New Update on Test

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, May 9, 2017.

1. Dreven Lorekeeper

I wonder what they mean with "Most lower level druid and shaman DoT spells", does this mean lower level druid dots from a Phinigel perspective, and as such for example lvl 50+ dots are not adjusted, or did they mean 'lower' level from the perspective of the live servers maximum level?

In other words, will my latest dots as a 65 druid also be adjusted with this patch?
    If that is true, then this is great news and a nerf undone.
  2. Dreven Lorekeeper

And on the model things, does this mean NPC will revert to the non revamped versions of Luclin?
    The Luclin models are what identifies Everquest back in the day, I would hate to have a different experience than I had back in the day, that is missing the point of TLP servers. At any rate this should be selectable/optional.
  3. Acen Elder

It is optional at your log in. There is a button you click to go between old or new models.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Most likely. But you can /test copy and check it out for yourself.

The Druid dot change worked fine for higher levels but for the lower levels, we lost a good sized amount of DPS. This (hopefully) fixes that.
  5. Wolrok Elder

How does this affect revamped zones like Commonlands or Steamfont?
  6. Brelic Elder

according to the patch notes all the specified mobs will revert to classic models in zones considered pre-ldon on all servers not just TLP.
  7. Wolrok Elder

Works for me then.
  8. Syllestrae Elder

You tested this?
  9. Belit Lorekeeper

Does that mean can look like a slowly walking sleepwalker skelly again with AoN, when I have no weapons equipped?
    That is awesome. Finally old EQ feeling.
  10. Brelic Elder

Im not sure if Acen tested it but I did and there is the same toggle there has always been for the Luclin models (player chars/horse&elementals)... Check it out yourself to find eq install path did you try right clicking the launcher and open file location? Once u do that copy you eq directory and relaunch the patcher from the new directory-> click the gear to open advanced settings and "select game version"-> click test and dl patch rq.
  11. Baldur Augur

He's talking about the Luclin vs old PC character models, not the NPC model reversion on test. There is no toggle for that currently.
  12. snailish Augur

Agents of Change getting a "thematic change" sounds good.

Is the soulbinder in commons tunnel still a LoY Froglok?

Blocking the of necro skull caps is an interesting change... wonder if we'll see more "loopholes" being closed? [Epic farmers may not like that...]
  13. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Now that I have seen Grazhak the Berzerker on two separate characters I question if the classic ultra rare npc is that rare anymore. It would be nice if some of the no drop items gave you kill credit like the Ring of Xorbb. Will the be new reports of Theodast Waggmump spawning in The Mountains of Rathe? Is Theo rare or has he been removed. Not like I am expecting that having either the Tunare Berries or Circle of Stones to give credit for a kill or if Theodast will even be an achievement.

What will four Slime Crystal Staves get me? I already used three for the Blued Two handed Hammer. Should get a title like Eyepoker or something. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.....

I guess I should clarify that I still have four. One Fabled Xorbb was stingy and just had a fabled staff.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is good!