New TLP, what duo will Last the longest?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shalka, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Shalka Lorekeeper

first things first im really excited for the new tlp tru box.. gonna be awesome... secondly im not excited on a duo to pick.. What are some you all recomend that will withstand all the way through luclin? i prolly will stop there as i used to raid pop all the time back in the day...
    my goals:
    1)Farm namer i need for gear with my duo!
    2) Be able to form groups at a decent rate!
    3) Help people out when they need!
    4) be able to do anything i want whenever i want!

im interested to see what everyone thinks... i can box 2 classes! which 2 do you all think!
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. Shalka Lorekeeper

yeah but ench/cleric u think will last the test of time? i mean at some point id assume there charm is obsolete.. plus how do they do when going against namers?
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You'd assume incorrectly. Charmed mobs still dominate in PoP content. They do better than any other duo when going against "namers." Hence the answer. :) Cheers
  5. Shalka Lorekeeper

So i guess my next question would be is there any melee + healer combos that might be able to compete? not sure if i would like to rely on a charmed mob for everything granted ill keep that in the back of my mind!
  6. Tachyon Augur

Warrior/Cleric for a core group duo, SK/Cleric if you like to pull.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Not really. Charmed mobs will output more dps on their own than any other duo, and also tank better. It's of course a higher risk higher reward approach, since a poorly handled charm break can end up wiping you very quickly. And you can't really AFK or take breaks with your charmed mob unless you just kill it and find another one when you return. If you want a melee/healer combo SK/shm or monk/shm are the most popular. But again just read the thread I already linked, that answer is there already with plenty more detail... :)
  8. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

I agree with Enchanter/Druid as extremely effective in PoP. If you want melee/healer options, SK/Shaman is a really solid combo as is Ranger/Shaman (the latter is what I'm considering). I'm doing Enchanter/Druid on Ragefire and it's been a blast.
  9. Shalka Lorekeeper

Ranger or monk seems like alot of fun... monk sham i allways heard was a decent combo and from what i remember back in the day a good geared monk can tank decently! but that was back in the day not sure how well monks do now
  10. Delphwind Augur

Shadowknight + Bard

This will be harder to do with this duo, because you will lack heals. You will still be able to do a lot of content however, and camped quite a few nameds.

The key to this duo is sustainability. You need to build the SK up as extremely defensive, with a large amount of health and mana regen. KEI lasts for hours so never leave home without it. Give the bard instrument mod items instead of actual instruments so she can melee, I know Bard DPS is the pits, but a well played Bard can actually do surprisingly good damage, while still singing support songs.

This duo can do amazing things, but it's primary focus is groups, which are super easy to come by.

As I said above, this duo is perfect for making groups. On Phinigel healers and DPS are usually pretty easy to find, but tanks and bards are quite rare.

Most (all) nameds in current content are going to be camped. So getting into a named camp group will be FAR easier for this duo that just about any other. Everyone wants a bard, and SK's are the kings at tanking group content.

This group is entirely selfish. All their buffs are self, or group only, which means if you want to go buff a bunch of low levels you wont be able to do that. However if you are talking about helping out people you can group with (a level 65 can group with a 43) than there is hardly a better duo to do it. You can take on content that con's red to a level 43 without heals and steamroll it, basically power leveling them.

The great thing about this duo is they can really get anywhere quickly. They both have FD so getting to camps is super quick. It's very simple to split mobs, and if it all goes sideways you can both FD and try again, no need for someone to rez when you never die.
  11. Ming Tee Augur

play whatever you want + a shaman. It will work and work well.
  12. Senji Journeyman

Cleric + Enchanter is godly... just give it a try

Fully buffed charm pet + complete heal... you can destroy entire zones
  13. Brunlin Augur

Melee+healer is slow dps....unless we are talking about shaman/monk or druid/monk both or good. I personally like a Mage/Druid as this is a awesome 2 box. Enchanter/Cleric or Enchanter/Druid is very strong as well.
  14. Shalka Lorekeeper

monk shaman was a combo i allways thought was awesome... I'm probably going to go cleric/ench but do any of you know how decent monks are at tanking on phiny ? like pre pop?