New TLP Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pictarous, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Pictarous Augur

'member when Phinny was supposed to be the last?

'Member when RadarX's manager buddy gifted her friends max level chars on Phinny? I do.

'Member where there is literally no customer service, and that the ENTIRE COMPANY takes weekends off?

'Member where DBG is owned by a holding company who gives 0 about your gaming experience and actively works to de-value your time you've put into servers by making new flavor of the month servers?

'Member when picks were one of the two main reasons people played on Phinny, the other being truebox?

'Member that project 1999 still exists, is free, has more players, and actual Guides/GMs/Customer Service (yes they have CS in a freeshard) something this monthly sub game doesn't have.

'Member how RadarX got salty because people called him out on being a lying and so the forums were locked for a month?

I ''member.

Have fun forking out any more $. You'll just keep getting new TLP severs with only one feature you want.

Their entire business model is based off of the first Classic rush. Think about that. How can a game world persisit if the company wants to restart every year or so to capture the EQ Classic honeymoon ($) phase?

It's easier and cheaper to keep farting out new server rulesets than it is to fix anything.

Play p99. It's free, better xp, and without an effective /pick, you have 0 reason not to. P99's truebox even works better, and the instances it doesn't, GMs actually exist and ban people. Unlike, you know, the people we pay to do that.
  2. Draekon Elder

P99 is corrupt as well. Have fun when staff robs your account and says you were cheating, then sells your stuff RMT. Its a constant cycle, to say rogean isn't in on it by now.. yeah.
  3. Galleyan Augur

4. Pictarous Augur

^ never heard of that. Have met RadarX's manager buddy who gifts 65s tho.

Rogean, RadarX, that Xavius guy before he disappeared = alllll supplement themselves with RMT.

Ill take p99 corruption, at least I dont have to pay for it.
  5. Tinytinker Augur

Project 99 has a lot of drama. I had fun for awhile, but the sexist/racist/homophobic trash talking and people playing lawyer quest over everything eventually caused me to quit. I realized it was not the server for me when I had to leave to a group because my boss needed help with something and I got reamed out for not sticking around for the corpse run.
  6. Strawberry Augur

Not really. We've had TLP where all expansions were unlocked from the start. Basically "unlocked" servers. We've had TLP with defiant armor. We've had TLP that start with PoP. etc

They're not stupid, releasing classic server after classic server will just drrain the pool of potential players. It would be like a restaurant with only one menu.

I doubt the next TLP will be the same a phinny. I doubt it will have such slow XP too.
    Mashef likes this.
  7. Chubba bubba Journeyman

This is a real thing? Jesus Christ that just changed my outlook on a lot of things...
  8. Mowens Elder

I'd love to see some proof, other than this p99 player's hearsay. All I know is, p99 isn't nearly as polished as DBG's servers. I never enjoyed p99.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

Are you talking about bugs, or? Because a server with everything unlocked on purpose, could not by definition be TLP I would think. What TLP server started with PoP?
  10. Tudadar Augur

All single server classic normal TLP launches spread out at least a year apart will be packed unless settings are crazy. After 3 double launch progression servers and one single launch progression server they have the #s. As much as you think you have them also you dont.
  11. jagarr Augur

p99 is trash garbage box, news at 11. also red99 is a sick sad world. plz end both sufferings #wipethemlikeabutt
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I doubt it's true. But if this thread disappears you'll know it is true.
  13. Ethereal Augur

Spotted another non-raiding phini player.

14. Healbro Elder

Not sure if you're stupid or a bad troll but basically none of what you said is true. I played on P99 for like 3-4 years on and off. It absolutely DOES NOT have more players than Phinigel. That's absurd. The "actual GM's/Customer service" consists of a dude more interested in smacking his jolly ranchers on stream than fixing the absolutely disgustingly broken raid scene on that server. It's nearly unanimously agreed to be one of the worst raiding experiences of any EQ server ever unless you're one of the neckbeards in the top 2 guilds that LITERALLY stare at spawn points for 16 hours straight waiting for a dragon they've killed every week for 2 years to spawn. When an NPC ate my epic turnin and didn't give me back the piece it was supposed to it took 5 1/2 days to get my item restored. So far none of my Phinigel petitions have taken that long to get answered and I've put in 4 or 5 of them for various things.

Play P99 if you want to. Just know that at any time a GM can go rogue and decide to ban you on some made-up charges and strip your account to sell on RMT websites. It's already happened once before. Also if you think Rogean isn't making massive $$$ off that server you're nuts.