New TLP starting a GoD. Great idea!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sandrito, Mar 27, 2022.

1. PotatoPowa Elder

Count me out, if they do this I'll go play an e. mul. ator.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Haak Augur

While it's in the realm of possibility, I don't see it. It's a case of return on investment. The players they would lose who are tired of a Classic start are far fewer than those who wouldn't return for GoD. They could do something different, knowing that it will lead to less money, just because they haven't in the past. But for the same reason that Apple isn't going to start making shoes (it's different, and they haven't done it before), Darkpaw will likely stay in their lane and do what brings in the most revenue.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

that is pure speculation on your part.
    I'm sure you didn't say the same about random loot.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Haak Augur

I'm fairly certain everything said by everyone here is generally speculation, including myself, so you aren't wrong there. However, if we needed something to judge the validity of my statement, I'd say it's that nearly 100% of TLPs launching in Classic and not GoD supports, at least without further comment from the devs, the theory that they understand it's what brings back players in greater numbers. I'm happy to be wrong though if someone from Darkpaw wants to float out some numbers suggesting otherwise and announce a GoD-start TLP because it's where the big bucks are.
  5. Rcbauer Augur

You'd still play in 'classic'.
    if it is so great you can farm Sky and Hate all you want.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

...or live.

& yes, though I normally rattle off a bunch of reasons to support that but I got tired of repeating them.

Such as;
    How many players are actually asking for 6months+ unlocks? not very many at all, less than have asked for a PvP TLP even.

Almost nobody else complains about 3 months being too fast.

And yet a casual server requires VASTLY greater numbers of players to hit enough people logging in on any given day in order to have enough players to generate a PuG scene.

6 month + unlock advocates are casuals, casuals are the absolute least reliable demographic there is;

• you can't plan regular raids with them so you can forget any raiding community
    • you can't plan regular groups with them
    • all you will have is a bunch of people who cannot be relied on and who cannot rely on anyone else
    • all of the players are passing each other like ships in the night due to such a low incidence of their schedules aligning
    • Organising a guild of casuals is an absolute logistical nightmare, so any leadership trying to organise things will burn out super-rapidly, provided they are actually bothering to log in.

Ragefire had 6 month voted unlocks to start with why weren't you there?

So that's why I say if you want greater than 3 months go to Agnarr or Live.

Those are sensible suggestions when you consider that Agnarr will be very quick to catch up to everyone else.
    Ok so Live will not be quick to catch up but once you do unlocks are 12 months apart.
  7. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Yo imma blow your mind right now. What if there's people who haven't played EQ TLP for the past 10 years?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Unlikely to be many by now.

Ragefire was 7 years ago already.

TLP are now mostly made up of players who have already played on one prior TLP, very few new players to TLP though we get a handful back with each new TLP possibly.
  9. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Checkmate, bluebies.
  10. Crabman Augur

LOL - Or mischief... in 24 hours you too can START on a server that is in GoD. Tons of level 1 zerkers will be made, get any raid gear from previous expansions for very cheap, and just like that you are caught up.

And look at that, no need to start a server in GoD. We figured it out guys, we just had to say "it wont take too long to catch up" and then everyone will be happy and agree.
  11. Triconix Augur

This is the equivalent of people saying that it's not the same as making a guild on a current TLP and running through classic themselves since they fall behind vs starting again on a new TLP in classic. It's amazing how the goal posts move as needed to fit people's agendas.

I guess we never have to make another classic-start server ever again. DPG should just keep making live servers and people can just start over on them as many times as they want.
  12. Rcbauer Augur

pay2win isn't for everyone. Some people like to earn their gear :)
    Komodon likes this.
  13. Kahna Augur

Nothing stopping you from earning your gear on Mischief, just, you know, don't buy it. Shocking, I know.
    Xanathol likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are purposely conflating the 6 month unlock discussion with the GoD-Start TLP discussion, and think they are the same thing?
  15. Triconix Augur

That doesn't make sense because the reply was in regards to starting in GOD and being caught up easily. If you don't buy the gear, you don't get caught up quickly. If you don't catch up quickly, the main argument carpet bombed on these forums is starting all over. In this case, a GOD starting TLP.

So what is it? No need for a GOD start server because it's easy to just buy gear/PL on Mischief for GOD or not needing to catch up because there's a brand-new GOD start server to join?
  16. Crabman Augur

No but your recommendation to go join a server that has nothing to do with what a person is asking for is the same as people who are telling you guys who want GoD start to just join mischief instead.

I’m all for 1 of each. I posted that immediately after the god rumor started. One at god and one at classic. I understand the launch rush is fun, I just personally want it in classic.
  17. Triconix Augur

The only major change between a classic and GOD start is the end game. Most people will be leveling in the same zones, with a few added bonuses along the way, so it's not the same over done grind path if you don't want it to be.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are puposely ignoring the reasoning behind that recommendation, which I gave you. So you are no longer engaging in a rational debate just looking for a way to tear down my argument by focusing on only a part of it.

I said the same thing, on the unspoken understanding the classic/kunark/trilogy start would approximately be on the standard TLP 12/8 week cadence to be more accuarate.

I just think a 6 month unlock TLP would be DOA.
  19. Raejin Lorekeeper

I'm playing on the next TLP my last one was Lockjaw. I do think just having a new fresh start "Live" server level locked or not would be cool. I'm really not wanting to play Classic-PoP again I always get burnt out on Velious/Luclin I'd like to actually group and do TSS leveling zones for a change.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fresh start live servers have not been popular but the LLP concept could do well, other than a GoD Start a TSS start is also a very interesting proposition.