New Veteran's Award?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ojier, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ojier Lorekeeper

Is there going to be a new veteran's award this year?
  2. Izcurly Augur

It never happens until at least a month after the anniversary date.
  3. Leerah Augur

4. Yther Augur

5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That was given out last year.
  6. Yther Augur

So they give out the 15th year reward at or just after the 14th year anniversary? Strange I never noticed it before.

Yther Ore.
  7. KC13 Augur

I just received my 8th reward, and it's a coincidence it was at this time of the year. My account was opened in December of 2001, but I took a lengthy hiatus and thus the account only rolled over to 8 years a few days ago and I received the reward yesterday as I logged in each char. So, I don't think it matters that this is the anniversary. Type /play and it will tell you how many years and days the account is entitled to and from there you can determine when your reward will happen.
  8. Yther Augur

I meant the math, 15 year reward with only 14 years of game time, unless they're still allowing people to be a year or more advanced by paying ahead when that worked. Or as I had thought for some months before due to rounding and/or beta time being counted as accrued time. 'Cause I hadn't noticed the 14th year reward appearing until late last year sometime.

Yther Ore.
  9. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Veteran rewards are based off of paid time (entitled), not time passed. So folks have always been at least a year ahead by paying in advance. Some accounts are also entitled to arbitrarily large amounts of time due to volunteering in the guide program, etc.
  10. Yther Augur

That was a limited time thing, why I said if if it's continued despite changing it back to played time and not payed for time.. You can buy 3 years in advance right now and you're /play time will remain the same, until more time has actually passed. Didn't know about guide program allowing advanced /play time. The only way I remember being able to advanced it passed what was played was by buying years in advance, and that was for a limited time.

Yther Ore.
  11. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

you also have to remember people who beta tested the game.. they are also 1 year ahead..
  12. Garcielle Journeyman

Per what SOE CS told me. Veteran rewards are based on paid time. If you pay for time in advance, say 2 years. You will get the associated veteran rewards for those 2 years when your anniversary date occurs, or there abouts.
  13. SpamFactory Augur

summon parcel vendor.
    you know its bound to happen eventually so lets just get it done with
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Due to some kind of exploit (I have no idea about how it works) I think they changed it so the most you can get is 1 year in advance as far as Veteran's Rewards go.
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

you uses to be able to sub, cancle it.. resub.. cancle.. and clock up the years with out ever paying.. as far as i know none of that works now and u only get rewards based on time seen as how even free acounts get them now..
  16. Xnao Augur

15th year reward at 14th anniversary is correct. As you cannot have an anniversary your first year.
    1 year plus 14 anniversaries = 15.
  17. Yther Augur

Yea, but you don't get the 1st until you've played for year. It may be due to the being able to still get 1 year ahead, although I had thought they removed that when they fixed the hack of buying and cancelling subscriptions, and that it may be due to Beta testers being counted from the start date of the beta account.

Yther Ore.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

None of the above. Back in 2005 during the 6th Anniversary, they announced the addition of the Veteran Reward AAs that came out the 13th of May of that year. At the same time they had the famed 6th Anniversary 1 year sub for $99/year special. As an added incentive to purchase the 1 year sub (if the price wasn't enough) if you took advantage of the 6th Anniversary special subscription you would automatically get an extra year of playing time added to your account's entitlement. So if you were at 4 years you would get 5; and those who had been playing since the start of the game and had 6 years had access to the 7th year Vet AA.

There were bugs in the system, for example when the 7th anniversary came around those who had the 6th anniversary special but were not at the vet AA "cap" gained 2 vet AAs instead of just one. That was quickly fixed and corrected. Sometime after the 6th anniversary was well over and before the 7th they officially made it such that you got credit for what you had paid for so if you paid a year (or two) sub you got that many Vet AAs on the first tuesday of the month after the subscription renewed.

The change block the "exploit" was that they made it so that you only would get additional entitlement time upon the expiration of your subscription; this was shortly after they changed it so that you did not pay any money until your subscription actually ended and renewed. Prior to the 7th or 8th anniversary year, if you did the sub/cancel/resub system you actually paid for each of the subscriptions right then and had the subscription end date just extended however long.
    Yther likes this.
  19. Yther Augur

That's pretty much how I remember it, with more detail than I remembered. I've tried buying time in advance since probably the 8th or 9th anniversary, and it hasn't worked to add any time to my /play or vet rewards. Maybe there are some showing 15 years entitled, but I didn't think so, since they had reset the system as you had said, and thus basically back to actual played time, not paid time.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that the only way possible for anyone to have the 15th year vet currently is if they did the 6th year Anniversary plan and actually have been playing for all 14 years as you said.
  21. Talif Augur

Or be a current/past member of the guide program. They got credited to 30 years or something silly like that.
    Leerah likes this.