have got together and asked the question how can we make the expansion last a year with limited resources, and the answer is, remove all customer satisfying features.

1. HA xp is now poor, lock out prevents you doing more than 1 in the new expansion unless you are flagged for tier 2, but then there are;
    2.Progression road blocks. If you cant do bigger fish, you aren't going far in this expansion.
    3. Marginalising Lesson of the Day by reducing xp from mobs in HAs. So why not go kill in static zones?
    4. Reduction of xp in zones prior to CoTF. Some of the static COTF zones don't have any/many mobs in them, like Bixie Warfront and Dead Hills.
    5. Missions in TDS do not give gear and a spell as reward, the latter to try and stop people gaining rk2s too quickly. We are about a month in to TDS now, and I haven't seen 1.

I appreciate SOE have had to make some elements of the game more difficult but they seem to have made them all tough at the same time. I'm not enjoying this expansion at all and because of the changes, I cant enjoy the last 2 either.

A final word about HAs,
    1. Put the kill xp reward back the way it was.
    2. Stop the COTF HAs scaling above 100, and the TDS ones scaling above 105.
    3. Add the tasktimer as you get the HA or as you are invited to it, or lock the HA so that no other players can be added once you start.
    Ishtass likes this.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Bigger fish is not required for progression. (The mission does suck and is out of whack for the tier it's in but you can get to tier 2 without it). Make sure you look at the progression window itself in achievement window - only those missions are needed.

Granted, to request some of those you may have to do some of the non required tasks, or see if you can get someone to just request the mission for you.
  6. Darkark Augur

You're ranting because you couldn't 2-box a HA? o_O That second 'M' in MMO ...
    Brogett likes this.
  7. beryon Augur

While I agree that Bigger Fish is overtuned, you don't actually need it for progression.
  8. Stephen51 Augur

Bigger Fish isn't needed for progression!!! Awww Man!!!
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Try druid attack debuffing before engage and hit reprove before the mob gets to you.

If your dying as a paladin... you have 3 to 4 spell LOH 2 aa LOH and numerous heal spells... use them.
  10. Stumphobbler Elder

Seems like "Everquest ®Free-to-Play. Your way™ is actually YOUR way and not our way.

I don't play HA's but enough is enough. But I know you won't be satisfied until every player has left EQ for EQN.

Sorry but if im going to play a warcraft/disney mashup I will just create a WoW account.

I can't give a damn about "voxels" Seems to me SOE can't even decide where this game is going
    (besides in the shitter) how is SOE going to decide where EQN is going to go when you can destroy everything so that the game continues to change when players do anything when you can't decide NOW where this game is going. Otherwise there would be no "Sense Heading" in the forums. because none of you know where to take this game ( BTW it's headed for the shitter incase I didn't point that out before now)

Keep nerfing, there are a few players left paying money. I'm sure by february you can shut this game right down.
    Mediik and Ishtass like this.
  11. Ishtass Augur

It's good that we have Battleaxe and Crystilla here defending the devs who have fallen awkwardly silent lately. I really hope for the sake of your future careers that these edicts came from upper management who is very out of touch with the playerbase. Those that don't mind the nerfs are the ones unaffected, obviously. But it's pretty clear you've offended many people with your changes. I hope that 1 abused HA was worth all these changes to existing content that had been working fine since inception. I know that pride will force dev to continue to shine a positive spin on this sad joke. I continue to pray that a better idea comes forward to undo this mistake, but all the feedback in the world has nowhere to be heard.
    Nedrom, Iila and Mediik like this.
  12. Brogett Augur

I think most people could agree with a middle ground. The HAs were out of whack, and still are in some ways, but the fix wasn't IMO the appropriate one. Instead of either capping the older HAs by level or increasing HP in a similar manner to TDS, they left the mobs as fast killing mobs (which is no good for necros, one of the situations they tried to fix in TDS). This only really left XP nerf as the solution to stop people farming these only :/

There are still things that need changing in XP IMO, but moving more of it to hails isn't one of them!
  13. Crystilla Augur

Ishtass, usually you're on point but where on Brell's earth have I defended the Devs on these changes? My most recent post stated Bigger Fish is out of whack for its tier (but also stated it's not needed for progression). On my prior posts, I have given huge lists of reasons why the HA work is hurting the people who need it most.

However it was more than one HA that was abused (it was 2 specific quest NPC's). Doesn't really matter too much in the larger scheme of the issues these horrid HA changes are causing, but did want to make that slight correction for accuracy.
  14. Ishtass Augur

Apologies Crystilla, this is the post I mistook as defending them.

Had a lot of catching up to do on this thread and had it in my head that you were one of the supporters by the end.
  15. Crystilla Augur

Gotcha. Someone who flies through these in 15-20 minutes had suggested raising the bar so it takes THEM 45 minutes to do. And my response was if you do that, the people who actually need these (the more casual, take longer folks) it will be out of reach for them.
  16. Cloudia Augur

I am just boggled by people blowing thru them in 15 minutes, did they ever stop to breath/chew?

Now if they were blasting thru some of the really challenging missions in that sort of time I'd love to see vid captures, those could be just awesome.

I take my time with a less than perfect box team, swapping out mercs for real players if somebody wants to go along.

My average time on clearing the path or into the hills runs about an hour more or less. If I didn't stop to chat, grab a cup of coffee or tab out to check web pages it would be far less I am sure but why rush?

For me they are just for the long casual times when I am working up xp buffers for doing silly/stupid stunts that are gonna get me kilt!

I used to like doing the Capt's task 1 for this as an alternative, but now with the xp being loaded on end grinding thru umpity mobs for no reward just makes that one depressing. I am still going to have to repeat it several times for collects, but for the number of mobs killed the end reward just feels flat. Can't avoid the offside mobs as those are where the collects "might" drop.