New Warrior idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by fransisco, Jan 10, 2013.

1. fransisco Augur

What if warriors were able to tank multiple mobs with less ill effect than others.
    The second mob only hits the warrior for 75%.
    Third mob hits the warrior for 90%

It would let warriors handle bad situations much better, and enable crazier pulling too.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

I had proposed an idea in another thread of a defensive proc parry buff with hit counters. Not the same numbers, but fits the idea of defense that scales up against # of targets.

I'm curious as to what mechanic you'd use for this as hard coding this would be exploitable... e.g. tank a trash mob+named so named hits for only 75%.
  3. fransisco Augur

Only mobs with the tank as their target qualify.
    Mobs that are mezzed or "bosses" do not qualify

After that, it can simply be an issue of order on the agro list. First mob to get agro on warrior is #1, second is #2, third is #3. If there are more than 3, as one dies, the others move up appropriately.

To mechanically handle the damage reduction, mobs #2 and #3 receive a damage debuff of the appropriate amount. That debuff is removed if they change targets
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Did you swap your numbers or are you saying mobs beyond #3 hit for full damage?
  5. fransisco Augur

Mobs beyond 3 hit for full damage.
    This isn't to allow warriors to swarm, its a grouping mechanic.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

It'd take quite a bit more than a <13% reduction in total damage before you see Warriors swarm, lol.

I really like the the thought of Warriors getting better defense against multiple targets. We didn't get an upgrade to Roar of Challenge in RoF.

I think your proposal can be increased in magnitude and scaling significantly without being game-breaking.