New Warrior

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Tarlaok, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Tarlaok New Member

Fellow EQ addicts, I'm interested in playing a tank. The game has gotten very complicated since I originally played. Disciplines and AA have gotten so out of hand it's hard to figure where to start.

I remember back in the day you could just beat down most of the mobs with just heals. Now it seems that heals alone are not enough even for trash mobs.

Has anyone done any youtube videos or good guides to help someone get into tanking? I would just like to be able to molo so or do groups. I'm not talking high end raid stuff. That seems unreachable to me even though that would be awesome to do.

I've played EQ for years as a monk, cleric, shaman, necro, amount my alt army but never really gave a serious go at being a warrior.

Any an all help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

If all you want is group stuff I would think about going Paladin or SK. Unless your heart is stuck on being a warrior that is.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Here are some guides for warrior. Even if you're comfortable with a bunch of classes it's a pretty steep learning curve, especially if you're trying to gear up and are undergeared for whatever content you're doing. The key is knowing how each of the defensive abilities work and stack, and being able to quickly decide which ones you want to activate at any given time.

moogs likes this.
  4. 2000 Years Later New Member

You could come play on Agnarr, where warriors are locked on the first set of disciplines and the provoke line.
  5. p2aa Augur

I would advice you to not learn the warrior class by doing Zaknaffein hotkeys.
    The primal blood guide contains a few things that are not the best advices, but most of the things are ok.
    Kiadan Dakine likes this.
  6. Kiadan Dakine Journeyman

[I really need to update the Primal Brood warrior guide]
    http://pb.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11328956&gid=518180

Warriors are a fun class [ been a Warrior since 1999; admined the old The Steel Warrior webpage, and now Warrior class d00d for my guild] - but you'll be seriously dependent on your group Healer Merc or Player and you definitely will make friends . It will be insanely easy up to around 55 or so than you'll hit the proverbial wall and things will be frustrating since mobs now scale up a LOT compared to where you are in level.
    The above link is more focused to the top end and raiding but the basic point on what disciplines do and stacking and usability is solid. My guildleader set me up and now I have trained a bunch of our new warriors using the same standards and once you know what to do; it's surprising wha you can actually do!

I also agree with p2aa; don't use macro keys for melee situations [fine for self buffs though!]. Once they go wonky you're screwed. If you ever need help copy your warrior over to Test and can help you out too.