New Veteran idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shredd, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Shredd Augur

What about a no stun clicker?
  2. Angahran Augur

They'll never do a new 'veteran' reward because all the new accounts would complain about having to wait that long to get them. (obviously missing the entire point of 'veteran').
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would like a VetAA 'Reset' button, re-usable once every 7 days.
    Denial_Sinfae likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Really should be a Summon Parcel Vendor Veteran AA at this point.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

How about a once a day COTH? Sure useless to mages until they are the ones tasked with running through dangerous areas to get the rest of the party to safety.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. Tiggold Augur

The Unstoppable Rogue :)
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I've asked for this several times (a la EQ2's Call of the Veteran) and have been repeatedly shouted down by those most vocal purists.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It really is absurd how long Mages have held onto that unique ability while so many other convenience things were farmed our.

There isn’t even a clicky that has the ability. There are tons of shrink, invis, port, snare, stun, Slow, etc. procs and clicks across many items but this ability somehow evades everyone else.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

An alternate would be a summoned reverse coth item in which the mage summons the item and can give it to another player who when uses it will coth the mage that summoned the item. This would probably be way more work than a veteran reward coth but would still be rather useful.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I actually think this might have a greater chance of being implemented because it's not necessarily a 'Gimme'. It requires player cooperation and (presumably) a quested or rewarded spell.

Plus, it aligns with class abilities and lore.

I like this!
    svann likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've requested this many times, but it seems they are sticking to not adding anymore Vet AA's. I really don't see the harm in adding 1 or 2 more. You would no longer need a vanilla account to gain them, you would still need a fairly old account, but that's the point of the Vet rewards. Why leave your long time customers hanging like this!!
  12. smash Augur

Gotta disagree with class abilities and lore.

Also, it is class breaking of allowing any other than magician to get that, even if a summoned item. And why is that, it will make moving around to become a joke, allowing 1 rogue to rush from point A to point B, use the item, to summon the magician, who can then coh all the Group.

You can then say, oh can already do that with a cleric merc, well some zones do not allow mercs.

So my vote for that, would be a NO.
    Maedhros and xcitng like this.
  13. smash Augur

Very true, but I however do think they could do something like it. It should not be dependent on your "age", but are you FM, from 1 July to 1 August and do you log on in that time you will get 10 items per account with 10 charges of summon parcel robot. The items is no drop, and it is something you can claim.

However it will only work as long you FM.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So what you're really saying is you're open to democracy. You're open-minded, and I like that. While it may be a powerful ability, the same things you said about a CotH item were said when Group CotH landed on Test. And, somehow, we all survived.

Here's to you, Democracy.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Your NO vote is noted and ignored, GIMME GIMME GIMME!
    (3 all caps words trump one)
  16. Allayna Augur

Veteran Reward: Evict button
    Maedhros and Cadira like this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

VetAA - Summons of the Hero - 'You have been summoned back to your corpse with 100% Health, Endurance, and Mana, 100% of your Experience regained, and all beneficial magical effects intact.' Usable once every 7 days.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  18. svann Augur

I think once you claim your vet reward on a character, if you transfer to another account you should get to keep your vet reward for that character. It already counted off the number of rewards available, so its not like that would allow unlimited rewards.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

So having an item in game that allows every class to FD isn't already easy mode? There are rez tokens also so your rogue or any class that can make it to camp carrying a dead mage can rez them and coth so it also makes your argument hold less weight. This would just provide an alternative that doesn't require a mage to sacrifice themselves or burn through expensive FD pots trying to get to a difficult camp.
  20. smash Augur

However this is not just a tiny change, by making the veteran follow. This is a major change to the veteran system, there are a lot of Things to take into place.

Like, you move the change to another account, which example got 2 years thing, and the one you come from had 5, what happens then when the new one changes to 3, will you char then be set to 3 as well, And other way around.

Unless thought out 100%, it could result into some major Things, and made the CS have a big thing to handle.