New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

We like you though, so, um, awkward.

Oh, you mean general chat, phew, I knew you liked me.
    Metanis likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Currently i don't play EQ. Didn't read the rest of your projection

Oh i understand now you're below room temp.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I suppose we may be talking to someone from P99 or WoW who loves to troll the EQ forums.
    Sissruukk and Nadisia like this.
  4. Tegila Augur

OMG Boxing is destroying EQ
    maybe you should try playing live instead of TLP
    I dont even play EQ
    then why are you yapping incessantly in this thread? it's not "well when i was playing..." its "this does this and that" . ..if youre not playing then you dont know anything about what IS and DOES what, only what you read.

and to strawberry: OMMs and other monster missions were always ridiculous. hey let me spend all this time gearing and advancing my toon so i can NOT play it just to appease you. no thanks. oh and get more reward for less effort for doing so (that is why they got nerfed, the reward was beyond ridiculous)
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Lulz... OMM and Monster Missions. You just mentioned the worst of EQ design.
    Tegila likes this.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

This right here is the problem. Wether boxing is good or bad is debatable, your contribution to the game is not. It is clearly a net loss.

There is a reason FTP accounts are not allowed in general channel.

Non-all access accounts should have restricted forum access. Everything should be viewable, but the ability to post should be very limited. This person and many other should be unable to make a post and otherwise troll the veterans lounge.

I'll definitely be paying a lot more attention to the all access tag in the future.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

You need to get your facts straight.

AUTOMATED boxing (or automation of any kind) has never been allowed on any server.
    BOXING (one player playing multiple characters) has always been allowed on any server until the release of the recent 'no box' server.

It is the automated 24/7/365 automated 'groups' that people object to, not regular boxing.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As has been stated in the past many of us - we have old accounts that are Silver and therefore free and not all access. So those accounts should not have access to the forums to post? We are the wealth of knowledge.

But you want to allow someone who paid for one month yesterday to be allowed to post and they will not troll because they are paying?

And you and the other poster have both been members since 2018. He was Aug 6 and you are Aug 25. Does it really matter who is currently playing? You both have experience in the game

I will have to disagree with you on this one.

And F2P are not allowed in general as it is the one huge selling point to get them to go All Access
  9. Captain Video Augur

I don't entirely agree with this either. A lot of veteran players, who have contributed a ton of useful info over the years, do not subscribe year-round. The "All-Access" logo tag on forum posts is an honor system; anyone can go to their profile and turn it on or off at will, regardless of their current subscriber status, so you can't really tell much from that. I don't think DBG will authenticate official subscriber status on the forums due to the privacy rules in the EULA.

I am somewhat more concerned about the increasing frequency of TLP-exclusive players trolling the Veteran's forum, and they are obviously all subscribers too. Not sure quite what to do about that either, although I think it is fair game to challenge any poster by asking what server(s) they currently play on. I play on Vox. :)
  10. Nadisia Augur

/raises hand
    On Vox too ... and trying to escape from the vile Sturmere who spends all its free time to tie my shoe laces, making me fall to the ground and fail my feign death :p
    Sissruukk likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't have to defend my multiboxing stance to anyone. I share my thoughts in an effort to make you understand that just because you dislike something doesn't mean it's doing anyone harm. You seem hell-bent on disparaging boxers and anyone that supports it. Familiar tack. Grasping at any straw you can see.

Boxing is ok. Darkpaw says so. The devs say so. Others say so. I say so. You are on the fringe minority. My suggestion is to either find a way to cope with the pain and agony you must certainly feel being so blatantly outnumbered and out-flanked on this issue; or find a different game and audience to inflict your slanted views upon.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Well this thread sure helped pass my time on this Sunday double time day! Thank you!

Oh btw I hate nascar and ballet but I dont speak out against it because I know others enjoy such things

Been boxing since you had to box your own healer and do not intend to stop anytime soon. I find playing just one toon is boring as hell. That is just me though and is just my opinion.
    Nadisia, Duder, Tegila and 2 others like this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Because they want to play Everquest?
    Nennius and Herodotus like this.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

For reference my main 2 accounts are subbed ATM, but i won't be renewing them. I sub them thinking about playing on Aradune again for Velious. Then i played a few days saw DPG had basically broken all the promises about GM enforcement of the rules and how dead the server had become. Said this and i'm playing a TBC private server and LoL.

Ironically i'm a great example of why DPG losses money off boxing.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You wouldn't say the same about ballet if someone walked out into the middle of a basketball court and started doing ballet in the middle of your game.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

Ever see the Harlem Globetrotters? That is like watching ballet and basketball.
    Tegila and Metanis like this.
  17. Nadisia Augur

No, you're not.

I left WoW for many reasons : dumbed down game in my eyes, cooperative gameplay absolutely destroyed, the outdoor content is just a sad easy joke, lore is ridiculous, phasing, sharding, server hopping everywhere, stupid boring and mandatory activities, all cloned and modelled around the follower missions and so on, and for sure, I won't come back if we can't box like we want, and when we want, with my husband cuz we don't want to play with the average toxic community via the LFD tool.

Am I representative of anything?
    No, I'm just talking for myself.

As Flatchy perfectly said, I don't like WoW anymore, but I won't speak against people who still play and like it.
    It's their choice, not mine, end of story.

I love to box, you don't, so what?
    I'm too old for kindergarten heroic battles : «It's you, no you, no me first ...»
    Tegila likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Some like boxing and some don't. How many non box servers are there compared to boxing servers?
  19. Nadisia Augur

Yeah, and honestly, we're very lucky to have the choice between Truebox and box servers.
    You don't want to play with boxers?
    Then play on a truebox server.

On WoW, sadly for the boxers who still play the game (as a reminder, boxing is still allowed on WoW, just not key broadcasting atm), they'll need to find some workarounds (some are already useable) but the pressure from some hateful, blind, deaf, and uninformed parts of the community will be hard (often led by some twitch/YT morons auto proclaimed Gods of WoW)
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Didn't quote but some reasonable points about the subs. At least maybe a flag for players who have had a sub, purchased DBC or an expansion in the last year, or at the very least, logged into the game they are posting about.