New to Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Graethos, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Graethos Journeyman

Hello! I have a few questions about the server. I've never played a cleric before and I'm liking it solo so far (I'm only level 4 Dwarven Cleric grinding newb armor set in BB)
    I am very interested in the cultural armor sets!
    http://wiki.project1999.com/Cultural_Tradeskills:_Dwarf
    1) How do they compare to the higher end items on PoP locked progression? My old warrior had Raex's Destruction set from planes of power end game and it wasn't even that great because I was playing around Secrets of Faydwer release.
    2) Will I easily find the components in the bazaar or will I have to farm them myself? It needs drops of mercury and lava rocks for the temper which I guess are farmed in Lavastorm.
    3) Will I find an enchanter easily to enchant the Brellium? Level 49 spell.

Also, the epic looks crazy hard. It was incredibly grueling to get the warrior 1.0 back in the day because OOT was bugged and the block of permafrost took unbelievably long to drop from a giant. I read about the cleric epic 1.0 and it looked alright, except some NPC spawn times.
  2. Yruc Augur

Welcome to Agnarr - Cultural armor wasn't introduced until Dungeons of Norrath and Agnarr will only go up to Lost Dungeons of Norrath expansion, so it will never have the cultural armor.

gearing up a cleric isn't too bad.
    Start with banded (cheap in bazaar and can use to raise your smithing to 115 if you want to make it yourself, but much cheaper to just buy)
    Also can do the temple of ro armor quests for cleric which are pretty easy to do.
    Farm the bazaar filter on cleric usable items and sort by price low to high and then upgrade as you earn money.
    You could also just purchase the ornate armor molds from PoP but some are expensive.

Also if you are serious about playing a cleric as a main (several people just box them) then guild will help gear you up quickly and also get the cleric epic.

The cleric epic can be done in 1 day, as there are only 3 time consuming parts -
    1. worst part is the Skyfire pearls - gathering 4 takes forever, bring friends and just slaughter the zone, advertise you want to buy them.
    2. the Lord Bergurgle camp - 28 minute spawn him or place holder can take anywhere to him being up (rarely camped now unless someone getting epic, so small chance of him being up ) to 6 hours or so before spawn..
    3. Lord Gimblox ring - this one isn't too bad as the placeholders spawn every 15 min or so

If you want to play a cleric as a main, most guilds will help you get the epic completed but will probably make you do the bergurgle / gimblox camps yourself.
  3. Graethos Journeyman

thanks for the info! I don't box, so yes to main. I better check out the bazaar
  4. a_librarian Augur

5. Graethos Journeyman

Oh wow there's other cultural recipes outside of the ones I linked!
  6. Krezzy Augur

As others have said, welcome to Agnarr!

Until you reach level 50 or so,don't worry too much about armor. Small banded or similar should be cheap and readily available in the bazaar.

There are some cultural recipes available for dwarves. The "blue diamond" recipes are decent enough. Here is a link to various dwarven armor pieces and components:

http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/re...DWF&sb=item&sub=cultural&menustr=080040030040

The stats on these are good, but the lack of focus effects (especially Mana Preservation and Flowing Thought) will mean you'll want to upgrade to other armor types when possible. I'd suggest going to armor made with the tradable ornate plate molds. Some of these get pretty cheap, although they do have a minimum level.
  7. RandomStrategy Augur

Lemme know your character name and I'll send you an Emerald Dragonscale Tunic (I have like 8 rotting from killing Wuoshi regularly....I never get the good stuff, just scales on scales on scales.)

I'll also check my bank and see if I can toss you a decent cleric weapon.
    Graethos likes this.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Whatever he doesn't set you up with I'll fill in the rest of the slots with newbie gear. Just let us know your character name.
  9. Graethos Journeyman

Graethos!
  10. Graethos Journeyman

By Brell's beard, I'm all twinked out! <3
  11. CaptainSkeet Augur

They are pricey, but the elemental crafted stuff is nice. Inferno plate has the most mana and is reasonably priced for the most part. I would compare it to the ornate armor you can get on each slot and see what the price difference is and which would give you the most bang for your buck. The inferno BP at least is pretty good and much cheaper than ornate (see my cleric magelo in sig)
    Adonhiram likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't imagine anyone would try to sell these at this point. Or is Agnarr that greedy?
  13. Yruc Augur

Not sure if they still sell anymore or not. My cleric got her epic back in early velious and they were being sold for 1k each sometimes more depending if completing clerics in zone for them. I'm not currently playing due to family stuff, but I know if monks want their epic or bards do, they still have to slaughter mobs in the zone to get the immortals book or the named chromodrake, and hopefully if they find any pearls, they give them away instead of selling.
  14. RandomStrategy Augur

You can multi the entire epic for someone if you want. The recipient doesn't even have to camp anything. Show up, receive epic.
  15. Graethos Journeyman

That was a blast the other night absolutely dominating Kurn's Tower with my friend Brewski which turned into an all night full group that migrated to Paludal Caverns. I was the only one who didn't rip the whole time, which is pretty for a cleric... Sorry Danaan, who kept stealing aggro from the recondites. Thanks to you know who for logging on to your alt and keeping us druid buffed. We annihilated that camp as soon as they would respawn! Went from level 8 to 17 in just a few hours. I didn't even have those potions of adventure.

Ahh, I see the ornate plate molds, now. They are PoP questables... The Vengeful Fury set looks top-notch. Black Insanity Warhammer looks amazing, too.
    http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/re...Smithing&sb=item&sub=pop&menustr=080100160000
    http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/re...hing&sb=item&sub=pqplate&menustr=080100160080

Did someone say you can just buy all the epic drops and turn them in??? The walkthrough had me spawning a bunch of mobs on turn-ins I assumed they'd be no-trade.
  16. Graethos Journeyman

I finished banded smithing thanks to some hot tips from a seasoned player. I broke down rusty and fine steel weapons for supplies. Next, I need a good suppy of silver bars! Gorge of King Xorbb?
  17. snailish Augur

I've killed a lot of muddites and minos in the Gorge over years because... reasons.

Silver bars drop, but you will have literally bags full of other things before you have much of a stack of silver bars is my recollection. If you have a large capacity weight reduction bag maybe not an issue...

Might be more efficient to farm something you can sell to players or vendor and just buy silver bars?
  18. Graethos Journeyman

Thanks for the advice. Did you ever find King Xorbb himself? I read about that one.