New to Live

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Crabman, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Crabman Augur

Only been playing on TLPs thus far but pretty bummed there isnt a pre-pop one to play on currently. Figured I might as well create a heroic but have no idea what to make.

I really enjoy level 60 shaman, ranger and but also very interested in wizard or beastlord.

I am just wondering how these four stack up solo / group / raid wise wayyyy past 60.

thanks
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Beastlord and Ranger probably are the at the top of those 4 when you do a true solo in the most situations. Shamen and Wizards would be a bit more limited solo, but still ok. When you only add a merc, I think that the Shaman becomes more capable, so that it will depend on how you play between the top 3. I'm not quite sure how Wizard + merc tends to play out most of the time, so I cannot really say. In a group and raid situations, they are all good to have.
  3. Xenze Elder

Shamans: they do okay molo/solo. Slow, but doable - usually pretty easy to get a group though so it's not so bad

Rangers: If you can stick to DB mobs and lower, you can just essentially HS your way up to where you wanna be. They're good in groups :) mana/aggro whoores, but it happens

Beastlord: Probably the strongest/fastest with a merc. Set pet up to tank, you stand back and whack away at mob, and healer merc keeps pet alive. ez-pz

Wizard: ehhh....can't say lol i've never played one
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you only plan in having 1 account then Beastlord is probably the strongest soloer of those 4, though at higher levels the Ranger & the Shaman are also very capable soloers.

Wizards are a simple class that work the best in a group where some other class has substantial aggro generation (a tank ideally). They can solo but the ways they can do this take a considerable amount of time & skill to learn before it becomes worthwhile.

For raids all of those will be needed to some degree, Wizards & Shaman are frequently in demand, there are generally very few Wizards around at any level, Shaman as a healer are always in demand along with Druids & Clerics. Always worth checking what guilds are looking for on the server you intend to play on & planning your class choice on, though most guilds are always hungry for new players.