New TLP: Chanter or Bard? Can't decide.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chikkin, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Chikkin Augur

Hey. Thanks for clicking.

Bard because they can do it all?

Enchanter because they can do some things better, plus chill (boring) during raids?

Background? Played a Bard hardcore 99-2001. Loved it. Always admired a good chanter. During raids though the chanters seemed so bored, being buffbots. Yet, I wasn't much better being a resist/whatever bot and having to stay in range of my group.

Thoughts? Opinoins? ...I'm so 'cited!
  2. Barder-mangler Augur

If you are min/maxing an enchanter to their potential, you will never be idle in a raid (at least in classic). Always have a charmed pet that is buffed/hasted with summoned weps, chain/rotation mezzing, buffing your raid, adding Nukes/Dot/debuffs etc, stun locking etc. There is a lot of versatility in the class- yes you could play a chanter as buffbot, but if you aren’t LOM most of the time in classic you are playing the class poorly.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

What server?

Are you interested in more raiding or grouping?

When are you going to quit?
  4. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

well, sometimes bards are compared with chanters for their CC abilities. but in group contents, bards are more close to monks. this may sound weird but bards are pullers+group leader rather than CCs. of course, in some camps like crypt in sebilis, bards can run a group even w/o chanters but this kind of camps is quite limited.

As you may already know of, bards are as boring as chanters in raid =) + not much better than bot bards neither.

If you are very skilled player and love pulling, then play a bard.
    unless, go for a chanter =)