New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Evertrek Augur

boxing gives you power. yes the above mentioned benefits exist, however there are more EQish ways to improve the game play (without boxing). from the days of pocket healers to the full on bots, the power of boxing is being abused in all MMOs.
  2. Evertrek Augur

3. Evertrek Augur

boxing gives you power. yes the above mentioned benefits exist, however there are more EQish ways to improve the game play (without boxing). from the days of pocket healers to the full on bots, the power of boxing is being abused in all MMOs.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Actual AUTOMATION is a problem. It's not boxing at all. Quit mixing the two. But I guess in the days of misinformation, it's what you feel you need to do to "win".
    Duder and Svann2 like this.
  5. Evertrek Augur

isn't automation any form of boxing? i could 3 box without macros and be productive in EQ.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Not necessarily. I sometimes use automation as a single toon player because of a medical condition. I don't box, which is something completely different.
  7. Tegila Augur

um no. that would jsut be called boxing. automation..AUTOMATIC. big difference automated is not requiring human input. you load up 2 accounts, does the second one read your mind, follow the first one around without you targetting, typing /follow etc? does it play like a player magically because you loded it and are looking at the other account? no. thats not how this works...ok maybe alittle bit with a bard /melody on autofollow lol, but better be real careful to shut that bard up and fade it if things go awry...and bard melody and autofollow are game mechanics notwithstanding boxing or elsewise.

boxing, is boxing. automation is something else entirely, and what is called "botting" and why we keep saying over and over and over..do not confuse the two.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What?

No... boxing is playing multiple characters. LOL

Automation (botting), is when you can walk away from the computer and everything just keeps on playing. Or someone can just play one char and a bunch of others play with absolutely no interaction needed at all. (basically a bunch of much more powerful mercs).
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Duder and Tegila like this.
  9. Tegila Augur

not sure what you mean here as "use automation" ..automation and assistance not the same. and idc what medical condition you have, automation isnt needed for it. ADHD? ok well focus factor doesnt count lol, thats a bit too widespread. hey lemme click a button so i dont forget i was fishing and get sidetracked picking flowers etc..oh well. EQ already created the "combine all" checkbox so tradeskill automation is built into the game. beyond that and /follow ..idk what automation you could be referring to that could be fairly used under any such condition. am i forgetting somethign?
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

If you must know, I have parkinsonism. My hands have tremors, very bad ones at times. It is one reason why I don't raid on a consistent basis. So, it is hard for me to use keyboard/mouse at those times, with the constant clicking and moving. During those times, I automate so I can still enjoy the game while giving my hands a break.
  11. Tucoh Augur

EQ boxing provides a unique gaming experience. I enjoy boxing for the sake of boxing. I don't really care about any of the benefits of boxing you mentioned.
    Tsavo, Metanis, Tegila and 2 others like this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It means yes. Yes, you're always going to 'forget' something, because you don't know everything to start out with.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  13. Tegila Augur

but when you say automate, can you walk away from the computer and it keep going, or is it more like the macros i ngame..minimizing clicks, or using voice commands and the like? im curious more i guess how liberal your definition of automation is i suppose, just how automated like sit htere and watch it play or youre telling it what to do every so many seconds kinda deal

tehres gotta be someone around thats played with integrating voicecommands more, so im more assuming its available but not necessarily widespread use. that might be a good thing for you or anyone else with manual dexterity (or missing limbs) to be able to enjoy the game without concerns for personal physicality
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

I could walk away and it still keep going. I don't walk away because I don't want to be dinged for unattended gameplay. I don't walk away because I am in Discord with my friends bantering. If I am not in a group, I am in the guild hall, or logged out. I don't play unattended.

I do have in-game macros as well that I use most of the time to minimize clicks and such. So, I do what I can to mitigate the issue before I resort to automated play.
    Tegila likes this.
  15. Tolzol Augur

I could get on board with his idea smoke, it sounds like a great idea tbh. They should ban everyone of us that has ever logged in more than 1 toon at once and kill the game and set us free from this madness npnp hahaha.
  16. The Greatest Beaver Journeyman

While we are at it, lets remove Mercs from the game, since we are all on board with no botting, I mean mercs are bots given to us, we should get rid of them, and next lets adopt all of blizzards policies since you know people seem to find that their the same exact company as dark paw, and have very similar visions of the future./s

Also to call blizzard a trend is utterly disgusting, they pushed against their player base when the call for classic servers was being floated, the infamous you think you know but you don't, and now people believe their some sort of leader in classic servers? They are what 8-10 years behind day break games in that area, and all of sudden their very first classic server releases and you want day break to follow their rule sets give me a break.
    Vumad likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ill add to this that botting means your character can play itself 24/7, obviously without you being there. Its cheating and its monopolizing camps. Unfair to others that may want to use that content but cant because the botted party is taking it all the time every day.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It would certainly be one way to free us from this addiction!
    Tolzol likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

Strawberry either completely misses or is deliberately ignoring the point that a great many people box because socializing with bad players and/or people you can't stand encourages boxing. Oh it's not everyone but there's more than enough incompetent players who'll monopolize group chat with a stream of consciousness rant that you never want to do another pickup groups again ever. I hit my limit sometime during Luclin and my friends and I started boxing and never looked back.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I sometimes wonder:

Are the devs deliberately keeping the system requirements low, just to appease multiboxers? Would we have a technically more impressive game-engine if boxing wasn't as popular. Is boxing holding the game back?
  21. Tolzol Augur

......... really? LOL. Funding is holding the game back.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Metanis like this.