New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

If a group player gets decked out in all these there will be no reason for them to do the next teir of cotf unless it's better stats and that would really skew the whole mudflation.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

If these items are generated when the mob spawns then the market will be flooded with them in no time. Although, if SOE still has the anti-cheating team, that team can have a field day, or month.
  3. Qulas Augur

Love these items, I hope they continue to go down this route.
  4. Kiillz Augur

is there a "new" list of said items somewhere?
    just curious
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

From what we know - none of the visables are dropping - and likely won't because of the work involved to "convert" them to "group drops" x all the classes.

As for the raiders? Their game has not actually changed - at all.
    Not even one little bit.
    -Rat
  6. tarquinn21 Elder

The mob mentality here is that every grouper is going to suddenly have every one of these items, and it is light-years away from the truth.

I've done 20-25 HAs since yesterday and I personally haven't seen one. I also have not seen one linked in general chat on E-Marr server yet today and I've been online for about 6 hours. I also see SEVERAL groups chaining HAs @ Deadhills and have been all day long, and I know at least several of my guildies are doing Bixie and Neriak. There are hundreds of people farming in COTF right now on this server alone and again, I haven't seen anyone get one. That isn't to say someone hasn't gotten one, I'm just saying that it would be very likely that if someone did, it would have been linked and discussed and I would have noticed it.

The rarity of these items is there. These are not something that you can reasonably "farm." Will some power-gamers grind it out? Yes. Will every grouper? Not a snowballs chance in hell. There are so many casual grouper type players that either only play weekends, or only for a few hours a night after work, or just play a bit here and there with their few friends/wife/kids/whatever. These people might do a couple HAs worth a week. These people are likely NEVER to see one of these items and if they DO it's going to be like "SWEET!"

It is going to be a long and expensive road if someone thinks they are going to fill every slot with these items before they become "meh, t4 rof".

1-2 of these items on a typical group player is so irrelevant. Even if the extremely small handful of people that might go 'hardcore' to fill their slots up end up accomplishing that, I mean, what is this going to unbalance?
    Tarvas likes this.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Of course that's not a mistake now.... it's "Heroic" even. :D
    -R
  8. Makavien Augur

Tbh I only came here to make sure them being tier 4 quality was correct but basically after being told my last 12 years of playstyle was not an accomplishment at all and spending many hours of my time setting up and defeating raid encounters should not yield a higher reward. And should not matter in any conversation about the risk vrs reward set up built into eq atm. I never really cared the items existed I was farming my hunter achievements at the time.

I just found it odd that tier 4 is still worn by a lot of the raiders right now and exact copies are available in random group encounters now.
    Some of the weapons are even better, tier 4 weapons did not have heroics unless you did every single mission in rof which I did at least 20 times .
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It is going to unbalance absolutely nothing. Some people just like to type the sky is falling every time the devs make a decision they don't agree with. Raiders will still raid. Groupers will still group. Those that do both will still do both. Grinders will still grind. Nothing has or will change over this.
    Sinestra, RPoo and Ratbo Peep like this.
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

Who told you that?
    Be specific.

This reminds me exactly of the arguments against Heroic Characters:
    "Those of us that did it the hard way wasted all that time".

-Rat
    Sinestra likes this.
  11. Silv Augur

Just a little happy info for all the tanks out there- one of the new items is a 275 AC shield for War/Pal/SK. Grouper shield AC has been so far behind raiders forever. No, it won't solve all the problems for group tanks but at least people won't need to go back 3 expansions to farm a groupable raid event. The item is "The Blue Tower".
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Falos Augur

Yeah this is a very good thing, shield AC for groupers has been WAYYYYY behind what it truthfully should be. However if a dev had come to me hypothetically and asked how much AC a group shield should have I probably would not have said the same ac as raid gear from one tier ago :p

I mainly feel that group dropped shields should be on par with end game raid shields from alaris, then when tier 2 comes out they could be on par with tier 1 rof raid shields, etc. Currently group shields have the same AC as tower of discord raid loot which is absolutely insane considering group content mobs hit harder than tower of discord raid bosses ;p
  13. Makavien Augur

I am for heroic characters and people getting rewarded for their effort and a nice surprise is not a bad thing. And it doesn't matter now it was not specifically towards me but I am a "raider". And a general die hard everquest player. I will defend "raiders" . But on the same hand I don't want players also that don't even know the hardships of raiding to try and put what we do down so much so that they want all raid gear to be only good for raiding or the same reward that a casual player is receiving.

But after the fact I do not support any kind of nerfing . So if the intent was tier 1 - 2 rof raid gear there is more bad then good from changing them specific items after the fact. But they should look at an even smaller drop rate since they compare to some pieces that are just getting upgraded from since the release of tier 1B. Shields /necks/rings /earrings/cloaks
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

Nice post....
    Explains your position much better. :)
    -R
  15. Tarrin Augur

These started Weds eh?

Averaging 4 hours of HAs a day since then. Averaging 1 "super rare drop" a day.

I guess I need to go buy a lottery ticket.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have a feeling a bunch of real grinders will be emailing you soon to find out your "trick."
    Andarriel likes this.
  17. Falos Augur

His trick is that he's a wood elf druid and not a halfling!
    Tarrin likes this.
  18. Drathus Augur

Sorry, only have a few minutes and don't have time to read the entire thread. Do these only have a chance to drop in HAs, or regular static CotF zones also? I've been farming some DE armor drops in Neriak, but haven't seen any rare stuff - about 20 hours of fast killing total since patch.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

Both.
    I've done about 6 hours of HAs and seen nothing.
    Nor did anyone I grouped with - yet.
    -Rat
  20. Axxius Augur

I had a few hours to kill last night. Here's the result:
    • 756 trash mobs in HA's killed
    • 3 drops of RoF T4 raid quality (2 rings and a caster weapon)
    So far it looks like EACH of those 'very very rare' drops has the 1/5000 drop rate. But there about 20 of them, so the chance of getting something is 1/250. Maybe I just got extremely lucky. But if the chance of getting ANY of these drops was really 1/5000, then the probability of scoring 3 of them in 756 kills would be about 5%.
    Kelefane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.