new to the dps role, need insight.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by FL!P, Jul 26, 2017.

1. FL!P Augur

Hi guys, my entire EQ experience has been pretty much that of a tank. I want to switch it up this go round and do dps. That being said berserker has my attention. I like the idea of ranger and being able to dps in diff forms, with melee/spells/bow. But swinging a 2hander never gets old ><. I have always been curious about the berserker, but i know absolutely nothing about them. And have always read alot of complaining about being rooted. What kind of rotation do they have? is it dump some disc and rip for a few seconds then have to wait another 30 min to an hour before you can do it again? pretty random dumb questions just trying to understand the class, is it more interactive than just auto attack?
  2. Brohg Augur

Modern dps is certainly more active than just auto attack, but what's usually described as interactive has to do with coordination in a group or raid, and pacing against what's anticipated versus particular events.

The longest cooldowns for the heaviest "ripping of " are 20 mins for berserkers, but there's some kinda boost going out every minute besides the dozen or so skill attacks / abilities that make up most of a berserker's damage. Autoattack is ... 1/3(?) of a good berserker's overall damage.
  3. FL!P Augur

awesome brohg i appreciate your response! sounds good man looking forward to jumping in there tomorrow going gold and giving it a shot. now to dig through several dated pages and try to learn how to play it haha.