New TLP server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lucious, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Lucious New Member

Sorry , i know there prolly a date On here somewhere but im pretty new to this stuff. Whats the date the New TLP is due to come out? Thank you in advance. Hoping for a TLP that has More time inbetween Release of Xpacs.
  2. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

More time than 3 months? That wont happen at this point.
    Vindar, rangerous and Digler like this.
  3. Truetotheblue Augur

They have a new policy that everytime someone makes a new post about "Amazing TLP ruleset idea!1" or "Best TLP concept" they push the date back a month. Meaning it will never come out.

Real answer though, they have not given a firm answer on date or ruleset outside of "May" on the roadmap. Mischief was announced at the end of April last year with it coming out a month later at the end of May. I would anticipate that it will be the same this year, with minor shifts in dates, and wouldn't expect a firm announcement for at minimum a few weeks.
  4. Digler Elder

To follow up with what Truetotheblue said, we'll find out sometime in April when the new TLP will launch, at that time, they'll share all the details on the 'rule set'.

However, I suspect they'll stick with the standard 3 months per expansion as with prior TLPs. If anything, they'd shorten that.
    rangerous, Skuz and Truetotheblue like this.
  5. Truetotheblue Augur

I would also add +1 to this on the likelihood of longer unlocks being slim. You need look no further than the multiple TLP forum posts asking to combine expacs A and B or make X Y Z one cycle. Adding time to the unlocks would just further exacerbate the issue. In addition to that, there's nothing stopping an individual player or guild from slowing the progression down to their own tastes in the same ecosystem. Will you be at the BiS curve for the server? No. But I think there are a few of the cycles that are slogs that would be exposed longer with extended unlocks like 70, Kunark, LDON. OoW to DoN, for example, doesn't add much substance. But it's still the same time period. It hurts retention and interest. There are a few others of those as well.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree with the posters above.

I will add that if you want longer than 3 months you should seriously consider Agnarr, or you should play on a live server.
  7. Crabman Augur

Im going to post this here since I dont dare make another thread right now, but I think what they need to release is basically just a p99 but with all the tlp QoL features. I think this might help a lot of people who think they want 6 month/12month unlocks. People have said this recently as a joke but if they had one running I think lots of people would play there in different capacities. Dont launch it in May, dont take away one of the standard release or "new" rulesets for the year, but launch a classic like tlp that is Velious Locked, 1 year or 6 month or whatever unlocks, but with really slowwwww classic like xp rates. Dont worry about hell levels or other "purist" crap people say isnt possible any more, but slow down xp to make the journey to 50 or 60 a real thing again.

I like the fresh classic servers, and sometimes I burn out(usually during pop) of the weekly raiding and the 2 month xpac launches and stuff like that. When that happens, a lot of times I go chill on p99 for a while. And some of the people I talk to over there, I am not the only one that does this. I dont try to end game there, dont try to raid due to the toxicity and politics ive heard about, I just have like a 31 necro that ive solo / pugged whenever im not raiding on a tlp. I think it would have lots of people playing on it who otherwise now just play on p99 but come here to ask for 6/12month unlocks for the may tlps that are being launched.
    Ponter likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you want P99 just go there or Agnarr, especially if you are only going to burn out around PoP.
  9. Crabman Augur

Velious lock vs Pop lock are very different, that said, I have done some solo stuff on agnarr in the past few months and there are still a lot of people LFG and leveling, whether its alts or what, but that got me thinking that a Velious Lock would also keep a lot of people around. And as I stated, I do go to p99 but would rather have the QoL features that TLP's offer.
    Popknot and Ponter like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A "handful of trolls" are the 4,000+ players who wanted to log into every TLP launching with 3 month unlocks so far?

You have a very strange understanding of what a handful amounts to.

If you want to count up forum users then that handful of trolls who prefer faster unlocks still vastly outnumber the proponents of 6month+ unlocks.
  11. Triconix Augur

There are more people who want PVP than longer unlocks. The server would be dead by Kunark with 6-12 month cycles. Once that happens, there would be clamoring on the forums about how the servers are dead and casuals still can't reach max because there is nobody to carry them.
    Vindar and Skuz like this.
  12. Barder-mangler Augur

May 25. I'd give 2-1 odds it launches May 25. It would follow the pattern of the last 3 May launch cycles/dates.
  13. rangerous Elder

New servers release on Wednesdays there are 4 in May. The 4th 11th 18th and 25th. It will release on one of those 4 days. Additionally I believe daybreak has given at least 4 weeks notice meaning if there is no announcement during the first few days of april you can rule out the 4th of april. If there isnt announcement during the first several days rule out the 11th etc. As the poster above me mentioned last year it was the final Wednesday in the month last year but I dont personally believe that matters as much as daybreak will probably prioritize their internal schedule and release on whichever Wednesday fits best based on the progress they have made thus far this year in other areas.
  14. rangerous Elder

The reason for no one wanting longer unlocks is there is only 100 hours needed to complete classic.

Its about 50 hours PT with a static from 1-50.

Then takes about 5 weeks of raiding 3x a week to completely gear out your character. Classic raids take about 10hrs/week over the course of the xpac.

After these 100 are put in theres isnt anything else to do until the next xpac. There are no AA's to earn etc.

You can go back through the 1-50 again with an alt but most guilds dont let you raid gear your alt's so that the people who dont show up to most raids but show up once a week can also get geared. So you cant really raid gear your alt.

Thats gets it 100hrs for people who only play mains and 150hours playtime for main + alt and thats assuming they dont want to PL their alt to shorten the second leveling.

If people dont care about BiS gear and just want to complete leveling to 50 and then clearing all of the raids this only takes about 75 hours. "Hardcores" do this before the first week is even up. This current schedule of 3months or 12/8 isnt even remotely catered towards hardcore players.

I play 10-15 hours a week and end up 1st/2nd BiS in every xpac and about 20kr building up on the acct per 3 month xpac without farming anything. I also dont consider myself a superstar EQ player so I am sure other people are doing way better than I am through faster leveling or higher kr earn. I also only paly 1 acct.
  15. Triconix Augur

It's those who don't log in enough to level quick enough with the masses. They will eventually log in and find a ghost town so unless they box or play an optimal soloing class, they will be up poop's creek without a paddle.

I do feel bad for those that have no life outside of gaming. Not sure what that has to do with anything unless you're trying to imply something? Me and my 70 days played on my only Aradune char are enough to prove that I don't play a lot.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're the one slinging accusations of being a Troll at anyone who disagrees with you.

I simply stated that clearly 3 month unlocks are popular, and the fact is that were those unlocks really not wanted there would be a lot of people complaining that the unlocks were too fast - that has not been happening ..........at all.

There was some feedback that Selo's 1 month unlocks was a bit too fast but I have seen almost none about 3 months being too fast, and some it may be too slow - a server with unlocks between the 12/8 of Phinigel/Mangler/Aradune & the 1-month of Selo would likely pull in a bigger audience than Selo had, though maybe not as large as what the 12/8 servers had.

But there was another choice, not playing on them at all.

No, I was among those who were very happy to see AoC after "Magefire". I also supported live servers getting AoC a whole lot, I also support Truebox from Classic to PoP and would like to see all TLP getting Truebox removed at the latest by the time DoDH unlocks but ideally when GoD unlocks.

Personal opinions are one thing, empirical evidence another but just going by my own eyes looking at forum posts there are only a very small number of players calling for 6 month unlocks & based off that your particular group is too small to support a long-unlock server.

BUT.

You can literally prove the "handful of trolls" 100% wrong if you want to and prove to the devs there is a huge number fo players who want a long unlock TLP.

Absor told the "PvP Bois" players that if they wanted to show how many of them are interested in a PvP TLP all they had to do was pick a time slot & date, all show up on ZEK and the devs would log in & take a look at how much interest there was from the logged in people.

Your group can do the same, gather together with all of those thousands of casuals who want a Long Unlock TLP, pick a server (it doesn't have to be zek it could be any live server) though I would suggest a lower pop server like Vox for example, set a time, a date & a zone for your gathering, then arrive there en-masse, teh devs will log in, see you amassed in a humungous crowd & grant you your wish, honestly, if there are enough of you they will give you your TLP wish.

3 month unlock players don't need to do the same thing because they already show up for the past few TLP in their thousands.

If your collective casual brethren fail to show up, that is what will be pathetic

Casuals are not the main targets, neither are raiders, everyone who has ever played EverQuest is a target for Darkpaw, I think they should expand beyond that but the game is not quite modernised enough for that just yet.

As far as the forums not being reflective of the wider EverQuest community, well who's fault is that?
    If you don't go on the forums to say what you like & dislike how is anyone supposed to know what you want?
    If you say nothing you get what you asked for.